Off-duty Harris Co, TX deputy shot, killed while trying to stop suspects from stealing catalytic converter

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — A Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy died after being shot at a grocery store parking lot on Thursday night, according to Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.
The deputy has been identified as 51-year-old Darren Almendarez.
Investigators said he was shot and killed after confronting three suspects who were allegedly caught trying to steal his catalytic converter.

What we know

• This happened at about 8:40 p.m. near the intersection of FM 1960 and Aldine Westfield Road.
  • Deputy Almendarez was grocery shopping with his wife for his sister's birthday celebration.
  • While leaving the grocery store, he saw three suspects attempting to steal his catalytic converter from his vehicle, according to deputies.
  • At least one of the suspects pulled out a gun and that's when Deputy Almendarez pulled out his and a shootout happened, deputies said.
  • Deputy Almendarez was shot.
  • Two of the three suspects were shot.
  • One suspect remains on the run.
Deputy Almendarez, described by Sheriff Gonzalez as a fighter and warrior, was shopping in the grocery store with his wife to prepare for his sister's birthday celebration which was planned for Friday, according to the sheriff.

Off-duty HCSO deputy shot, killed while trying to stop suspects from stealing catalytic converter, sheriff says

The two in the hospital have been charged with capital murder.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — A Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy died after being shot at a grocery store parking lot on Thursday night, according to Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.
The deputy has been identified as 51-year-old Darren Almendarez.
Investigators said he was shot and killed after confronting three suspects who were allegedly caught trying to steal his catalytic converter.

What we know

• This happened at about 8:40 p.m. near the intersection of FM 1960 and Aldine Westfield Road.
  • Deputy Almendarez was grocery shopping with his wife for his sister's birthday celebration.
  • While leaving the grocery store, he saw three suspects attempting to steal his catalytic converter from his vehicle, according to deputies.
  • At least one of the suspects pulled out a gun and that's when Deputy Almendarez pulled out his and a shootout happened, deputies said.
  • Deputy Almendarez was shot.
  • Two of the three suspects were shot.
  • One suspect remains on the run.
Deputy Almendarez, described by Sheriff Gonzalez as a fighter and warrior, was shopping in the grocery store with his wife to prepare for his sister's birthday celebration which was planned for Friday, according to the sheriff.

Off-duty HCSO deputy shot, killed while trying to stop suspects from stealing catalytic converter, sheriff says

The two in the hospital have been charged with capital murder.
This cat stealing crap is happening all over the US. Do a search on the stories. Civilians and cops shooting thieves and thieves shooting back.

C'mon man. Just hold up an auto parts store and demand all the catalytic converters.
BTW. They're as effective as masking your ass

My dealer tried to sell me anti theft devices at $400 bucks a pop.
My Tundra has four of them so I told them no thanks my truck stays in the garage and is rarely left unattended for very long.

The catalytic convertor thief could have just taken the damn thing and a man would still be alive, you can always buy another converter.
Wow! I like your dumbass outlook on theft. I will be right over but to save me some time and effort, would you remove your cat and just leave it on the doorstep. All us thieves thank you for your mindless liberal viewpoint.

Wow! I like your dumbass outlook on theft. I will be right over but to save me some time and effort, would you remove your cat and just leave it on the doorstep. All us thieves thank you for your mindless liberal viewpoint.
You think a catalytic convertor is worth more than a man be my guest and die for yours.

Is there a limit to your liberalism? Is it just petty crime you accept? What are your thoughts when it comes to your wife, girl, or boyfriend being attacked?
They are usually worth more than a catalytic converter. You may die defending your catalytic converter no one is stopping you.

Stealing a catalytic converter is a lot of hard work.
Why not just get a job.
BTW, a catalytic converter is not worth being sentenced to death for.
Troglocrats are dumb.

That area of Houston used to be upscale, but it has been swallowed up by the backwards primitive "Progressive" culture.

How much can a used catalytic converter be worth to make worth the effort?

Forum List

Back