One God.

Well who is your God, just Jesus, who impregnated the Virgin Mary?
She didn't have sex. That's why she was a virgin.

Do you understand that God is able to manipulate her chromosomes to cause an egg to begin to multiply without a male donor?

I understand you want to believe the Holy Spirit is a PERSON. Its is NOT. It is a FORCE, a POWER, like wind or electricity. It is NOT a Being.

12 Reasons Why the Holy Spirit Is Not a Person (1/3)

Last edited:
Because ‘god’ is a creation of man it exists however each individual sees fit: there can be one ‘god’ or many ‘gods’; the notion that there is an ‘incorrect’ perception of ‘god’ is ridiculous and wrong.

Because ‘god’ is a creation of man it exists however each individual sees fit
It's fine that you want to believe that, but this is a discussion among those that believe WE are a creation of God, not the other way around.

It is a discussion among BELIEVERS understanding the nature of God.

Your views belong in another thread.

One small correction. By definition *all* Christians believe in the Trinity.
No they don't. Catholics and their Protestant daughters do, but others who don't have roots in the Catholic cult reject the pagan trinity.

Ruthenians, eastern Orthodox, oriental Orthodox, Copts, Tewahedo Copts, Maronites, Arminians, Nestorians, Chaldeans, Syriac...churches that never owed allegiance to Rome...all are Trinitarian. By definition all Christians ate Trinitarian.
There are some groups formed lately, small cults, that have left Christianity and abandoned Trinitarianian. Like oneness Pentecostals, Jehovahs witnesses, christadelphians and other small cults. But they are all very late forming. Not one, save the Unitarians, can trace a belief back three hundred years.
They are about .004% compared to Christianity.
But we all know the cardinal principle of liberal thinking is “the exception always negates the rule “.

Last edited:
All have....no matter where they got it from. By definition. You don’t have to be a Christian if you don’t accept
ALL....

DO NOT accept the trinity.

I do not.

25 million members of the 7th Day Adventists do not (I am not a member of that church).

8 million Jehovah's Witnesses reject the pagan trinity.

15 million Mormons reject the trinity.

I could go on, but that proves ......

ALL christians DO NOT accept your pagan shit.

All have....no matter where they got it from. By definition. You don’t have to be a Christian if you don’t accept
ALL....

DO NOT accept the trinity.

I do not.

25 million members of the 7th Day Adventists do not (I am not a member of that church).

8 million Jehovah's Witnesses reject the pagan trinity.

15 million Mormons reject the trinity.

I could go on, but that proves ......

ALL christians DO NOT accept your pagan shit.

As I said....04% don’t. Max. They are post Christian cults. When you have a group who agree 99.96% on something consider it settled for that group.

By definition all Christians ate TrinitArian.
Sorry, no.

ALL Christians haven't adopted the pagan trinity. The cult originating with Simon Magus (Catholicism) acquired that belief from paganism.

The Surprising Origins of the Trinity Doctrine
Christians believed in the Trinity long before the Catholic Church was a gleam in Constantine's eye. The Trinity is unique to Christianity. While some pagan gods bear a superficial resemblance, NONE OF THEM ARE THREE IN ONE!

Last edited:
Sorry, no.

ALL Christians haven't adopted the pagan trinity. The cult originating with Simon Magus (Catholicism) acquired that belief from paganism.

You can keep babbling about Roman Catholics if you like. But non trinitarianism is exclusive to Roman Catholic derived, that is western, heretics. You don’t find Unitarianism in the Eastern, or Indian, or Armenian, or the ancient Syriac or Coptic or Assyrian or Absynian churches.
You know...the ones who were never under Roman Catholic dominion. They are exclusively Trinitarian.
Funny that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were similarities between faiths that were based on men seeking God and faiths that were based upon God seeking men. Much can be learned about God from men seeking God, but not as much that can be learned by faiths based upon God seeking man.

