🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Okay...Am I just not "Progressive" enough?

Rdean is a classic example of someone who says it is racism when a black man and a white man have an argument......not even caring who started it.

If you argue with a black man for any reason and you are white, it is racially motivated.

Makes me sick.
Ummm...you kinda lost me there. I don't know who this RDean person is...

And this is important enough to get butt hurt over? Because fictional black kids on a poster weren't called "cool"? Really??? And they wonder why conservatives call progressives reactionary, and petty...

No, probably not butt hurt and I don't think there is much of a reason to get bent out of shape about the poster but I can also understand if black people don't feel like getting over it and want them to change it.
Okay. So, at what point do we stop looking for reasons to be pissed off for any, and every perceived slight?

JTIknSz.jpg

I'm not pissed off.
I wasn't referring to you. You seem to be defending the reaction of the person in the OP, thjough. So, I am forced to wonder, at what point do we tell these people, get over yourself, your being butt hurt just for the sake of being butt hurt.

I know, we're cool. Actually I edited my post I think after you replied, here is the entirety of it:

I'm not pissed off.

The poster is a little odd in it's characterizations though so I can understand, or at least emphasize with people who maybe don't like to be portrayed as breaking all the rules as compared to others. That's all, I can see their point.

What I think is off putting is when people simply don't try to understand something that others feel that may not impact them directly. This poster thing is being blown up by the right who piss themselves over thinking their rights are being taken away just as much by black people who may find the poster offensive. Why is that? Why does it just happen to be the same people who get bummed because there is no socially acceptable group called the NAAWP?

Everybody gets butt hurt about race, it just so happens the racists are usually on the wrong side.

I have to say, if I were black, I probably would take issue with the poster. Not necessarily flip out, but I wouldn't want to see it at my local watering hole.
And, were I black, I think I would perceive that there are much more pressing racial matters at hand than whether or not the ratio of "fictional black kids" was being properly represented on a stupid pool safety poster.

Rdean is a classic example of someone who says it is racism when a black man and a white man have an argument......not even caring who started it.

If you argue with a black man for any reason and you are white, it is racially motivated.

Makes me sick.
Ummm...you kinda lost me there. I don't know who this RDean person is...
rdean is a poster on here. He (she) is very sensitive racially. I assume he (she) is black. Everything revolves around race with him (her). There is rarely a word said by a GOP politician that does not have racial motivation to it in his (her) eyes. That is why I never go in his (her) threads.

No, probably not butt hurt and I don't think there is much of a reason to get bent out of shape about the poster but I can also understand if black people don't feel like getting over it and want them to change it.
Okay. So, at what point do we stop looking for reasons to be pissed off for any, and every perceived slight?

JTIknSz.jpg

I'm not pissed off.
I wasn't referring to you. You seem to be defending the reaction of the person in the OP, thjough. So, I am forced to wonder, at what point do we tell these people, get over yourself, your being butt hurt just for the sake of being butt hurt.

I know, we're cool. Actually I edited my post I think after you replied, here is the entirety of it:

I'm not pissed off.

The poster is a little odd in it's characterizations though so I can understand, or at least emphasize with people who maybe don't like to be portrayed as breaking all the rules as compared to others. That's all, I can see their point.

What I think is off putting is when people simply don't try to understand something that others feel that may not impact them directly. This poster thing is being blown up by the right who piss themselves over thinking their rights are being taken away just as much by black people who may find the poster offensive. Why is that? Why does it just happen to be the same people who get bummed because there is no socially acceptable group called the NAAWP?

Everybody gets butt hurt about race, it just so happens the racists are usually on the wrong side.

I have to say, if I were black, I probably would take issue with the poster. Not necessarily flip out, but I wouldn't want to see it at my local watering hole.
And, were I black, I think I would perceive that there are much more pressing racial matters at hand than whether or not the ratio of "fictional black kids" was being properly represented on a stupid pool safety poster.

I agree, probably everybody would agree with you that there are more pressing issues. Which is why in a week this won't matter, nobody will remember, it's just one more item to throw on the bonfire. I'm more concerned about excessive jailtimes and inequal justice for blacks, educational opportunities, hell, even just having a name that sounds black on your resume can work against you.

You're right, it's just a poster, I would imagine the creator of the poster didn't have any bad intentions, but there they are, young black kids breaking the rules while the whites are not. It's not like all things being equal that stereotype doesn't exit, right? If I were black, I'd take issue with it, because this type of message often times louder than a safety poster is sent to them everyday, why shouldn't they just let it slide?

JTIknSz.jpg

I'm not pissed off.

I'm not pissed off.

well.....actually...in the case of the ad.....it can be somewhat insulting to a black mother who has bent over backwards to teach her children the proper way to act.

