Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

No, Pub dupes, Pub obstruction, brainwashed- that about covers pub voters...

GOP 2012: "Repeal the 20th century"- Well read the book. And my signature...I also have a book, just self published....

No, Pub dupes, Pub obstruction, brainwashed- that about covers pub voters...

GOP 2012: "Repeal the 20th century"- Well read the book. And my signature...I also have a book, just self published....

No, Dim dupes, Dim obstruction, brainwashed- that about covers dim voters...

Dem 2012: "Change you can believe in... maybe.. kinda...well, probably not, but elect us anyway. We have cookies!"

Taking things out of context and rewrapping them in liberal interpretation is not a good or honest use of history.

Rebuttal to Bfgm's argument:

Those blinded by partisanship or ideology too often focus on whatever minutiae supports their thesis and ignore the larger context that provides a more honest picture. Of course the Founders disagreed, argued, debated, and deliberated over every issue to arrive at the policy that would best fit the larger concept on which they were all agreed. There is nothing sinister about that but rather speaks to the integrity of men who wanted get it right in the best interests of a new nation.

Thank you for providing the best history corporations can buy.

But, here is your problem. Your post does NOTHING to dispel the FACTS our founding fathers heavily regulated corporations. They ran a government controlled economy.

Just how many business corporations were there in the late 1700's in America? More importantly, you do realize that the Framers created a nation, which is in itself a corporation? True story.

The real Boston Tea Party was a protest against huge corporate tax cuts for the British East India Company, the largest trans-national corporation then in existence. This corporate tax cut threatened to decimate small Colonial businesses by helping the BEIC pull a Wal-Mart against small entrepreneurial tea shops, and individuals began a revolt that kicked-off a series of events that ended in the creation of The United States of America.

Thank you for providing the best history corporations can buy.

But, here is your problem. Your post does NOTHING to dispel the FACTS our founding fathers heavily regulated corporations. They ran a government controlled economy.

Just how many business corporations were there in the late 1700's in America? More importantly, you do realize that the Framers created a nation, which is in itself a corporation? True story.

The real Boston Tea Party was a protest against huge corporate tax cuts for the British East India Company, the largest trans-national corporation then in existence. This corporate tax cut threatened to decimate small Colonial businesses by helping the BEIC pull a Wal-Mart against small entrepreneurial tea shops, and individuals began a revolt that kicked-off a series of events that ended in the creation of The United States of America.

So, you're saying, that the United States of America was founded on a protest against tax cuts to big business?

So, you're saying, that the United States of America was founded on a protest against tax cuts to big business?

The Boston Tea Party was a protest against tax cuts to big business. The colonists rejected being able to buy cheaper 'corporate' tea, and instead fought to protect local businessmen.

A pamphlet was circulated through the colonies called The Alarm and signed by an enigmatic “Rusticus.” One issue made clear the feelings of colonial Americans about England's largest transnational corporation and its behavior around the world: “Their Conduct in Asia, for some Years past, has given simple Proof, how little they regard the Laws of Nations, the Rights, Liberties, or Lives of Men. They have levied War, excited Rebellions, dethroned lawful Princes, and sacrificed Millions for the Sake of Gain. The Revenues of Mighty Kingdoms have entered their Coffers. And these not being sufficient to glut their Avarice, they have, by the most unparalleled Barbarities, Extortions, and Monopolies, stripped the miserable Inhabitants of their Property, and reduced whole Provinces to Indigence and Ruin. Fifteen hundred Thousands, it is said, perished by Famine in one Year, not because the Earth denied its Fruits; but [because] this Company and their Servants engulfed all the Necessaries of Life, and set them at so high a Price that the poor could not purchase them.”

$200 million for PUBLIC computer centers at community colleges -- Ever hear of a public library? What's wrong with utilizing THESE facilities?

No one said anything was wrong with it.

