🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Gestapo sifts through the phone records of more than 100 reporters

So when the IRS impeachment fails, ya'll gonna go for this next?

Repeal the Patriot Act for fucks sake, Osama is dead and al Queda is decimated.

According to Gatsby here, illegally leaking classifying information which aided terrorists is just something "that Obama did not like".

I would think most Americans would not like such a thing, but to Gatsby, apparently only dirty liberals oppose leaking information to terrorists.

serves them right, they have been on their knees for this man and his corrupt administration..now maybe we can get some TRUTH and not spin from them

KARMA came back to bite them in the ass

I've long said that the Patriot Act was unconstitutional. So did liberals before Obama took office.

serves them right, they have been on their knees for this man and his corrupt administration..now maybe we can get some TRUTH and not spin from them

KARMA came back to bite them in the ass

The AP are worms, but they still have their rights just like any other American.

why didn't Obama repeal it when he had a majority?
and why weren't you asking him to do it then?

According to Gatsby here, illegally leaking classifying information which aided terrorists is just something "that Obama did not like".

I would think most Americans would not like such a thing, but to Gatsby, apparently only dirty liberals oppose leaking information to terrorists.

Oh, you're referring to whatever face value reason Obama gave to try and justify searching the records of more than 100 reporters? Give me a break. Obama was searching for who is connected to who for the sake of his own personal power.

Ah, so Gatsby _is_ running cover for Al Qaeda. I knew it. His moron act is just that, an act to disguise his islamicist affiliations. After all, no human could possibly actually be as dumb as Gatsby pretends to be. At least I hope not.

Ah, so Gatsby _is_ running cover for Al Qaeda. I knew it. His moron act is just that, an act to disguise his islamicist affiliations. After all, no human could possibly actually be as dumb as Gatsby pretends to be. At least I hope not.

Do you even know which reporter(s) are alleged to have did a story that helped Al Qaueda?
Do you even know how the story is to have allegedly helped Al Quaeda?
I think there has to be a hell of a lot more 'sunshine' to justify spying upon more than a hundred citizens; especially citizens who Obama has something to personally/politically gain from.

especially citizens who Obama has something to personally/politically gain from.

Please do explain the conspiracy further. Exactly what does Obama have to gain from these people?

Is it your contention that Obama personally ordered it? Other than your gut feeling, which tends to be laughably wrong (see "the 2012 election"), do you have any evidence to support that claim?

And why did the Justice department openly state that they collected the phone numbers? Were they trying to intimidate people? Seems a silly way to do it. If I was a thug tyrant with nearly unlimited powers, I could think of many better ways to intimidate people than announcing I'd collected phone numbers. That would rank pretty feeble as an intimidation method.

Here's a thought. Someone at justice got lazy and went overly broad with the fishing, when they should have been more precise.

Last edited:

Um, Obama just extended the patriot act...

...and if you are buying that al quada is "decimated" you are just proving how big of a fool you are!

Oh, you're referring to whatever face value reason Obama gave to try and justify searching the records of more than 100 reporters? Give me a break. Obama was searching for who is connected to who for the sake of his own personal power.

Very disappointing indeed. Compare that with the generosity of spirit The Bush League demonstrated toward Valerie Plame - or Colin Powell.... :eusa_whistle:

You nutballs are a real hoot.

Last edited:
Apparently the "G" word is not an exaggeration. Through the Attorney General the administration controls the entire "justice" dept which includes the FBI and maybe portions of the HLS and federal law enforcement. A.G. Eric Holder has shown himself to be an incompetent and perhaps corrupt agent of the administration and B. Hussein has gone out of his way to protect him with executive privilege in withholding information from congressional investigations targeting the insane Fast/Furious operation. Now we have the IRS stuff and illegal surveillance of the Associated Press for political purposes. Who investigates the investigator?

You really seriously buy into the bullshit that AQ is decimated? Holy toledo. Put down the bong!

:lol:

For crying out loud even the New York Times finally had to admit that the Syrian rebels are now AQ.

Granted they were 8 or 9 months late in getting to the truth, but better late than never.

Al-Qaeda's Specter in Syria

Author: Ed Husain, Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies
August 6, 2012
Al-Qaeda's Specter in Syria - al-qaeda-in-syria

The Syrian rebels would be immeasurably weaker today without al-Qaeda in their ranks. By and large, Free Syrian Army (FSA) battalions are tired, divided, chaotic, and ineffective.

Feeling abandoned by the West, rebel forces are increasingly demoralized as they square off with the Assad regime's superior weaponry and professional army. Al-Qaeda fighters, however, may help improve morale.

