Oregon regrets decriminalizing street drugs

How progressive leftist think.........

"Man... we have a drug problem here, and crime to go with it. I have an idea... let's make it legal and setup public places they can use drugs legally, and provide them with needles and other paraphernalia for free - this should lower drug use and crime right??"

You can't make this stuff up.

Not true since many people do learn to control their addictions. We do not treat addiction as a medical issue and tend to see it as some sort of moral failure.
Some people learn to control their addictions. Most don't want to. Addicts and users view any attempt to end drug use as a personal punishment. It is an infringement on their constitutional rights. No amount of treatment as a medical issue is going to change the Addict's mind that they are freedom fighters. Each use is coming straight from their inner William Wallace.

How progressive leftist think.........

"Man... we have a drug problem here, and crime to go with it. I have an idea... let's make it legal and setup public places they can use drugs legally, and provide them with needles and other paraphernalia for free - this should lower drug use and crime right??"

You can't make this stuff up.
Those are called Harm Reduction Centers. They don't have any interest in reducing drug use. Just making drug use safer.

Some people learn to control their addictions. Most don't want to. Addicts and users view any attempt to end drug use as a personal punishment. It is an infringement on their constitutional rights. No amount of treatment as a medical issue is going to change the Addict's mind that they are freedom fighters. Each use is coming straight from their inner William Wallace.

I know too many people who have beat their addictions to everything from heroin, crack, benzos and alcohol etc to agree with you.

The thing is Portugal actually used the money they were saving by not prosecuting all those drug crimes to provide medical and rehab services.
Better to use the money to prevent druggies from becoming druggies in the first place

Better to use the money to prevent druggies from becoming druggies in the first place

Yeah just say no worked so well as did the "war" on drugs right?

Pragmatism works far better than idealism.

Forum List

Back