$200 million in funding for the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for use on millitary instillations -- they're soldiers, they need to be marching from building to building to remain in shape, not drive.

Oh, yeah, you're right! Shit man, the military has been using automobiles for decades, and all this time, they could have just been walking! Fucking MORONS! Its great you've brought this to our attention!

Shhhhhhh . . . . be very very quiet, you never know when Michelle Obama may be watching.

The Obama Administration has already worked to establish the Interagency Working Group on Food Marketing, comprised of representatives from the following: the Federal Trade Commision (FTC), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Dispite Jenny Craig, the Atkins Diet, Weight Watchers, the Mediterranean Diet, eating food according to your blood type, etc, these brilliant minds have come up with "THE formula" for dictating what foods children under 18 should be allowed to eat. Unfortunately this study has lead to some amazing findings, which include discouraging the advertising of: 2% milk, most cheeses, most canned fish, canned beans, canned vegetables, some peanut butters, instant oatmeal products, many whole wheat and whole grain breads, soups, breakfast cereals, yogurt, plain bagles, beef burgers (to include 95% lean), chicken breast, eggs fried or scrambled, orange juice, and coffee.

The IWG proposal arbitrarily and without any basis in science would characterize many foods
universally recognized as part of a healthful diet as “foods of little or no nutritional value.” This
includes many commonly consumed foods that the federal government, and even many food
industry critics, recommend as foods to be encouraged in a healthful diet, such as whole wheat
bread, breakfast cereals, soups, reduced fat yogurt, reduced fat cheese, and canned vegetables.

It appears that bottled water, any calorie-free or low calorie beverage, as well as other
beverages that contain <13 grams of added sugar, would not meet the required nutrition
standards due to a lack of contributing food group.

http://www.gmaonline.org/file-manager/Health_Nutrition/GMA_nutrition_comments.pdf

Redistribution of wealth is not a function of government.

yes it is.

You have to understand something saveliberty, some individuals have no concept of working hard to earn for themselves. I equate these people to that of "spoiled rich snobby brats", viewing the lifestyles of their wealthy parents. They never feel the need to do any real "work" for themselves, just "give me" what I feel I am entitled to. This is why those of the current generation may be viewed as (to put it bluntly): lazy and self centered, when compared to the work ethics of those who actually worked hard to EARN a living during (lets say) the 30s and 40s.

Last edited:
One cannot help but laugh when the complaint of those who object to the JOBS BILL, a bill designed to put people to WORK, complain that Americans don't want to WORK.

Confused much?

Your opinion is noted Bfgm. As well as your failure to rebut my opinion or any of my sources with anything other than what seems to not-that-well-informed opinion and inadequate sources.

My husband and I have founded and run a corporation and I have spent the last several years of my professional life auditing financial records of mostly corporations. Many, if not most of these are mom & pop family operations providing products and services for people who want them. They and others like them provide most of the jobs in this area, and not a single one of them has presumed to harm me in any way, infringe on any right I have, or do violence anybody.

Those operating in multiple states are and should be regulated by the Federal Government so that the occasional rogue or unethical operation cannot do harm with impunity. Unfortunately, since now government is the power rather than the people, those in government can be and are bought off by big corporations to the detriment of us all. Big corporations do have too much power to influence government. The unholy alliance between President Obama and G.E. is a perfect illustration.

But the problem is not with the corporations. The problem is with a government that has the ower to dispense favors and benevolence on whomever it chooses, and therefore can be manipulated for votes and campaign contributions. Take away government's power to to use the people's money to buy influence, power, prestige, or increase personal fortunes, and the government will go back to enforcing anti-trust laws. And the problem will be mostly solved.

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

The long history of mankind is one of mostly oppression brought about by monarchies, aristocracies, plutocracies and other forms of privilege for the few. The few have ALWAYS been the land owners, and the serfs and oppressed have had no rights because of their lack of property.

