Obama's Thanksgiving Message

I suspect even homes that bar political speech at Thanksgiving dinner - generally homes of Democrats, who fear such discussions - will be hard-pressed to enforce the rule this year. I suspect Obama will be one subject of discussion, and it won't be pretty.

WH Suggests Americans Talk About Gun Control As They're 'Sitting Around the Thanksgiving Table'

That conversation around my Thanksgiving table will be rather short. Gun control....use both hands.
Mine would be, is there a gun store open today?

Youngest daughter (38) might bring up gun control.

Rest of the family would laugh at her

My family represents both sides of the aisle. I ban all politics during dinner. Someone always get pissed and I ain't having it at my table.

Gun control at Thanksgiving ? Well yeah. Ask Pa how hard it was to keep the rifle sights lined up in the rain before shooting the turkey.

Fucking Obama.

Seriously. Bush was a fuck up in many ways. But holy fuck...Obama is a total disaster. The fact that some would still consider him a success is frightening...unless by 'success' they mean fucking the whole world up.

We're celebrating Thanksgiving with our church family by feeding the poor, needy, and people who have no family / no place to go. We're also reaching out to elderly shut ins in our city with a thanksgiving meal and people are volunteering to deliver the food to their homes. It's going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

yes, because what's really needed at the holiday family gathering are more hot button topics.

If the NRA was advocating that people discussed gun rights the WH would be mocking the hell out of them- and with good reason.

It's Thanksgiving, how about being thankful we don't live in some third world shit pit instead of attempting to turn a holiday into some PR campaign- and just leave it at that. WTF.

I suspect even homes that bar political speech at Thanksgiving dinner - generally homes of Democrats, who fear such discussions - will be hard-pressed to enforce the rule this year. I suspect Obama will be one subject of discussion, and it won't be pretty.

WH Suggests Americans Talk About Gun Control As They're 'Sitting Around the Thanksgiving Table'

That conversation around my Thanksgiving table will be rather short. Gun control....use both hands.
practice practice practice

yes, because what's really needed at the holiday family gathering are more hot button topics.

If the NRA was advocating that people discussed gun rights the WH would be mocking the hell out of them- and with good reason.

It's Thanksgiving, how about being thankful we don't live in some third world shit pit instead of attempting to turn a holiday into some PR campaign- and just leave it at that. WTF.
Doh!!!!!!

~groan~ that discussion would devolve into the intricacies of cleaning guns... again...

I'm glad I decided to blow off Thanksgiving this year, not having kids anymore is great! (Okay well I have one still at home, but he's going to his girlfriend's Thanksgiving like the elder ones)

We're celebrating Thanksgiving with our church family by feeding the poor, needy, and people who have no family / no place to go. We're also reaching out to elderly shut ins in our city with a thanksgiving meal and people are volunteering to deliver the food to their homes. It's going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't wait!
It sounds like you are happily self righteous about it too!

Forum List

Back