However...I do not know if you recall.....a few months back there was an ad for Target or Walmart...or maybe it was Bloomingdales....

It was a picture of a few teens....all different races.....standing at ease...and one white teen was leaning on the black teens shoulder.

There was outrage....it implied the black teen was subordinate to the white teen. They were forced to pull the ad.

The irony?

At the same time, there was a similar ad with the black teen leaning on the shoulder of the white teen....by the same retailer.

No outrage. No threat of boycott. Ad still running.

JTIknSz.jpg

I'm not pissed off.

I'm not pissed off.

well.....actually...in the case of the ad.....it can be somewhat insulting to a black mother who has bent over backwards to teach her children the proper way to act.

However...I do not know if you recall.....a few months back there was an ad for Target or Walmart...or maybe it was Bloomingdales....

It was a picture of a few teens....all different races.....standing at ease...and one white teen was leaning on the black teens shoulder.

There was outrage....it implied the black teen was subordinate to the white teen. They were forced to pull the ad.

The irony?

At the same time, there was a similar ad with the black teen leaning on the shoulder of the white teen....by the same retailer.

And see/ i see this stupid shit happen all the time - both with racism, and with sexism.

You guys remember the pop song that came out a few months ago...i don't know...maybe it was last year...and everyone thought it was the greatest funniest fucking song ever. It was called "X's and O's" The very first time I heard that song, and listened to the actual lyrics, I so wanted some male pop star to do a cover of that song, and see how funny the women all over the place would have found it, then.

I am sooo sick of this whole mentality of "left going right? That's okay. Right going left?!?! Oh, hell no! let's loose our shit!!!"

It's the same. Fucking. Thing you morons!!!!!

So, I found this story on Facebook, which, in turn, led me to a Washington Post story. Chick saw this picture at a public pool (2, actually):

imrs.php

And, apparently, lost her shit.

“I saw this one, and I just kept thinking, ‘It looks like they’re trying to do something here that shows all kids together of all different backgrounds, but they’re clearly not hitting the mark,’” she said.

Not only were the poster’s designers not hitting the mark, Sawyer thought, they had created an image that was racist. Sawyer complained to a lifeguard at the first facility and penned a letter to management asking for the poster’s removal, she told KUSA.

After seeing the poster a second time, she posted an image of it online.

“I felt really angry,” she said.

The poster — titled “Be Cool, Follow The Rules” — depicts various children playing at the pool. But white children are labeled as behaving in a “cool” way while children of color who are depicted defying pool rules are labeled “not cool.”

KUSA discovered that the poster was from a safe-swimming campaign in 2014.​

Okay, look. There is clearly a white kid carry a soda labelled "Not Cool", and another one running who is "Not Cool". Now, if you count up all of the cools, and not cools, are they perfectly matched? No. But, guess what? There are seven activities being displayed. Its not gonna be even!

Look. I'm just as sensitive to racism as the next Progressive, but come on!!! Really?!?! You guys don't think this is maybe just a little butt hurt looking for an excuse to be butt hurt?

Just another regressive looking for a reason to be offended. If you look at the folks labeled as uncool they are running, diving before the area is clear, carrying glass a glass bottle, pushing others in the pool, all considered unacceptable activities at a pool. It's the activities being pointed out, not the people.

I'm not pissed off.

I'm not pissed off.

The irony?

And see/ i see this stupid shit happen all the time - both with racism, and with sexism.

You guys remember the pop song that came out a few months ago...i don't know...maybe it was last year...and everyone thought it was the greatest funniest fucking song ever. It was called "X's and O's" The very first time I heard that song, and listened to the actual lyrics, I so wanted some male pop star to do a cover of that song, and see how funny the women all over the place would have found it, then.
I have been a conservative for the better part of the last 40 years. My family knows it, my friends know it. Not so much in what I believe ideologically, but how I live my life. They laugh at how I blamed ONLY MYSELF for the losses I took in the market. After all, I wanted my money to make money for me, so if I lost its my fault. They never hear me blame anyone for anything that happens to me. It is a standing joke in my family and around my friends.

Why do I tell you this?

Back in 2007, when my sister (and a bunch of others over a few days) asked if I was voting for Obama, I said no.

Her response (and others).....?

You wont vote for him because he is black.

Apparently, a conservative wont vote for a liberal black candidate with the democratic party ONLY Because he is black.

So, I found this story on Facebook, which, in turn, led me to a Washington Post story. Chick saw this picture at a public pool (2, actually):

imrs.php

“I saw this one, and I just kept thinking, ‘It looks like they’re trying to do something here that shows all kids together of all different backgrounds, but they’re clearly not hitting the mark,’” she said.

