The US heat dome is a warning for the 2024 elections

unjustified assumptions about the unknown.

But enough about you.
If you'd care to look back at the referenced exchange, you'd clearly find that it was you that was making unsupported assumptions.

Your continued assertion that a lack of knowledge is knowledge of a lack fails on all fronts. With our current technology, our current surge in CO2 and temperature and the MINIMUM amount of time it would take for those value to return to pre-industrial levels will be discernible in the geological record for well over a million years.

If you'd care to look back at the referenced exchange, you'd clearly find that it was you that was making unsupported assumptions.

Your continued assertion that a lack of knowledge is knowledge of a lack fails on all fronts. With our current technology, our current surge in CO2 and temperature and the MINIMUM amount of time it would take for those value to return to pre-industrial levels will be discernible in the geological record for well over a million years.

I responded to your unsupported assumptions.

However, during their span of dominance in Earth fauna, temperature changes were consistently slow.
Any support for your claim?

That large temperature drop at the left end of the dinosaur era, for instance, took place at a rate of 0.00035C/century.
Or this, especially ridiculous one?

You realize that looking at the temperature at one point and then seeing, a million years later, a one-degree increase, doesn't mean you can claim the temperature changed at a
consistent 0.0001C/century.

Right?

Because that's something a moron like SSDD would say.

With our current technology, our current surge in CO2 and temperature and the MINIMUM amount of time it would take for those value to return to pre-industrial levels will be discernible in the geological record for well over a million years.

I don't doubt the jump in CO2 would be discernible for a long time, you have no evidence that the temperature change would be measurable in a million years. No evidence that would say it jumped this much in the last 160-years, or whatever period you're using.

I responded to your unsupported assumptions.
I made those calculation based on published data to which I linked and displayed.
However, during their span of dominance in Earth fauna, temperature changes were consistently slow.
Any support for your claim?
The extraction of data from the provided graph.
That large temperature drop at the left end of the dinosaur era, for instance, took place at a rate of 0.00035C/century.
Or this, especially ridiculous one?
There are other moments when things change rapidly and they are almost universally accompanied with enormous harm to many species.
You realize that looking at the temperature at one point and then seeing, a million years later, a one-degree increase, doesn't mean you can claim the temperature changed at a
consistent 0.0001C/century.
I can accurately say that it changed at that average rate over that time span. And, as I have argued and you have never addressed, the episode we are currently involved in will be visible in the geological record for over a million years. And, you have no mechanism that could either produce such unseen periods in the past or that would end the current period quickly enough to make it invisible.
Right?

Because that's something a moron like SSDD would say.
Because that is something that a moron like you thinks a moron like SSDD would say.
With our current technology, our current surge in CO2 and temperature and the MINIMUM amount of time it would take for those value to return to pre-industrial levels will be discernible in the geological record for well over a million years.

I don't doubt the jump in CO2 would be discernible for a long time, you have no evidence that the temperature change would be measurable in a million years. No evidence that would say it jumped this much in the last 160-years, or whatever period you're using.
You keep ignoring the amount of time it needs to go away. The Earth cooling off is going to take longer than it took to get warm.

I made those calculation based on published data to which I linked and displayed.

There are other moments when things change rapidly and they are almost universally accompanied with enormous harm to many species.

I can accurately say that it changed at that average rate over that time span. And, as I have argued and you have never addressed, the episode we are currently involved in will be visible in the geological record for over a million years. And, you have no mechanism that could either produce such unseen periods in the past or that would end the current period quickly enough to make it invisible.

Because that is something that a moron like you thinks a moron like SSDD would say.

You keep ignoring the amount of time it needs to go away. The Earth cooling off is going to take longer than it took to get warm.

You took the starting point and the ending point. It was hilarious!

I can accurately say that it changed at that average rate over that time span.

Temperatures don't change at an average million-year rate.

And, you have no mechanism that could either produce such unseen periods in the past or that would end the current period quickly enough to make it invisible.

It doesn't have to be invisible.
What is the highest resolution we have for 1 million years ago?

You keep ignoring the amount of time it needs to go away

I'm not worried about it going away.

The Earth cooling off is going to take longer than it took to get warm.

Warmer is better than colder.

You took the starting point and the ending point. It was hilarious!

I can accurately say that it changed at that average rate over that time span.

Temperatures don't change at an average million-year rate.

And, you have no mechanism that could either produce such unseen periods in the past or that would end the current period quickly enough to make it invisible.

It doesn't have to be invisible.
What is the highest resolution we have for 1 million years ago?

You keep ignoring the amount of time it needs to go away

I'm not worried about it going away.

The Earth cooling off is going to take longer than it took to get warm.

Warmer is better than colder.
You're no longer arguing your original point.

You're no longer arguing your original point.

My original point was that this.....

and this.....

Are ridiculous claims that you have no evidence for.

Forum List

Back