only retards want single shots in serious times

srlip

May 5, 2014
much less one that takes 30 seconds to reload, is noisy, obscures your view of the target with a cloud of smoke, corrodes the gun when fired, draws moisture and misfires. etc. Muzzleloaders are just expensive toys, for peeing around when nothing is at stake. You want an autoloading rifle that offers rapidifre, a silencer, luminous sights at night, .22lr as an option (for small game, training, and indoor ranges) fires the GI rifle rd, uses the GI mag and parts, is corrosion resistant, offers a scoped option, long range, etc. Why the hell would you want to give up those options, even if it was NEVER going to be a defensive situation, hmm?

You can get 80% finished AR lower recievers in the mail, no checks, no dealer, nothing. Youtube has videos of how to finish them. You can buy the rest of the parts for the AR in the mail. It is NOT illegal to create your own gun, no license or serial number is required. google for 80% finished firearm recievers. Some are aluminum, some are plastic. a $50 drill press suffices to mill out the part you need to "finish". :)

Last edited:
much less one that takes 30 seconds to reload, is noisy, obscures your view of the target with a cloud of smoke, corrodes the gun when fired, draws moisture and misfires. etc. Muzzleloaders are just expensive toys, for peeing around when nothing is at stake. You want an autoloading rifle that offers rapidifre, a silencer, luminous sights at night, .22lr as an option (for small game, training, and indoor ranges) fires the GI rifle rd, uses the GI mag and parts, is corrosion resistant, offers a scoped option, long range, etc. Why the hell would you want to give up those options, even if it was NEVER going to be a defensive situation, hmm?

You can get 80% finished AR lower recievers in the mail, no checks, no dealer, nothing. Youtube has videos of how to finish them. You can buy the rest of the parts for the AR in the mail. It is NOT illegal to create your own gun, no license or serial number is required. google for 80% finished firearm recievers. Some are aluminum, some are plastic. a $50 drill press suffices to mill out the part you need to "finish". :)

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

My other single shot. It will shoot rings around that groundhog gun of yours.

Single shots have their place.

I have an AR...it's a range queen.

When I'm in the woods, it's almost invariably a single shot I take with me.

u sound like an effing libertarian, newbie. :) you probably carry a PPK with Glasers in it.

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

Oh be still my heart!!

I finally found my perfect rifle several years ago. A Ruger No. 1 light sporter in .270 Win.

They are seriously great rifles. Good to see another fan.

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

Oh be still my heart!!

I finally found my perfect rifle several years ago. A Ruger No. 1 light sporter in .270 Win.

Too rich for my blood...I can't see putting out that kinda cabbage for a one shotter.

$200 for a handi-rifle...sure.

But a grand?

Last edited:

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

Oh be still my heart!!

One shot, one kill, no exceptions.

I used to hunt with a guy who was a menace in the woods. He had a repeating shotgun and was always taking shots he didn't have, shooting at things he couldn't see, and I finally had to draw the line when he shot in my direction without making sure where he was shooting.

A single shot makes you THINK about whether to take the shot or not, which is why I never miss, and I take as much game out of the woods as the next guy, I just don't waste ammo.

I have also taken my share of prize money at matches.

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

Oh be still my heart!!

Too rich for my blood...I can't see putting out that kinda cabbage for a one shotter.

But a grand?

These rifles are a work of art.

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

Oh be still my heart!!

But a grand?

It was on my dream list for a while. But I think what I have is the finest deer rifle ever.

ReaderDelbo05WEB.jpg

Oh be still my heart!!

I used to hunt with a guy who was a menace in the woods. He had a repeating shotgun and was always taking shots he didn't have, shooting at things he couldn't see, and I finally had to draw the line when he shot in my direction without making sure where he was shooting.

A single shot makes you THINK about whether to take the shot or not, which is why I never miss, and I take as much game out of the woods as the next guy, I just don't waste ammo.

The single shot rifle is a hunter's rifle. When people have asked me about the follow up or second shot, I always ask the same thing. Was the deer standing still when you took your first shot? They usually agree that it was. So if you missed a stationary animal, what makes you think you can hit one at a full run?

Oh be still my heart!!

The single shot rifle is a hunter's rifle. When people have asked me about the follow up or second shot, I always ask the same thing. Was the deer standing still when you took your first shot? They usually agree that it was. So if you missed a stationary animal, what makes you think you can hit one at a full run?

There are people who will try it, and run the risk of wounding game and losing it after it runs off. I have dropped deer in their tracks with head shots and heart shots, you just have to hit what you're aiming at. Aim small, miss small.

There are people who will try it, and run the risk of wounding game and losing it after it runs off. I have dropped deer in their tracks with head shots and heart shots, you just have to hit what you're aiming at. Aim small, miss small.

Exactly. The first shot is your best shot.

And with my single shot I get a rifle with a 22" bbl (most .270 rounds burn all their powder in 21") with a rifle that has an overall length that is the same as a bolt action with an 18" bbl. A handy rifle with a long barrel.

u sound like an effing libertarian, newbie. :) you probably carry a PPK with Glasers in it.

Well, I carry a Firestar .40 with Winchester Black Talons. What do you carry? A .22 TPH?

This is my single shot. I have one in .50-90, and one in .45-120.

slide.00150.jpg

I had one of these for a while in .45-70.

remington_rollingblock_no1.jpg

Disclaimer: this is not my rifle, it is a picture of one that looks like it.

I am a Libertarian. And I carry a customized M1991A1 .45ACP.

I also hunt with a single shot rifle. And I would put it up against any repeater in the game.

Different tools for different jobs.

A PPK in your pocket is better than an AR in the trunk of your car. In any case a 380 will solve 90% of the problems that can be solved with a gun. The other 10% probably can't be solved with anything you are likely to have on you.

Forum List

Back