🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare takes another hit

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Shoving Obamacare down the throats of Americans has not only had serious negative unintended consequences, it is running into resistance, rejection and cost-overruns at its most basic level.

Furthermore, early data shows many of those who have bought into it already had health insurance meaning many of those it was intended to help - the uninsured - are still uninsured.

"Nearly half of the 23 non-profit insurance plans created under Obamacare in 2011 at a cost of $2.4 billion have announced they will close by the end of the year.

Utah’s Arches Health Plan on Tuesday became the 10th health insurance co-op to announce that it was closing its doors. The move comes soon after the Obama administration’s decision on Oct. 1 to provide just 12.6 percent of the $2.87 billion that insurers were seeking to offset losses caused by unexpectedly high coverage costs."

Nearly Half of Obamacare Co-Ops Are Closing

Well, the American people did make it clear to the Democrats that we did not want Obamacare, but they did it anyway.

Now they must pay the piper what he is due.

It was never designed to work. It was designed to be complex, unwieldy, and broken that Americans would demand government run healthcare. We'll get it, with some kind of crony capitalism deal between government and the insurance companies. When it happens, look to government to take the credit for "fixing" the problem they created in the first place.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Government will break a man's legs, hand him some crutches, and then tell the man that he wouldn't be able to walk if it wasn't for government.

I must admit, I'm saving $600/month on premiums. But the plans are for shit.

Premiums and deductibles are headed upward... seven times faster than inflation. So grab your ankles an fasten your seatbelts.

Kaiser Study: Deductibles under Obamacare rising seven times faster than inflation

Ever notice how Hot Air never provides a link to the primary source it's ostensibly citing?

Here's the actual Kaiser Family Foundation site: Employer Family Health Premiums Rise 4 Percent to $17,545 in 2015, Extending a Decade-Long Trend of Relatively Moderate Increases

Now, curiously, there's this quote in the Hot Air article you linked to:
Most of the nearly 10 million people in marketplace plans qualify for subsidies to offset their premiums, but deductibles in many plans are thousands of dollars.

The implication is that there were no such deductibles prior to implementation of the PPACA which, as you know - because you have some RL experience - is patently untrue.

I must admit, I'm saving $600/month on premiums. But the plans are for shit.

Premiums and deductibles are headed upward... seven times faster than inflation. So grab your ankles an fasten your seatbelts.

Kaiser Study: Deductibles under Obamacare rising seven times faster than inflation

My premiums and coverage were unchanged by O-Care but my deductibles were raised $1,500/person or a total of $4,500. Yeah ... O-Care transferred wealth from me to others (and I'm retired). Maybe I'll boot the baby (in college) off the policy and let Obama pay for her healthcare.

Thanks Mr. Prez.

Well, the American people did make it clear to the Democrats that we did not want Obamacare, but they did it anyway.

Now they must pay the piper what he is due.

Yeah ... no ... we must pay Obama's piper.

ObamaCare is touting (thru TV ads) the fact that many who sign up not only get health insurance, they get a gov't subsidy to help pay for it.

Of course, that gov't money didn't grow on trees but rather was confiscated from others who may have worked hard for it.

Many of us have been forced to accept less coverage (often in the form of higher deductibles) and have been forced to change our doctors.

Last edited:
My costs went up, however the costs went down for the secretary in my department. Granted I make a lot more than her. The funny thing is the secretary's husband is a doctor. MAJOR FUCKING LOOPHOLE PEOPLE!

CXQIeukWkAAaoJH.jpg

Shoving Obamacare down the throats of Americans has not only had serious negative unintended consequences, it is running into resistance, rejection and cost-overruns at its most basic level.

Furthermore, early data shows many of those who have bought into it already had health insurance meaning many of those it was intended to help - the uninsured - are still uninsured.

"Nearly half of the 23 non-profit insurance plans created under Obamacare in 2011 at a cost of $2.4 billion have announced they will close by the end of the year.

Utah’s Arches Health Plan on Tuesday became the 10th health insurance co-op to announce that it was closing its doors. The move comes soon after the Obama administration’s decision on Oct. 1 to provide just 12.6 percent of the $2.87 billion that insurers were seeking to offset losses caused by unexpectedly high coverage costs."

Nearly Half of Obamacare Co-Ops Are Closing
Do they have socialized medicine in Israel?

Forum List

Back