Over 500 Muslim Brotherhood Members Sentenced To Death In Egypt

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008

CAIRO (Reuters) - An Egyptian court sentenced 529 members of the Muslim Brotherhood to death on Monday on charges including murder, a defense lawyer said, in a sharp escalation of a crackdown on the movement.

The charges against the group, on trial in Minya since Saturday, include violence, inciting murder, storming a police station, attacking persons and damaging public and private property.

Only 123 of the defendants were present. The rest were either released, out on bail or on the run.

The government has declared the Brotherhood a "terrorist" group. The Brotherhood says it is a peaceful movement.

Read more: Over 500 Muslim Brotherhood Members Sentenced To Death In Egypt - Business Insider

Egyptian court sentences 529 Muslim Brotherhood members to death: lawyer | Reuters

Wow, short trial to sentence over 500 people to death. It started Saturday morning.

This is easy enough.
America sponsored a coup and Egypt has a brand new, corrupt, murdering dictator ... but one that won't attack Israel as long as America pays them enough cash.

America, standing for freedom and democracy ...... as long as the freely elected government is doing what America wants.
The moment they show free will and do what the people voted for, they get kicked out in favour of an American puppet.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is easy enough.
America sponsored a coup and Egypt has a brand new, corrupt, murdering dictator ... but one that won't attack Israel as long as America pays them enough cash.

America, standing for freedom and democracy ...... as long as the freely elected government is doing what America wants.
The moment they show free will and do what the people voted for, they get kicked out in favour of an American puppet.

The broad base of moderate Muslim nations in the ME do not like the Muslim Brotherhood. Not surprising they want to get rid of them. The Muslim Brotherhood are the ones who are the murderers. They are the ones who cause instability in the ME.

Last edited:
This is easy enough.

The broad base of moderate Muslim nations in the ME do not like the Muslim Brotherhood. Not surprising they want to get rid of them. The Muslim Brotherhood are the ones who are the murderers. They are the ones who cause instability in the ME.

The brotherhood are too extreme for my tastes, but they were the elected government.

This is easy enough.

The brotherhood are too extreme for my tastes, but they were the elected government.

They are too extreme for most of the ME countries. Was the election a real election?

This is easy enough.

They were never elected with a clear majority, though. But they acted like they were. And as a result, they made matters worse.

The real problem with Egypt is that it's a poor country with a very large, young population.

And almost no resources.

The MB made matters worse by making the country so scary that it's one usable industry, tourism, declined.

They are too extreme for most of the ME countries. Was the election a real election?

It was a lot closer to democracy than the coup.

Was the election a real election?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/w...-as-egypts-president.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

CAIRO — Egypt’s military rulers on Sunday officially recognized Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood as the winner of Egypt’s first competitive presidential election, handing the Islamists both a symbolic triumph and a potent weapon in their struggle for power against the country’s top generals.

BBC News - Egypt: What poll results reveal about Brotherhood's popularity

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood won every democratic vote held in Egypt since the fall of President Hosni Mubarak - but the results alone do not give a true picture of the strength of their popularity.

It seems there was.

It also seems there was a coup ... except when it comes to paying Egypt's corrupt military.

PAUL: A coup is a coup is a coup ? in Egypt, too - Washington Times

This week, the Senate voted to continue sending taxpayer dollars to Egypt, illegally.

But then .....

https://www.propublica.org/blog/ite...where-does-the-money-go-who-decides-how-spent

The Obama administration withheld some military aid to Egypt in August. Another U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the move to suspend assistance -- more than $1 billion is given each year -- has been prompted by an "accumulation of events," including recent violence against protesters, dozens of whom were killed over the weekend.

And, as soon as America megafucks up ....

Russia offers Egypt no-strings-attached arms deal

Egypt's army chief, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, was in Moscow to negotiate a $2 billion arms deal Thursday. During the visit, Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his support for al-Sisi's political ambitions.

So what really happened?
America saw the brotherhood was about to be removed, took a chance but backed the wrong horse and, just to really fuck up, illegally supplied arms (aid) in the hope he could bribe them into going back to bed with America.

You really have to laugh.
The anti Obama lot bleat on about his birth certificate and a load of other made up shit, but when he makes a serious bollocks of major foreign policy and, just to add a bit of fun, breaks U.S. law, hardly a peep to be heard.

That sort of proves the anti Obama team are brain dead idiots.

CaféAuLait;8821972 said:

CAIRO (Reuters) - An Egyptian court sentenced 529 members of the Muslim Brotherhood to death on Monday on charges including murder, a defense lawyer said, in a sharp escalation of a crackdown on the movement.

The charges against the group, on trial in Minya since Saturday, include violence, inciting murder, storming a police station, attacking persons and damaging public and private property.

Only 123 of the defendants were present. The rest were either released, out on bail or on the run.

