One of 2018's Greatest Dangers > Smart Phones

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
3 days in a row now > I've heard a report on the news in the Tampa Bay area, of a person being killed, while out walking, and looking at a smart phone. The latest was an 11 year old girl, Yasmin White, who was hit by a train in Haines City, FL, while wearing earphones and looking at a cell phone.

In the other 2 incidents, the victims were crossing a street, one in Clearwater, FL, and were hit by a car. I see these people (usually young) walking around without looking where they're going, their noses firmaly planted in their smart phones.

Unless this dangerous habit gets snuffed out pretty soon, 2018 is going to set records for people killed while crossing streets, train tracks, walking down stairs, etc. Another danger is people looking at their smart phones or dashboard touch screens, while they're driving. Recently, while approaching an intersection, I saw a woman turning into the intersection, while a car (with a right of way) was going straight through that intersection. She was almost hit by the straight-going driver, who swerved rapidily to avoid her. He almost then hit a 3rd car in making that sudden swerve. The woman kept right on with her turn, never even noticing the bedlam she caused.

Folks: Put the cell phones DOWN, and watch where you're going. :rolleyes: Condolences to the families of the deceased.

Police: 11-Year-Old Florida Girl Killed By Train Was Looking at Her Phone

I get the Tampa Bay Times and read about that a lot. Pedestrian traffic accidents are rampant in the area.

Forum List

Back