Obama shuts down 1.6m acres to oil shale development

Obama Shuts Down 1.6M Acres to Oil Shale Development

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, the Obama Interior Department announced a plan to shut down 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development. The land had originally been slated for drilling under President George W. Bush.

So the higher gas prices are cometh .. And this WILL Be Obama's fault just like higher electricity and he has no fear about being re elected so he will do everything he can to destroy this country..

The so called article tells us absolutely nothing. Shale oil is extremely difficult to extract. While Bush allowed for a few permits so that a number of companies could try to develop workable methods to extract the oil from the shale, I believe those permits had time limits. I have not heard of any good developments over the last five years as to them finding an effective way to extract the oil. While there are over 1 trillion potential barrels of oil in the Green River Basin, if they can't get it out without completely destroying the environment and at a cost effective price, then it's all a pipe dream.

Anyway, get back to us when you have some real information as to the reasoning behind this.

Well, you obviously don't remember Obozo promising this in 2008!!!!!

Democrats want us to be energy independent, but refuse to allow us to exploit our own resources.
Like those thousands of capped-wells, in the Gulf O' Mexico, right??

smack.gif

So Obamination admits he wants higher energy costs at the pump and in your house, then he says it is really happening right now....but denies he is limiting exploration on public lands.

Then he blocks energy exploration on public lands.....liberal scumbags go on the internet and media to lie that it isn't true....fucking insane.

The kook shows up again....take your cartoons and shove them up your ass.

You add nothing here, but cartoons and kook links.

So Obamination admits he wants higher energy costs at the pump and in your house, then he says it is really happening right now....but denies he is limiting exploration on public lands.
.....Because there's no need, Goober.​

Gimme a DUH!
GOOBER!!!!!

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

529.gif

Democrats want us to be energy independent, but refuse to allow us to exploit our own resources.

Wind mills from China, oil from Petrobra. Any thing else and Obama's guide dog, Soros would lose money.

Obama to America:
Under my plan..rates would skyrocket.....coal plants, natural gas, you name it.

Obama to Petrobra: (Petrol Brazil) (The foreign oil he says he wants us off of, remember?)
“We want to work with you. We want to help with technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely, and, when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”

Don't you wish those two quotes were turned around? We've got oil too! Work with us, not them!

Say hello to the real one percent:

The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil’s state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil’s Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil’s planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan.

The U.S. Export-Import Bank tells us it has issued a “preliminary commitment” letter to Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion and has discussed with Brazil the possibility of increasing that amount. Ex-I’m Bank says it has not decided whether the money will come in the form of a direct loan or loan guarantees. Either way, this corporate foreign aid may strike some readers as odd, given that the U.S. Treasury seems desperate for cash and Petrobras is one of the largest corporations in the Americas.
Obama’s $2 billion to Brazil ends up helping send oil to China « Hot Air

Redistribution of wealth has nothing to do with soaking OUR wealthy to give to OUR poor, it's using the wealth of this country to benefit the wealthier in other countries.
Again, Obama:
Amid public distrust, “the trick" is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources and hence facilitate some redistribution? — because I actually believe in redistribution

From health to heat there is nothing Obama does that benefits the United States.
And he's flexible now.

Last edited:

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, the Obama Interior Department announced a plan to shut down 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development. The land had originally been slated for drilling under President George W. Bush.

So the higher gas prices are cometh .. And this WILL Be Obama's fault just like higher electricity and he has no fear about being re elected so he will do everything he can to destroy this country..

The so called article tells us absolutely nothing. Shale oil is extremely difficult to extract. While Bush allowed for a few permits so that a number of companies could try to develop workable methods to extract the oil from the shale, I believe those permits had time limits. I have not heard of any good developments over the last five years as to them finding an effective way to extract the oil. While there are over 1 trillion potential barrels of oil in the Green River Basin, if they can't get it out without completely destroying the environment and at a cost effective price, then it's all a pipe dream.

Anyway, get back to us when you have some real information as to the reasoning behind this.

I think you're confusing shale oil, or "liquids" as it's termed by industry, with oil sands (tar sands) oil. If not, lemme know please. Either that or you're seriously stupid.

Shale: Sedimentary Rock - Pictures, Definition & More

I'd be interested to know if new oil wells in (blue state) California are being denied after the pipeline in (red states) Oklahoma and Texas were denied, now the shale industry in (red states) South Dakota and North Dakota are under attack by Obamination.

Let's throw in (red state) Louisiana after the oil spill inthe Gulf being denied new permits offshore...

'we' are the people who believe in things like...science ...'shithead' :)

if the geeks were right about the polls and math..imagine if they are right about science too :p

Like the science developed by private industry that allows them to reach the most remote and difficult-to-produce hydrocarbon deposits?

I think you're confusing shale oil, or "liquids" as it's termed by industry, with oil sands (tar sands) oil. If not, lemme know please. Either that or you're seriously stupid.

Shale: Sedimentary Rock - Pictures, Definition & More

If energy came from donuts, you still wouldn't be allowed to have one.
Donuts: $8,000 a dozen + tax.

Does this mean you won't be voting for him last Tuesday?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...............We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'we' are the people who believe in things like...science ...'shithead' :)

if the geeks were right about the polls and math..imagine if they are right about science too :p

Like the science developed by private industry that allows them to reach the most remote and difficult-to-produce hydrocarbon deposits?

if you could provide a link or a bit more detail i would be better able to form a reply perhaps..not sure exactly what you refer to?

thanks.

[please note im off to work soon..will try to reply asap but may be later today or tomorrow]

I don't see the benefit of shale oil extraction. It's costly and it fucks up the Earth's surface. I don't really see an upside. It's certainly not going to help us at the pump. If they can develop in-situ extraction that is cost-effective, then I'm all for it.

Last edited:

As predicted...it begins.

I don't see the benefit of shale oil extraction. It's costly and it fucks up the Earth's surface. I don't really see an upside. It's certainly not going to help us at the pump. If they can develop in-situ extraction that is cost-effective, then I'm all for it.

You just don't really know what you're talking about, do you?

Forum List

Back