The government has declared the Brotherhood a "terrorist" group. The Brotherhood says it is a peaceful movement.

Read more: Over 500 Muslim Brotherhood Members Sentenced To Death In Egypt - Business Insider

Egyptian court sentences 529 Muslim Brotherhood members to death: lawyer | Reuters

Wow, short trial to sentence over 500 people to death. It started Saturday morning.

Hope it's televised.

CaféAuLait;8821972 said:

Hope it's televised.

Golly, what an idiot. :cuckoo:

CaféAuLait;8821972 said:

Hope it's televised.

Golly, what an idiot. :cuckoo:

You don't believe public executions would be a deterrent?

You pussy ass liberals wouldn't have to watch. You could turn the channel to MSNBC and jack off with all the other Obamabots.

They were never elected with a clear majority, though. But they acted like they were. And as a result, they made matters worse.

The real problem with Egypt is that it's a poor country with a very large, young population.

And almost no resources.

The MB made matters worse by making the country so scary that it's one usable industry, tourism, declined.

When Morsi appointed the terrorist who reportedly planned and help execute the Luxor massacre for the position of Governor, I really couldn't believe it.

No tourist or tourism agency was going to get a warm and fuzzy on this appointment. I really think this pushed things over the edge for Morsi and the MB. The people of Luxor went ballistic. And I don't blame them.

For those that don't know the terror attack in Luxor killed 60 some odd tourists.

Al-Khayat was arrested following the assassination of former President Anwar Al-Sadat for belonging to Al-Jamaa Al-Islamiya, the group which claimed responsibility for an attack at the Temple of Hatshepsut that killed 62 people in Luxor in November 1997. -

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/06/17/morsi-appoints-17-new-governors-2/

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8821972 said:

They missed the ones in the White House!

Was the election a real election?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/w...-as-egypts-president.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

CAIRO — Egypt’s military rulers on Sunday officially recognized Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood as the winner of Egypt’s first competitive presidential election, handing the Islamists both a symbolic triumph and a potent weapon in their struggle for power against the country’s top generals.

BBC News - Egypt: What poll results reveal about Brotherhood's popularity

It seems there was.

It also seems there was a coup ... except when it comes to paying Egypt's corrupt military.

PAUL: A coup is a coup is a coup ? in Egypt, too - Washington Times

But then .....

https://www.propublica.org/blog/ite...where-does-the-money-go-who-decides-how-spent

The Obama administration withheld some military aid to Egypt in August. Another U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the move to suspend assistance -- more than $1 billion is given each year -- has been prompted by an "accumulation of events," including recent violence against protesters, dozens of whom were killed over the weekend.

And, as soon as America megafucks up ....

Russia offers Egypt no-strings-attached arms deal

Egypt's army chief, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, was in Moscow to negotiate a $2 billion arms deal Thursday. During the visit, Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his support for al-Sisi's political ambitions.

So what really happened?
America saw the brotherhood was about to be removed, took a chance but backed the wrong horse and, just to really fuck up, illegally supplied arms (aid) in the hope he could bribe them into going back to bed with America.

You really have to laugh.
The anti Obama lot bleat on about his birth certificate and a load of other made up shit, but when he makes a serious bollocks of major foreign policy and, just to add a bit of fun, breaks U.S. law, hardly a peep to be heard.

That sort of proves the anti Obama team are brain dead idiots.

Nice blanket statement there sparky.

:lol:

You obviously are so freaking partisan you missed all of us screaming about the MB before Mubarak was officially over thrown. Cripes anyone but a complete fool could see that this adventure into Islamic extremism wasn't going to have a "and they lived happily ever after ending" in Egypt.

This is easy enough.

Boy that's a pantload you just shovelled out there. The US backed Morsi. Obama sent McCain and Graeme over Egypt to try to save his hide. Obama blatantly came out and warned Egypt not to arrest Morsi and MB members.

Morsi was the American puppet. And the Egyptian populace knew it.

Obama warns Egypt against arbitrary arrests during Situation Room summit
By Dave Boyer

The Washington Times
Thursday, July 4, 2013

As a new interim president of Egypt was sworn in Thursday, President Obama met with his national security team at the White House to review the situation and to warn Egypt’s interim government away from retaliation against its former Muslim Brotherhood leaders.

Obama warns Egypt against arbitrary arrests during Situation Room summit - Washington Times

Obama asks Republican Senators McCain, Graham to visit Egypt

By Patricia Zengerle
WASHINGTON Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:23pm EDT

Obama asks Republican Senators McCain, Graham to visit Egypt | Reuters

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8821972 said:

Where was the trial, Judge and jury for the Christians, Jews and other Muslims ( who opposed them ) they have murdered in cold blood? The rapes, murders, beheadings, torture they have perpretrated on others? I'm shocked that it is only 500 people. What happened? Did Muslim Brotherhood leave the country? That is their home base! Amazing story.

Forum List

Back