The seminal achievement and ideals that made our founding fathers stand out through the clouds of human oppression were HUMAN rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

There are no caveats or qualifications attached to those rights. If you own a thousand acres or just the clothes on your back, you are EQUAL.

But I fully understand the history of conservatism.

Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

When you understand this and view their words, ask the question; will this lead to some form of an aristocracy?

The answer is always YES...

Notice how I put emphasis on the word: "pursuit of happiness" The founders never said it would be guaranteed, or that it was the job of the government to supply it. The "freedom" that is spoken here, is the ability of the individual to have no limits in persuing their own goals and thereby effect their own lifestyle. You have the choice to work FOR a corporation, just as much as you have the right (and ability) to educate, build through hard work, invest, and establish a business of your own. It's the power of the "individual" to persue their own goals and effect their own way of life that was the hope of the Founding Fathers in this country. It's not the role of government, however, to interfere and penalize the hard work and successes of others. I haven't found anything in the Constitution that would support ANY level of government, determining which "group" should succeed and which should be penalized for it.

Last edited:
One cannot help but laugh when the complaint of those who object to the JOBS BILL, a bill designed to put people to WORK, complain that Americans don't want to WORK.

Confused much?

I'd assume political motivations from Republicans, but Democrats? I suspect political reasons:

Hill Dems pick apart Obama jobs plan - POLITICO.com Print View

Hill Dems pick apart Obama jobs plan
By: Manu Raju
September 14, 2011 04:59 AM EDT

President Barack Obama’s new jobs plan is hitting some unexpected turbulence in the halls of Congress: lawmakers from his own party.

As he demands Congress quickly approve his ambitious proposal aimed at reviving the sagging economy, many Democrats on Capitol Hill appear far from sold that the president has the right antidote to spur major job growth and turn around their party’s political fortunes.

“Terrible,” Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) told POLITICO when asked about the president’s ideas for how to pay for the $450 billion price tag. “We shouldn’t increase taxes on ordinary income. … There are other ways to get there.”

“That offset is not going to fly, and he should know that,” said Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu from the energy-producing Louisiana, referring to Obama’s elimination of oil and gas subsidies. “Maybe it’s just for his election, which I hope isn’t the case.”

“I think the best jobs bill that can be passed is a comprehensive long-term deficit-reduction plan,” said Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), discussing proposals to slash the debt by $4 trillion by overhauling entitlement programs and raising revenue through tax reforms. “That’s better than everything else the president is talking about — combined.”

And those are just the moderates in the party. Some liberals also have concerns...

$200 million for PUBLIC computer centers at community colleges -- Ever hear of a public library? What's wrong with utilizing THESE facilities?

$200 million in funding for the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for use on millitary instillations -- they're soldiers, they need to be marching from building to building to remain in shape, not drive.

Oh, yeah, you're right! Shit man, the military has been using automobiles for decades, and all this time, they could have just been walking! Fucking MORONS! Its great you've brought this to our attention!

You are quoting me to something I never said

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create "zero" jobs?

The Facts: A more accurate jobs count may come from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which estimates the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the stimulus bill, "increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million" in the second quarter of 2010 alone. The budget office also states that well over half a million jobs were funded in each of the other three quarters of 2010.

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create &#8220;zero&#8221; jobs? &#8211; CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Are you refering to these projects under the first $787 Billion Stimulus bill?

$150 million for the Smithsonian Museaum -- It's a nice museaum but hardly in need of creating more room.

$448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters -- what's wrong with the building that they occupy now?

$248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters -- let them use the furniture they already have instead of trashing it for a slightly newer model or "proper" name brand

$600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees -- encourage them to use public transportation or have them buy the vehicles themselves. Why should our government pay for fancy new vehicles?

$160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for the National and Community Service -- if they are paid they aren't volunteers, they are called "employees"

$5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National CEMETERY Administration -- electric hearses or lawn mowers? Use horses, they establish a better appearance and will fertilize the grounds they graze.

