Oregon regrets decriminalizing street drugs

Those are called Harm Reduction Centers. They don't have any interest in reducing drug use. Just making drug use safer.
Harm Reduction has been bastardized by those who sought the funding, who themselves never really believed in the model.

I was an early proponent of it, when only a few activists were spreading the word -- 1994(?)

Wise move.
No, you don't get it. I never trusted people who did not experiment with friends. I was always curious of how much they didn't trust their friends, themselves and wondered what so frightened them. The oevrwhelming majority of Americans have experimented. A small minority of odd fellows/gals did not.

Harm Reduction has been bastardized by those who sought the funding, who themselves never really believed in the model.

I was an early proponent of it, when only a few activists were spreading the word -- 1994(?)
I don't see why it's so hard to believe that saving a person's life from an addiction is not "evil". The longer a person stays alive the more chances he has to beat his addictions.

No, you don't get it. I never trusted people who did not experiment with friends. I was always curious of how much they didn't trust their friends, themselves and wondered what so frightened them. The oevrwhelming majority of Americans have experimented. A small minority of odd fellows/gals did not.
Examples of fearless “experimenters” who trusted their friends

1684508881570.png

I don't see why it's so hard to believe that saving a person's life from an addiction is not "evil". The longer a person stays alive the more chances he has to beat his addictions.
Harm reduction is far better than criminalization along with mandated programs that offer false choices and hopes for addicts.

I remember being a part of a pilot program for syringe exchange, and observing how the cjhoices for teatment we offered were not what most wanted. Most addicts suffereing do not wnat to quit using, they want the shit that comes long to go away. Harm reduction offered a better and more realistic way , and being clean was never the state goal. It was an option.

Forum List

Back