Not only were the poster’s designers not hitting the mark, Sawyer thought, they had created an image that was racist. Sawyer complained to a lifeguard at the first facility and penned a letter to management asking for the poster’s removal, she told KUSA.

The poster — titled “Be Cool, Follow The Rules” — depicts various children playing at the pool. But white children are labeled as behaving in a “cool” way while children of color who are depicted defying pool rules are labeled “not cool.”

Okay, look. There is clearly a white kid carry a soda labelled "Not Cool", and another one running who is "Not Cool". Now, if you count up all of the cools, and not cools, are they perfectly matched? No. But, guess what? There are seven activities being displayed. Its not gonna be even!

Look. I'm just as sensitive to racism as the next Progressive, but come on!!! Really?!?! You guys don't think this is maybe just a little butt hurt looking for an excuse to be butt hurt?

Just another regressive looking for a reason to be offended. If you look at the folks labeled as uncool they are running, diving before the area is clear, carrying glass a glass bottle, pushing others in the pool, all considered unacceptable activities at a pool. It's the activities being pointed out, not the people.
well...yeah....but they opted to paint the ones performing the wrong activities as black.

It is very lopsided...you cant deny that.

Really? This is what people have to discuss? The opinion of one lady?

Well Miss Jameson says that Apple pies are the best pies :rolleyes:

I'm not pissed off.

The irony?

I have been a conservative for the better part of the last 40 years. My family knows it, my friends know it. Not so much in what I believe ideologically, but how I live my life. They laugh at how I blamed ONLY MYSELF for the losses I took in the market. After all, I wanted my money to make money for me, so if I lost its my fault. They never hear me blame anyone for anything that happens to me. It is a standing joke in my family and around my friends.

Why do I tell you this?

Back in 2007, when my sister (and a bunch of others over a few days) asked if I was voting for Obama, I said no.

Apparently, a conservative wont vote for a liberal black candidate with the democratic party ONLY Because he is black.
I remember when that was the thing going around. I'm a progressive, and I thought that was stupid. Is there a single thing in Obama's agenda that you agree with?

imrs.php

well...yeah....but they opted to paint the ones performing the wrong activities as black.

It's a fucking poster. I rather doubt that there was even anyone who had the thought, "Hmmm...are we showing too many black kids breaking the rules?" Because, of course, that's such an important component to pool safety...

I mean, Hell. While you're at it, the poster was clearly sexist. did you notice that only one of the kids breaking the rules was female?!?!

What are they trying to say? only boys break the rules?

You see how ridiculous that sounds?

Really? This is what people have to discuss? The opinion of one lady?

Well Miss Jameson says that Apple pies are the best pies :rolleyes:
I was rather trying to use it as an example of a larger possible issue, but okay. Can you get me her recipes?

I'm not pissed off.

The irony?

Why do I tell you this?

I remember when that was the thing going around. I'm a progressive, and I thought that was stupid. Is there a single thing in Obama's agenda that you agree with?
Very little.

I grew up in a very progressive family. I was very much like they were.

Then I lost my job. And I blamed everyone but myself. And I struggled. So someone sat me down and told me the virtues of personal responsibility. How my "blaming" would not allow me to learn. How my "expecting others to help me out" will take drive away from me.

5 years later I sold my first company.

So no. I agree with very little of what Obama believes in. He believes we all need help. He believes people will keep us down. He has very little faith in an individual.

I am proof his ideology is incorrect.

imrs.php

It's a fucking poster. I rather doubt that there was even anyone who had the thought, "Hmmm...are we showing too many black kids breaking the rules?" Because, of course, that's such an important component to pool safety...

I mean, Hell. While you're at it, the poster was clearly sexist. did you notice that only one of the kids breaking the rules was female?!?!

You're assuming regressives use common sense, big mistake.

imrs.php

I think the point they were making was having colored kids in a public pool is....Not Cool

imrs.php

well...actually.....boys are more likely to break the rules than girls.

But true...it is a fucking poster.

Imagine if NONE of the kids were black in the poster? Imagine the outrage? Or no girls in the poster?

imrs.php

I think the point they were making was having colored kids in a public pool is....Not Cool
it isn't cool. They cant swim. Its a body structure kinda thing.

They should hang out by the fire hydrants on the hot days.

You agree?

:)

The irony?

Why do I tell you this?

Very little.
Precisely. When a conservative doesn't vote for a Progressive, race, or gender is rarely the first thing I think of.

Although I might submit that Hillary might be a better choice than your "conservative" (and I use that term loosely) alternative in this election. just sayin...

Forum List

Back