$100 million for reducing the hazards of lead based paint -- since lead-based paint is no longer permitted in new construction, wouldn't it be cheaper to repaint using latex paints?

$75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security Officers when they can be trained at existing facilities at other agencies. -- what's wrong with where they train now? Let them use Quantico, it's huge and already sitting there for use

$6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings -- turn off lights when not in use, or install motion sensors. Use weather stripping insulation around windows and doors, it's cheaper.

. . . . are these the types of projects we can hope to find in Obama's "American Jobs Act"?

$5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National CEMETERY Administration -- electric hearses or lawn mowers? Use horses, they establish a better appearance and will fertilize the grounds they graze.

How much of the engery money was wasted by giving it to Solyndra?

Here's my comment

Last edited:

You are quoting me to something I never said

How much of the engery money was wasted by giving it to Solyndra?

Here's my comment

Using a big font only highlights your spelling mistakes more.

Your opinion is noted Bfgm. As well as your failure to rebut my opinion or any of my sources with anything other than what seems to not-that-well-informed opinion and inadequate sources.

My husband and I have founded and run a corporation and I have spent the last several years of my professional life auditing financial records of mostly corporations. Many, if not most of these are mom & pop family operations providing products and services for people who want them. They and others like them provide most of the jobs in this area, and not a single one of them has presumed to harm me in any way, infringe on any right I have, or do violence anybody.

Those operating in multiple states are and should be regulated by the Federal Government so that the occasional rogue or unethical operation cannot do harm with impunity. Unfortunately, since now government is the power rather than the people, those in government can be and are bought off by big corporations to the detriment of us all. Big corporations do have too much power to influence government. The unholy alliance between President Obama and G.E. is a perfect illustration.

But the problem is not with the corporations. The problem is with a government that has the ower to dispense favors and benevolence on whomever it chooses, and therefore can be manipulated for votes and campaign contributions. Take away government's power to to use the people's money to buy influence, power, prestige, or increase personal fortunes, and the government will go back to enforcing anti-trust laws. And the problem will be mostly solved.

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

The long history of mankind is one of mostly oppression brought about by monarchies, aristocracies, plutocracies and other forms of privilege for the few. The few have ALWAYS been the land owners, and the serfs and oppressed have had no rights because of their lack of property.

The seminal achievement and ideals that made our founding fathers stand out through the clouds of human oppression were HUMAN rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

There are no caveats or qualifications attached to those rights. If you own a thousand acres or just the clothes on your back, you are EQUAL.

But I fully understand the history of conservatism.

Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

When you understand this and view their words, ask the question; will this lead to some form of an aristocracy?

The answer is always YES...

Notice how I put emphasis on the word: "pursuit of happiness" The founders never said it would be guaranteed, or that it was the job of the government to supply it. The "freedom" that is spoken here, is the ability of the individual to have no limits in persuing their own goals and thereby effect their own lifestyle. You have the choice to work FOR a corporation, just as much as you have the right (and ability) to educate, build through hard work, invest, and establish a business of your own. It's the power of the "individual" to persue their own goals and effect their own way of life that was the hope of the Founding Fathers in this country. It's not the role of government, however, to interfere and penalize the hard work and successes of others. I haven't found anything in the Constitution that would support ANY level of government, determining which "group" should succeed and which should be penalized for it.

Thank you for verifying my premise. You have supplied one of the standard parroting points used by conservatives to build their aristocracy.

If you want to selectively parse words, Thomas Jefferson placed 'life' and 'liberty' ahead of 'the pursuit of happiness', so the fact that 'life' itself cannot be possible without your health; Thomas Jefferson supports universal health care coverage for all Americans. Health care for all citizens is a right, not a privilege.

"What is true of every member of the society, individually, is true of them all collectively; since the rights of the whole can be no more than the sum of the rights of the individuals." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1789. ME 7:455, Papers 15:393

Forum List

Back