OCD sucks !!

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
If has so many forms
I am a compulsive checker

Some days I am ocd free ( mostly when I get up early and work ) if I am tired ..then ocd loses

When I sit around my ocd can consume me and engulf me ! I am on meds and I have done the behavior therapy and it is hard work .

Things can really trigger it
I know exactly what to do but I am mentality weak

If has so many forms

Some days I am ocd free ( mostly when I get up early and work ) if I am tired ..then ocd loses

When I sit around my ocd can consume me and engulf me ! I am on meds and I have done the behavior therapy and it is hard work .

Why do you remind me of another guy who used to post here called bluesman61?

I will only give a few examples

When I leave my apartment..I have to hear the lock click, then I push the door in for 3-4 seconds ,then I examine several times that the door is closed !! Very fast unless there are folks outside then it becomes a problem .
The therapist would tell me to immediately lock and close the door and get into your car and leave

This is only one of dozens of things I have to deal with

I also get crazy if I see marks on my computer or tv screens . My ocd thinks it’s scratches even though I know it’s dust and steaks and I have to not check

A final example is my car
I have to push the alarm 4 times then check each door by pulling on the handle to make sure it’s locked another 4-5 times
A simple thing can add on minutes

It’s an illness

Very similar to being addicted to drugs , booze or gambling

Other folks do very different rituals like saying things out loud or to them selves many times

If has so many forms

I am too. I also have to "straighten out" things on my desk or pictures or even things in the bathroom counter. I like things to be orderly and a certain way - not messy or crooked.

If has so many forms

I have OCD. checking and fear of germs. On meds. Did exposure therapy, it was hell but helped a lot. I still check but at least I’m not washing the polyurethane off the furniture any more.

If has so many forms

I have OCD. checking and fear of germs. On meds. Did exposure therapy, it was hell but helped a lot. I still check but at least I’m not washing the polyurethane off the furniture any more.
The therapy is rough
I get ocd on my iPhone
The therapist would tell me to purposely drop it or scratch it
Very hard to do

If has so many forms

I am too. I also have to "straighten out" things on my desk or pictures or even things in the bathroom counter. I like things to be orderly and a certain way - not messy or crooked.
If you don’t then you get a rush of anxiety that can last days

If has so many forms

That’s my sister, she’ll spend an hour straightening a picture. My mother is a hoarder.

If has so many forms

The therapy is rough
I get ocd on my iPhone
Very hard to do
Will your insurance cover the phone if it breaks during therapy?

If it's any assurance- Howard Hughes was OCD- late in his life he refused to leave where he was staying- but, he stayed in really nice places because his OCD made him richer than 6ft up a bulls ass- FWIW-

Let it go- relax. Watch the birds play in the trees- saying you can't means you won't. Can't never could and never will-

If has so many forms

The therapy is rough
I get ocd on my iPhone
Very hard to do
No way !!
I ain’t going to scratch my phone
No way

Sunday I was stuck in ocd mode twice and wasted 90 min

Monday- Wed - no ocd

If has so many forms

The therapy is rough
I get ocd on my iPhone
Very hard to do
No way !!
No way
Well that depends now. If the phone is covered by insurance and a piece of crap, having a little accident might not be a bad thing. Lol

Sunday I was stuck in ocd mode twice and wasted 90 min

Monday- Wed - no ocd
I have it every day in varying degrees. Mostly counting now but I’m able to pull away from the ritual. My sleep is better too.
My is insane checking
It’s been zero the last 5 days but last Sunday it killed me

If has so many forms

The therapy is rough
I get ocd on my iPhone
Very hard to do
No way !!
No way
Well that depends now. If the phone is covered by insurance and a piece of crap, having a little accident might not be a bad thing. Lol
We really have to deal with it like an addiction
Ocd won’t kill you but it will ruin your life

Forum List

Back