Oprah Winfrey for President

678.jpg

Angelina is too white for Dems.
But she has big lips!

Did Oprah really say we should all just die? Anyone have a link to that?

I think that was actually a quote of hers that was taken out of context, TBH. I'm not exactly sure about it myself though. However, her thinking anyone "has to die" shows a problem with her thinking, IMO.

Fact Check: Did Oprah Say 'All White People Have to Die'?

Well, she did say it, but looks like it was taken out of context.

I’m saying problem not solved. I’m saying that, you know, that’s the beauty of a film like The Butler, and it’s the beauty of a film like 12 Years a Slave, and it’s the beauty of what we’re seeing, you know, on stage with Scottsboro Boys is that it allows people to see where the root of the problem started. It allows people to see, ‘Oh, that’s where it all started, this is how far we’ve come, and now this is how much farther we need to go.’

Of course problem is not solved. As long as people can be judged by the, by the color of their skin, the problem’s not solved. As long as there are people who still… And there’s a whole generation, I said this for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the South, there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die.
. By reading this of her words, it is that she meant (in context) that the generations have to eventually die out over time in order for the transformation to take place in which finally stops the prejudice and racism that had been taught/marinated into those generations over the years. She's right, but it also takes two sides in order to stop the problems. The idea or attitude that blacks are always victims, and not ever guilty of racism and prejudice themselves is preposterous. The sooner the blacks like Oprah understand this, the sooner we all can move forward. She should be a huge influence on Hollywood, so why is she and others not using the powerful platforms in a correct way ??

Maybe it's Chelsea Clinton's turn.

1njy8l.jpg
.We need desperately to break this idea of family ties being some sort of qualifier or someone's gender or race is a qualifier. This nation don't need to suffer under these idiotic notions any longer.

I think that was actually a quote of hers that was taken out of context, TBH. I'm not exactly sure about it myself though. However, her thinking anyone "has to die" shows a problem with her thinking, IMO.

I’m saying problem not solved. I’m saying that, you know, that’s the beauty of a film like The Butler, and it’s the beauty of a film like 12 Years a Slave, and it’s the beauty of what we’re seeing, you know, on stage with Scottsboro Boys is that it allows people to see where the root of the problem started. It allows people to see, ‘Oh, that’s where it all started, this is how far we’ve come, and now this is how much farther we need to go.’

Of course problem is not solved. As long as people can be judged by the, by the color of their skin, the problem’s not solved. As long as there are people who still… And there’s a whole generation, I said this for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the South, there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die.
. By reading this of her words, it is that she meant (in context) that the generations have to eventually die out over time in order for the transformation to take place in which finally stops the prejudice and racism that had been taught/marinated into those generations over the years. She's right, but it also takes two sides in order to stop the problems. The idea or attitude that blacks are always victims, and not ever guilty of racism and prejudice themselves is preposterous. The sooner the blacks like Oprah understand this, the sooner we all can move forward. She should be a huge influence on Hollywood, so why is she and others not using the powerful platforms in a correct way ??

The verb "have to" can work two different ways --- one implies desire, the other a factual necessity.

1 - "you have to put on a Tom Brady T-shirt before I'll go out with you"
2 - "the Eagles have to get to the 31 for a first down"

Obviously speaker one is expressing a preference, while speaker two is simply stating a fact without a preference.

Seems pretty clear the Oprah statement uses the second sense.

The verb "have to" can work two different ways --- one implies desire, the other a factual necessity.

Obviously speaker one is expressing a preference, while speaker two is simply stating a fact without a preference.

.In context I think she was speaking about generational changes to finally overcome the problems, and that means that over time the generations will take the old ways to their graves, and the new ones will unite to overcome it all. The only problem is, is that as long as that evil Satan is involved, it will continue on and on and on. Let's say the racism stops, well it will just be replaced with something else. Done seen it happen, and you have seen it to I bet. The introduction of sin into the mix as if it is good, uh begins a whole new round of prejudices and discriminations where people attempt to separate themselves and their children from such things. It won't ever end until the good Lord ends it, and places that old serpent into the pit where he belongs.

Will she campaign in between doing the latest diet fad?... 2020... OPRAH / SUSAN ( that woman who helped start GOOGLE) both campaigning while on the latest diet fad.
Career

In September 1998, the same month that Google was incorporated, its founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin set up office in Wojcicki's garage in Menlo Park. Before becoming Google's first marketing manager in 1999, Wojcicki worked in marketing at Intel in Santa Clara, California] and was a management consultant at Bain & Company and R.B. Webber & Company. At Google, she worked on the initial viral marketing programs, as well as the first Google Doodles. Wojcicki also took part in the development of successful contributions to Google such as Google Images and Google Books.

She handled two of Google’s largest acquisitions — the $1.65 billion purchase of YouTube in 2006 and...GettyImages-474281521.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

.In context I think she was speaking about generational changes to finally overcome the problems, and that means that over time the generations will take the old ways to their graves, and the new ones will unite to overcome it all. The only problem is, is that as long as that evil Satan is involved, it will continue on and on and on. Let's say the racism stops, well it will just be replaced with something else. Done seen it happen, and you have seen it to I bet. The introduction of sin into the mix as if it is good, uh begins a whole new round of prejudices and discriminations where people attempt to separate themselves and their children from such things. It won't ever end until the good Lord ends it, and places that old serpent into the pit where he belongs.

I agree with that assessment, until you get to the Satan part. That's a cop-out. But as far as the quote's intent, yes.

Oh you laugh but that's a real statement posted to me last night. I decided the date wasn't worth the shame of wearing a Tom Brady shirt. Although I did offer to wear a Marcia Brady shirt.

I agree with that assessment, until you get to the Satan part. That's a cop-out. But as far as the quote's intent, yes.
So you just feel that evil is in ones character, but rather you just can't explain where it comes from. Educate yourself.

So you just feel that evil is in ones character, but rather you just can't explain where it comes from. Educate yourself.

No, I feel that I don't need to anthropomorphize emotional dynamics into a comic book character as a way of running away from responsibility for them. That's just childish. Moreover I don't believe Winfrey made any reference to "Satan" in the interview at all.

Forum List

Back