One God.

If you are going to quote me, please quote what I post in context. You didn't even quote the whole sentence.
My apologies, your meaning was that the above claim is false.

Apology accepted. Context is everything. For clarification, my opinion in context is that we logically know that a flood that wiped out all humankind and all creatures on Earth other than those aboard the Ark most likely just didn't happen. But it could have appeared so to those on the Ark though I personally take that Biblical story as a metaphorical allegory within the larger O.T. continuing motif of creation, sin, judgment, redemption. And I have no problem with those who take the story literally as I still feel that God isn't all that impressed with our theology no matter what it is, but does put a great deal of importance on our relationship with Him and each other.

So I counsel any who have problem with my theological position on the Bible to go with their gut and the belief that gives them the best comfort and encouragement.
The only thing that really matters is that one knows Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. It is OK to have doubts about something like the flood. Well, not OK, but at least understandable. Christians believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God. That includes Genesis. But as long as someone acknowledges that they are a sinner, asks God to forgive them, and asks Jesus to be Lord of their life, the rest doesn't really matter. Does it?

I am Christian and I believe the Bible to be the fallible word of God as seen through those who wrote and copied the manuscripts. Thus I have to allow for the Bible to include the history, law, parable, metaphor, symbolism, allegory, poetry, wisdom sayings, prophecy et al that it does and that neither they nor we are expected to take everything literally.

For example there is no way to be scientifically educated and believe that God created the heaven and Earth, light, day and night, on the first day, water and sky the second day, vegetation on the third day, and then the sun, moon, and stars on the fourth day.

Now we can strain to make that literally fit somewhere by adding a lot of human invention that is found nowhere in that narrative in order to make that work. But of course the man of faith can say if that's the way God wanted to do it, that's the way God did it. I believe God honors that.

Or we can believe that Genesis 1 was written by men of deep faith who were making a theological statement that everything that exists in the universe God did along with a theological justification for keeping the Sabbath Day holy. And I believe God honors that too.

And I love fellow Christians regardless of how they see the Bible unless they use the Bible to do harm and/or hurt people. (Think Westboro Baptists.) I can't sit back and justify that.
So, You're calling Jesus a liar?
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"

I don't disagree with Jesus at all on that. Over the years I have probably used scripture for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness in preaching, teaching class, writing, etc. He didn't say it has to be taken 100% literally in order to use it though did he. He himself taught with parables.

My apologies, your meaning was that the above claim is false.

Apology accepted. Context is everything. For clarification, my opinion in context is that we logically know that a flood that wiped out all humankind and all creatures on Earth other than those aboard the Ark most likely just didn't happen. But it could have appeared so to those on the Ark though I personally take that Biblical story as a metaphorical allegory within the larger O.T. continuing motif of creation, sin, judgment, redemption. And I have no problem with those who take the story literally as I still feel that God isn't all that impressed with our theology no matter what it is, but does put a great deal of importance on our relationship with Him and each other.

So I counsel any who have problem with my theological position on the Bible to go with their gut and the belief that gives them the best comfort and encouragement.
The only thing that really matters is that one knows Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. It is OK to have doubts about something like the flood. Well, not OK, but at least understandable. Christians believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God. That includes Genesis. But as long as someone acknowledges that they are a sinner, asks God to forgive them, and asks Jesus to be Lord of their life, the rest doesn't really matter. Does it?

I am Christian and I believe the Bible to be the fallible word of God as seen through those who wrote and copied the manuscripts. Thus I have to allow for the Bible to include the history, law, parable, metaphor, symbolism, allegory, poetry, wisdom sayings, prophecy et al that it does and that neither they nor we are expected to take everything literally.

For example there is no way to be scientifically educated and believe that God created the heaven and Earth, light, day and night, on the first day, water and sky the second day, vegetation on the third day, and then the sun, moon, and stars on the fourth day.

Now we can strain to make that literally fit somewhere by adding a lot of human invention that is found nowhere in that narrative in order to make that work. But of course the man of faith can say if that's the way God wanted to do it, that's the way God did it. I believe God honors that.

Or we can believe that Genesis 1 was written by men of deep faith who were making a theological statement that everything that exists in the universe God did along with a theological justification for keeping the Sabbath Day holy. And I believe God honors that too.

And I love fellow Christians regardless of how they see the Bible unless they use the Bible to do harm and/or hurt people. (Think Westboro Baptists.) I can't sit back and justify that.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"

I don't disagree with Jesus at all on that. Over the years I have probably used scripture for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness in preaching, teaching class, writing, etc. He didn't say it has to be taken 100% literally in order to use it though did he. He himself taught with parables.
Your problem is that you can use that viewpoint to dismiss anything in Scripture that you don't understand, or disagree with. There are parables in the Bible, but they are obvious. There is nothing that suggests the Creation account should be taken as a parable or anything else. It is a factual account of how God created the universe. If you do not believe that, then you are calling God a liar.

There seems to be a lot of confusion, not to mention some wilful ignorance about the nature of God.

Many Christians believe in the Trinity and that Jesus was God incarnate.

Some even point to the Trinity and state that Christians worship three Gods.

Nothing could be further from the truth. For example, look at a chicken egg. It has three separate parts. The yolk, the egg white, and the shell. So, which one of those parts is NOT the egg. They all are.

It's the same with God. One God, three persons, all sharing the essence of God. All equal. One God. But three in nature.

Get it now?

One small correction. By definition *all* Christians believe in the Trinity.

No they don't. Catholics and their Protestant daughters do, but others who don't have roots in the Catholic cult reject the pagan trinity.

There seems to be a lot of confusion, not to mention some wilful ignorance about the nature of God.

Many Christians believe in the Trinity and that Jesus was God incarnate.

Some even point to the Trinity and state that Christians worship three Gods.

Nothing could be further from the truth. For example, look at a chicken egg. It has three separate parts. The yolk, the egg white, and the shell. So, which one of those parts is NOT the egg. They all are.

It's the same with God. One God, three persons, all sharing the essence of God. All equal. One God. But three in nature.

Get it now?

Unfortunately, some of them don't. I don't understand why. The Bible is pretty clear on this. And if Jesus is not God incarnate, then a created being died for their sins. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how they're OK with that. Our sin was against God. Only God could pay the price for that sin. They also ignore the fact that Jesus claimed equality with God. So, not only was He a created being, He was also a liar, and thus not sinless, and an unacceptable sacrifice for our sin.

No they don't. Catholics and their Protestant daughters do, but others who don't have roots in the Catholic cult reject the pagan trinity.

If Jesus is not God incarnate, then who died for your sin?
Where did I say He wasn't? That doesn't require a belief in the pagan trinity doctrine which the Catholics adopted from paganism.

The Origin of the Trinity: From Paganism to Constantine

Where did I say He wasn't? That doesn't require a belief in the pagan trinity doctrine which the Catholics adopted from paganism.
OK. Now I'm confused. If Jesus is God, and there is the Holy Ghost, that adds up to three. You believe that Jesus is God, yet you do not believe in the Trinity. Is that what you're saying?

The Origin of the Trinity: From Paganism to Constantine

He's a jew.

Last edited:

Your problem is that you can use that viewpoint to dismiss anything in Scripture that you don't understand, or disagree with. There are parables in the Bible, but they are obvious. There is nothing that suggests the Creation account should be taken as a parable or anything else. It is a factual account of how God created the universe. If you do not believe that, then you are calling God a liar.

No my friend. I am not calling God a liar. I have never called God a liar. I will never call God a liar. Nor will I fight with you about this.

I will wish you blessing and a wonderful evening and a wonderful life.

Forum List

Back