Oldie But Goodie

Whew! I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit on a plane next to an insufferable pedant like yourself.

You prefer sitting next to racist people?

If you are a Muslim you either ARE racist or your family and friends are racists.

Or both.

And you are a racist Mormon in magic underwear?
Worse. He is a oreo that thinks racism is justified.

Wow.

"...their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white and a delight-some people."

In 1981, to become socially acceptable, the Mormons decided to change the word "white" to "pure."

Why, just because he is black?

You realize that you just delivered the justification for such an ad, right?

Knowing your attitude, I sure wouldn't want to sit next to you on a plane, you racist fuckwad.
Whew! I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit on a plane next to an insufferable pedant like yourself.

If you are a Muslim you either ARE racist or your family and friends are racists.

Or both.

I do not believe that every Mormon is a racist. I do believe that there is a lot of racism in the religion, and the church itself has had to do some cover-up.

Or both.

I do not believe that every Mormon is a racist. I do believe that there is a lot of racism in the religion, and the church itself has had to do some cover-up.
For sure. I know Mark Madsen who is a devout Mormon. He doesn't seem to have a racist bone in his body.

Or both.

For sure. I know Mark Madsen who is a devout Mormon. He doesn't seem to have a racist bone in his body.

Gladys Knight is a Mormon, and as far as I know, she's not racist. I don't understand why she would join a church with such a racist past.

Or both.

Gladys Knight is a Mormon, and as far as I know, she's not racist. I don't understand why she would join a church with such a racist past.
I never knew that!

Just like I thought, she is being a pioneer. Much like some Black republicans.

LDS Living - How Gladys Knight Became a Mormon

However, being a black Southern convert had its challenges, especially when it came to Church culture. “We were the only African American people in our ward for years,” Gladys says. “The culture has been so European for so long, the music reflects it, the way Mormons react to things is very reserved. African Americans need fire in our bones—music that puts us on our feet or on our knees. To transform to the European way is one of the greatest obstacles to coming to this church.” But, she says, “I feel like I am in the right place and I’m loving it.”

I never knew that!

However, being a black Southern convert had its challenges, especially when it came to Church culture. “We were the only African American people in our ward for years,” Gladys says. “The culture has been so European for so long, the music reflects it, the way Mormons react to things is very reserved. African Americans need fire in our bones—music that puts us on our feet or on our knees. To transform to the European way is one of the greatest obstacles to coming to this church.” But, she says, “I feel like I am in the right place and I’m loving it.”

I don't understand the Republican thing either. LOL!

I never knew that!

From my discussions with black republicans I find 3 main themes.

1. Historically the Republican party was the party that more often helped Blacks. The desire to change the current path of the Republicans

2. Cognitive dissonance. "I made it so every other Black person without the benefit of my experiences can make it too." These people feel accepted by the mainstream until a cop pulls them over for nothing or someone scrawls the n word on their door.

3. Completely disassociated with being Black. These people have been so harmed and mentally messed up by racism that they think they are white. They secretly hate themselves and try to distance themselves from their genes as much as possible. These are the type of Black people that will run through a wall to be with white people in the hope that being in their presence will rub off.

I only associate with the ones in category #1.

I never knew that!

From my discussions with black republicans I find 3 main themes.

1. Historically the Republican party was the party that more often helped Blacks. The desire to change the current path of the Republicans

2. Cognitive dissonance. "I made it so every other Black person without the benefit of my experiences can make it too." These people feel accepted by the mainstream until a cop pulls them over for nothing or someone scrawls the n word on their door.

3. Completely disassociated with being Black. These people have been so harmed and mentally messed up by racism that they think they are white. They secretly hate themselves and try to distance themselves from their genes as much as possible. These are the type of Black people that will run through a wall to be with white people in the hope that being in their presence will rub off.

I only associate with the ones in category #1.

That's an interesting take. I can't understand why anyone would want to be a Republican, white or black, unless you've got enough money to hide in overseas accounts. Then it makes sense.

Forum List

Back