Olympic Flag Carrier Determined by Coin Toss

The coin toss wasn't a racial issue. Maybe Davis just thought he was the better choice.

Shani Davis Says USA 'Dishonorably Tossed a Coin to Decide Its 2018 Flag Bearer'

Why is this dishonorable? The story says it is custom to toss a coin in the event of tie. Both athletes were worthy.

I think his point was that given his doing something no one had ever done in his sport, it shouldn't have come down to a coin toss.

The vote was split 4-4, the procedure has always been to settle any ties with a coin toss.

What's your alternative solution?

Shani Davis Says USA 'Dishonorably Tossed a Coin to Decide Its 2018 Flag Bearer'

Why is this dishonorable? The story says it is custom to toss a coin in the event of tie. Both athletes were worthy.

I think his point was that given his doing something no one had ever done in his sport, it shouldn't have come down to a coin toss.

The vote was split 4-4, the procedure has always been to settle any ties with a coin toss.

What's your alternative solution?
Black = win

Duh...

The coin toss wasn't a racial issue.

#BlackHistoryMonth2018...nah he didn't figure race into it at all.
I noticed that as well.
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

You've got to have your race in the hole. The little secret that everybody knows.

"It's not the first time Davis has been part of an Olympic controversy.

In 2006, Davis — the first African-American to win an individual gold medal at a Winter Games — decided not to take part in the team pursuit at the Turin Games and raised the ire of teammate Chad Hedrick. Their animosity toward one another was obvious at a news conference, when Hedrick brought up the team pursuit and Davis stormed out of the room."

Tweet from speedskater's account rips flagbearer coin toss

First off, the flag bearers are chosen by a vote of the team captains of each sport. A coin toss only happens if there is a tie, so his complaint makes no sense.

First off, the flag bearers are chosen by a vote of the team captains of each sport. A coin toss only happens if there is a tie, so his complaint makes no sense.

apparently not, since there was a 4-4 deadlock as stated in the article.

apparently not, since there was a 4-4 deadlock as stated in the article.

Yes, and as I just said, if there's a tie they flip a coin. So what is your and his problem ?

Forum List

Back