Because ‘god’ is a creation of man it exists however each individual sees fit: there can be one ‘god’ or many ‘gods’; the notion that there is an ‘incorrect’ perception of ‘god’ is ridiculous and wrong.
No. The rules which existed before space and time predestined intelligence. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.

Sorry, no.

You can keep babbling about Roman Catholics if you like. But non trinitarianism is exclusive to Roman Catholic derived, that is western, heretics. You don’t find Unitarianism in the Eastern, or Indian, or Armenian, or the ancient Syriac or Coptic or Assyrian or Absynian churches.
You know...the ones who were never under Roman Catholic dominion. They are exclusively Trinitarian.
Funny that.

Religion, like politics, sometimes stirs the worst kinds of passions in us. But I hope those Christians posting here will not give in to their irritation or anger with those who believe differently so that personal insults take over the discussion.

As for the Roman Catholics, their doctrinal claim spanning millenia is that they trace their origin back to the Apostle Peter, the disciple upon which Jesus said he would build his Church, and therefore he (Peter) was the first pope.

And the Catholic catechisms definitely include teaching of the Trinity.
The mystery of the Holy Trinity is the most fundamental of our faith. On it everything else depends and from it everything else derives. Hence the Churchs constant concern to safeguard the revealed truth that God is One in nature and Three in Persons.​
Catholic Doctrine on the Holy Trinity

The catechism on the Trinity:
The Trinity – Catechism of the Catholic Church :: Catholic News Agency

And no, I am not nor have I ever been Roman Catholic.

In teaching the History of the Christian Church and the development of Christian thought, however, quite a bit of time is spent on the various concepts of the Trinity and some of the worst and most destructive church fights in history have been over that single issue.

Sorry, no.

Funny that.

Religion, like politics, sometimes stirs the worst kinds of passions in us. But I hope those Christians posting here will not give in to their irritation or anger with those who believe differently so that personal insults take over the discussion.

As for the Roman Catholics, their doctrinal claim spanning millenia is that they trace their origin back to the Apostle Peter, the disciple upon which Jesus said he would build his Church, and therefore he (Peter) was the first pope.

The mystery of the Holy Trinity is the most fundamental of our faith. On it everything else depends and from it everything else derives. Hence the Churchs constant concern to safeguard the revealed truth that God is One in nature and Three in Persons.​

The Trinity is one of the few things the Catholic Church got right. BTW, Peter was not the first Pope. That is based on the misinterpretation of a single verse of Scripture. Something about a rock. If you read it in the original language, the word rock, used for Peter, was a pebble or small stone. The Rock that Jesus would build His Church on was Peters admission that Jesus was the son of God. The word used there means a large boulder. Also, Catholics claim that the Pope is infallible. Peter was not. In fact, the Apostle Paul had to correct him on a few things. There is also the fact that Peter never went to Rome, where the Catholic Church supposedly ruled from.

Sorry, no.

Funny that.

The Trinity is one of the few things the Catholic Church got right. BTW, Peter was not the first Pope. That is based on the misinterpretation of a single verse of Scripture. Something about a rock. If you read it in the original language, the word rock, used for Peter, was a pebble or small stone. The Rock that Jesus would build His Church on was Peters admission that Jesus was the son of God. The word used there means a large boulder. Also, Catholics claim that the Pope is infallible. Peter was not. In fact, the Apostle Paul had to correct him on a few things. There is also the fact that Peter never went to Rome, where the Catholic Church supposedly ruled from.
EDIT: Catholics also claim that there is an unbroken succession of Popes, starting with Peter. I guess they missed that little time period when there were two Popes. Both claiming to be the true Pope. I believe a war was fought over that, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, no.

Funny that.

I don't think there is anything in the Catholic catechism to suggest a literal pebble, stone, or rock. But it is integral to the Catholic doctrine that Peter was the foundation upon which Christ would build his Church, ergo their teaching of Peter as the first pope. That belief harms nobody who doesn't share it, or who doesn't accept popes as being necessary to the Church or of any higher authority than anybody else.

