Obama: Thank Bush If Immigration Passes

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Obama: Thank Bush If Immigration Passes

One major piece of unfinished business from George W. Bush's presidency is comprehensive immigration reform. With the issue once again before Congress, President Barack Obama said Thursday if it passes this time, Bush should receive a lion's share of the credit.

Obama spoke, along with four other living U.S. presidents, at a dedication ceremony for Bush's new presidential library in Dallas, Texas. All of them mostly avoided discussion of partisan politics, but Obama took a moment to praise Bush for his effort to find compromise on immigration reform.

He framed the current proposals to strengthen border security and offer a path to citizenship to undocumented immigrants as an effort to finish the work that Bush started in 2007, saying it "has taken a little longer than any of us had expected" to accomplish.

Obama: Thank George W. Bush If Immigration Passes - ABC News

I wonder what is in this bill, trying to get in front of something voters or immigrants may not like in the bill? Or is he truly recognizing Bush?

I don't think he remembers that President G.W. Bush and Senator McCain suffered a huge backlash by the grassroots Republicans.

Or thinks that we have forgotten.

I'll not forget McCain's temper tantrum he threw when opposed on this issue during a town hall event.

Forum List

Back