The influx of jihadis brings discipline, religious fervor, battle experience from Iraq, funding from Sunni sympathizers in the Gulf, and most importantly, deadly results. In short, the FSA needs al-Qaeda now.

In Syria, al-Qaeda's foot soldiers call themselves Jabhat al-Nusrah li-Ahli al-Sham (Front for the Protection of the Levantine People).

The group's strength and acceptance by the FSA are demonstrated by their increasing activity on the ground (BBC)--from seven attacks in March to sixty-six "operations" in June.

In particular, the Jabhat has helped take the fight to Syria's two largest cities: the capital of Damascus, where 54 percent of its activities have been, and Aleppo.

Indeed, al-Qaeda could become the most effective fighting force in Syria if defections from the FSA to the Jabhat persist and the ranks of foreign fighters (Guardian) continue to swell.

Al-Qaeda's Specter in Syria - Council on Foreign Relations

why didn't Obama repeal it when he had a majority?
and why weren't you asking him to do it then?

What difference does it make, you'll not believe me when I say I never supported unwarrented wire taps and the phone companies handing over records. Or the Mandate, or his caveman acts......

You really seriously buy into the bullshit that AQ is decimated? Holy toledo. Put down the bong!

:lol:

For crying out loud even the New York Times finally had to admit that the Syrian rebels are now AQ.

Granted they were 8 or 9 months late in getting to the truth, but better late than never.

Al-Qaeda's Specter in Syria

Author: Ed Husain, Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies
August 6, 2012
Al-Qaeda's Specter in Syria - al-qaeda-in-syria

The Syrian rebels would be immeasurably weaker today without al-Qaeda in their ranks. By and large, Free Syrian Army (FSA) battalions are tired, divided, chaotic, and ineffective.

Feeling abandoned by the West, rebel forces are increasingly demoralized as they square off with the Assad regime's superior weaponry and professional army. Al-Qaeda fighters, however, may help improve morale.

The influx of jihadis brings discipline, religious fervor, battle experience from Iraq, funding from Sunni sympathizers in the Gulf, and most importantly, deadly results. In short, the FSA needs al-Qaeda now.

In Syria, al-Qaeda's foot soldiers call themselves Jabhat al-Nusrah li-Ahli al-Sham (Front for the Protection of the Levantine People).

The group's strength and acceptance by the FSA are demonstrated by their increasing activity on the ground (BBC)--from seven attacks in March to sixty-six "operations" in June.

In particular, the Jabhat has helped take the fight to Syria's two largest cities: the capital of Damascus, where 54 percent of its activities have been, and Aleppo.

Indeed, al-Qaeda could become the most effective fighting force in Syria if defections from the FSA to the Jabhat persist and the ranks of foreign fighters (Guardian) continue to swell.

Al-Qaeda's Specter in Syria - Council on Foreign Relations

Every Islamic racial group is al queda now. Consider in 2001 they were able to hatch a plan that hit our military headquarters in Washington DC. The ones that did that are decimated. This year some were able to launch an attack on one of our far flung outpost in lawless Eastern Lybia. Just how connected they were to the orginal bin Ladens group remains to be seen. They scattered like roaches. Doesn't mean those surviving roaches will not gather someplace else, re-group and spread their hate filled ideology.

This story is disturbing. And they won't say why they sought the records.

In a letter of protest sent to Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday, AP President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Pruitt said the government sought and obtained information far beyond anything that could be justified by any specific investigation.

He demanded the return of the phone records and destruction of all copies.

"There can be no possible justification for such an overbroad collection of the telephone communications of The Associated Press and its reporters.

These records potentially reveal communications with confidential sources across all of the newsgathering activities undertaken by the AP during a two-month period, provide a road map to AP's newsgathering operations and disclose information about AP's activities and operations that the government has no conceivable right to know," Pruitt said.

The government would not say why it sought the records.

Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe

And in typical fashion, the White House denies any knowledge of what the DOJ was up to.

Interesting.

Prosecutors have sought phone records from reporters before, but the seizure of records from such a wide array of AP offices, including general AP switchboards numbers and an office-wide shared fax line, is unusual.

From the Washington Times:

The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative’s top executive called a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into how news organizations gather the news.

Funny, every day we hear something new about this "administration". Although I see no way possible that Barry gets impeached (hell, look at the boot lickers on this site), I AM a little curious as to what point EXACTLY does the left begin to question the "High Potentate"...

Or is it as I have feared all along - his supporters are nothing more than those mealy mouthed Germans who stood for hours screaming "Zeig Heil"?? Then, when the end came - sat in the ruins of Berlin claiming "But we didn't know".....

Forum List

Back