Protestantism was born out of rejection of Roman Catholic legalistic doctrines/requirements that some, including a renegade priest Martin Luther, rejected. And because all could not accept the doctrinal teachings of Luther or Calvin or Swingli or any of the other fathers of the Reformation, faction after faction has broken away, every single one intending to establish a more 'pure' church representing the teachings of Jesus. And then almost all developed their own scriptural interpretations and canons and dogmas out of the belief that such was what keeps the Church true to God's Word until some could no longer swallow that and broke away again.

So we now have thousands of different denominations, each believing itself to be the 'best' or most 'pure' representation of Christianity ranging from the flat Earthers to the ones dangling folks over the pit to the socially minded--the strictest of the strict doctrinally all the way to forms of Universalism in which nobody is expected to believe much of anything. Some believe themselves to be the ONLY representation of Christianity.

And ultimately it all boils down to Jesus the Christ and Him crucified and resurrected and our relationship with Him. And as long as we are true to Him, I honestly don't think he cares all that much about our theology.

So we now have thousands of different denominations, each believing itself to be the 'best' or most 'pure' representation of Christianity r
Catholics and the deceived world believe that church originated with the apostle Peter. It did not. Simon Magus, whom Peter cursed, is the father of that church.

Christ's LITTLE FLOCK has always been there along side that counterfeit
SIMON MAGUS and the Origins of the Catholic Church!

Sorry, no.

Funny that.

I don't think there is anything in the Catholic catechism to suggest a literal pebble, stone, or rock. But it is integral to the Catholic doctrine that Peter was the foundation upon which Christ would build his Church, ergo their teaching of Peter as the first pope. That belief harms nobody who doesn't share it, or who doesn't accept popes as being necessary to the Church or of any higher authority than anybody else.

Protestantism was born out of rejection of Roman Catholic legalistic doctrines/requirements that some, including a renegade priest Martin Luther, rejected. And because all could not accept the doctrinal teachings of Luther or Calvin or Swingli or any of the other fathers of the Reformation, faction after faction has broken away, every single one intending to establish a more 'pure' church representing the teachings of Jesus. And then almost all developed their own scriptural interpretations and canons and dogmas out of the belief that such was what keeps the Church true to God's Word until some could no longer swallow that and broke away again.

So we now have thousands of different denominations, each believing itself to be the 'best' or most 'pure' representation of Christianity ranging from the flat Earthers to the ones dangling folks over the pit to the socially minded--the strictest of the strict doctrinally all the way to forms of Universalism in which nobody is expected to believe much of anything. Some believe themselves to be the ONLY representation of Christianity.

And ultimately it all boils down to Jesus the Christ and Him crucified and resurrected and our relationship with Him. And as long as we are true to Him, I honestly don't think he cares all that much about our theology.
I keep hearing people mentioning these 'thousands' of different Christian denominations. It's not nearly as bad as they make it out to be. The vast majority of them agree on the core doctrines on the New Testament. The differences are mostly minor, or completely inconsequential. Like someone debating what color Christ's eyes were. Silly stuff like that.

Sorry, no.

Funny that.

In teaching the History of the Christian Church and the development of Christian thought, however, quite a bit of time is spent on the various concepts of the Trinity and some of the worst and most destructive church fights in history have been over that single issue.

The creeds of the undivided church unite us all. They are what God gave us before division caused so much trouble. And one of the bedrock, unique, universal beliefs of the Christian Church is the Trinity.
Maybe I agree we should be cReful fighting over it. But that doesn’t mean surrendering important beliefs. The Church defined itself in opposition to heresies since its birth. In confronting and opposing wrong belief we hammered out right belief.
And Christianity is a religion of orthodoxy more so than orthoplaxy.
But also be aware that this argument is not about belief. Some jackass is trying to tell me not that the Trinity is wrong, which doesn’t aggravate me, but that the Trinity isn’t a Christian belief. Inexcusable.

Forum List

Back