Palestinians: 10,000 years ago, since Abraham or since the Mandate for Palestine?

[Amazing how Palestinian memory is short about their past. Not even remembering their great leader, whom they are not supposed to remember anyway - Al Husseini - But "Historic Palestine".....]

The question: "Name an important Palestinian in history"

Palestinians: "We don't know anybody before Yasser Arafat"

I rest my casepic.twitter.com/BHSrJG3wRi

— Zechariah Shar'abi | זכריה | زكريا (@ZechariahSharab) October 25, 2023

[Amazing how Palestinian memory is short about their past. Not even remembering their great leader, whom they are not supposed to remember anyway - Al Husseini - But "Historic Palestine".....]

The question: "Name an important Palestinian in history"

Palestinians: "We don't know anybody before Yasser Arafat"

I rest my casepic.twitter.com/BHSrJG3wRi

— Zechariah Shar'abi | זכריה | زكريا (@ZechariahSharab) October 25, 2023

Historic figures are usually war heroes.

Who do peaceful people have?

Scholars believe the name “Palestine” originally comes from the word “Philistia,” which refers to the Philistines who occupied part of the region in the 12th century B.C.
I do not believe that is true. My understanding is that the reference to Philistines and Palestine or Palestinians, refers to two quite separate people. The Philistines could literally be connected to many people located regionally and temporally, unlike the Palestinians, who are a specific group of nomads who settled in the Levant long ago.

Throughout history, Palestine has been ruled by numerous groups, including the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Fatimids, Seljuk Turks, Crusaders, Egyptians and Mamelukes.
Quite true, in that Palestine more aptly refers to a REGION, and the 'Palestinians' have never been able to adequately administer themselves.

Here is a map of the Levant about 800 years BC: Here you see the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah. BOTH were territories owned and controlled by the Jews. You don't see any Palestine or Palestinians on the map. The states of the Philistines carry quite a separate history from the Palestinians and should not be conflated together.

Kingdoms_of_the_Levant_Map_830.jpg

So how are the Israelis taking anything from the Palestinians?

Forum List

Back