5 shot at protest

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The family of a black man who was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer has called for supporters protesting the killing to move on to "the next step," after five people were shot near the site of the dayslong demonstration.
No one was seriously injured in the shooting late Monday.
It wasn't immediately clear who was behind the attack. A witness to the shooting, Oluchi Omeoga, reported seeing three strangers wearing masks among the protesters

Since color doesn't matter, I wont mention the race of the perps :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
"Jie Wronski-Riley said angry protesters moved the counter-demonstrators away from the encampment at the police station. Wronski-Riley heard what sounded like firecrackers and thought, “surely they’re not shooting human beings.” Two young black men on either side of him were hit, one in the back and leg, the other in the arm."

So who attacked who?

Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The family of a black man who was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer has called for supporters protesting the killing to move on to "the next step," after five people were shot near the site of the dayslong demonstration.
No one was seriously injured in the shooting late Monday.
It wasn't immediately clear who was behind the attack. A witness to the shooting, Oluchi Omeoga, reported seeing three strangers wearing masks among the protesters

Since color doesn't matter, I wont mention the race of the perps :eusa_shhh:

A witness to the shooting, Oluchi Omeoga, reported seeing three strangers wearing masks among the protesters

Red bandana?

th

crip

Blue bandana?
th

Blood

or an LA King?
th

According to the police and protesters, a group white supremacist have been verbally harassing the protesters since they started their peaceful protest.
From what I understand via my local news on our CBS affiliate, the protesters were asked to move pack from the police precinct they were protesting at. As the protesters were moving away, the shooters started firing.
Here's a link to a video and the story.
Police: 4th Precinct Protest Shooting Leaves 5 Hospitalized; 3 Suspects At Large

According to the police and protesters, a group white supremacist have been verbally harassing the protesters since they started their peaceful protest.
From what I understand via my local news on our CBS affiliate, the protesters were asked to move pack from the police precinct they were protesting at. As the protesters were moving away, the shooters started firing.
Police: 4th Precinct Protest Shooting Leaves 5 Hospitalized; 3 Suspects At Large
That's what the witnesses said. Remember all that bullshit they "saw" with Michael Brown?

That's what the witnesses said. Remember all that bullshit they "saw" with Michael Brown?

Yes, I realize that.
In the case of the shooting of the victim which started the protest, that may be the case. All that is available are a couple of videos that don't show a real clear picture of what happened.
Regarding the shootings at the protest, the police were aware of the white supremacist being their daily harassing the protesters. The police also viewed tapes from security cameras and are now searching for the suspects.

"The police said on Twitter that they were looking for three white male suspects. There had been no arrests early Tuesday. Officials said investigators were still collecting evidence and seeking and interviewing witnesses.
During a telephone call to the precinct, police officers were overheard reviewing surveillance video and describing a masked white man pulling out a firearm, a description that appeared to align with accounts of the shooting that witnesses had given to Ms. Noor. In accounts given on social media and to Ms. Noor, witnesses described the gunmen as three men, two white and one Asian, wearing masks and bulletproof vests."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/minneapolis-shooting-protest-police-jamar-clark.html?_r=0

As to what really went down, right now it appears to be a lot of conjecture.
I will say that Black Lives Matter so far have staged peaceful demonstrations, immediately following the incident that drove the protesters to the police station and previous demonstrations calling attention to their cause.
I'm not sticking up for Black Lives Matter. But the local chapter of BLM and city officials from both Minneapolis and Saint Paul have a quite a bit of dialog about what BLM is looking for regarding the police and their planned protests.. In October they had planned to disrupt the Twin Cities Marathon which attracts runners fro around America and the world, but after speaking with officials, they promised not to disrupt the marathon and they did keep their word.

Peaceful Black Lives Matter Protest Does Not Disrupt Twin Cities Marathon

So what we have now on USMB is conjecture based on people's feelings towards Black Lives Matter. Myself, I'll wait until the facts come out the protest shootings. I'm doing that because of the past cooperation between BLM and city officials and the state governor.

This doesn't surprise me if it was a White Supremes group; prob. went in looking for trouble and found it.

Considering the "chatter" by White Supremacists prior to the shootings, there is an opening to form that opinion.

I personally wouldn't have stuck around for /either/ movement's rally with that kind of shit going on, it's a bit of a "well duh violence erupted" case - clearly some stupid going on in there somewhere.

Eyewitness accounts are always interesting. The way the human brain works is if there are gaps in what they saw, or what they saw was so outrageous, the brain just makes up what it wants to see in the gaps or to replace the outrageous. Very likely the Brown witnesses do think they saw what they reported because that was their preconceived belief.

Eyewitness accounts are always interesting. The way the human brain works is if there are gaps in what they saw, or what they saw was so outrageous, the brain just makes up what it wants to see in the gaps or to replace the outrageous. Very likely the Brown witnesses do think they saw what they reported because that was their preconceived belief.

From the "you cant believe those blacks" files comes another bs reason why black people lie. Nothing a black person experiences is true. Got it.

You'll say I didnt say that.

And I'll ask "What incidents that happened reported by blacks do you believe?"

To which you will call names and deflect to something else about the failure of blacks

I have a solution for all of these blacks that go to these day long protests on a week day.

Get a job. Then you won't have to worry about getting shot at a protest. Become useful in society. Stop being a leech.

Forum List

Back