Palestinians Massing At The Israeli Border

That justifies carpet bombing them back to the stone age.

We, on Team Israel, need to be careful in making blanket statements like this one. It doesn't further our cause and just confirms the idea that Israel is as vile and violent as the Arabs Palestinians are or more so because we have the technology to back it up. There is nothing in international law which permits carpet bombing anyone or any territory into oblivion. The standard of military engagements is the least use of force for the necessary military gain and only in self-defense. That is the standard we need to hold to.

What we really need to do is limit as far as possible the effect that their belligerent violence has on Israel's civilians and sovereignty, while working towards at minimum being available for peace should the Arab Palestinians come around to that POV.

We, on Team Israel, need to be careful in making blanket statements like this one. It doesn't further our cause and just confirms the idea that Israel is as vile and violent as the Arabs Palestinians are or more so because we have the technology to back it up. There is nothing in international law which permits carpet bombing anyone or any territory into oblivion. The standard of military engagements is the least use of force for the necessary military gain and only in self-defense. That is the standard we need to hold to.

What we really need to do is limit as far as possible the effect that their belligerent violence has on Israel's civilians and sovereignty, while working towards at minimum being available for peace should the Arab Palestinians come around to that POV.
I'm not on team Israel. Right now our enemy is the same, Muslims. I don't side with Israel because I like Israel.

I'm not on team Israel. Right now our enemy is the same, Muslims. I don't side with Israel because I like Israel.

Ah. Gotcha. So your point was not that we should mow down Gazans because they are engaging in specific belligerent actions -- but that we should mow down Muslims, because Mooooooslims. I agree then, we are not on the same team.

RE: Palestinians Massing At The Israeli Border
※→ Slyhunter, Sixties Fan, et al,

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) does not engage in "Saturation Bombing" (Carpet Bombing). In fact, the IAF does not even have any intermediate or heavy Bombers.

Chart Removed.
(COMMENT)

This is "Carper Bombing" ===> a flight or more of heavy bombers flying in formation and releasing their payload in a specific pattern for maximum effect: ✪ ⇒

Carpet Boming 2.jpg
WWII B-29 Carpet Bombing.jpg
Carpet Bombing.jpg

When I was in Vietnam, we called such a thing - "Arc Light." Ask any Vietnam Vet. The sky would light-up and the ground would tremble. And you don't even hear them coming.

I would venture to say, 10 days of Vietnam era Arc Light, and there would not be enough left of the northern third of Gaza to build matchboxes.

But what the Israelis have the capability (although I don't believe they have used it) is The BLU-82B/C-130 weapon system (AKA: The Daisy Cutter). The IAF has C-130s in the inventory. It is in the family of Massive Ordnance Bombs. It can be used for a number of different missions; from planting an instant LZ in triple canopy jungle - to - punching holes in mine fields by setting them all off. A scary one is when responding to a Code: "Broken Arrow" (emergency response for a unit about to be overrun). Nothing will knock'em back faster than receiving a couple 15,000 pound'ers.

No one "carpet bombed Gaza, ever!

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) does not engage in "Saturation Bombing" (Carpet Bombing). In fact, the IAF does not even have any intermediate or heavy Bombers.

Chart Removed.
(COMMENT)

This is "Carper Bombing" ===> a flight or more of heavy bombers flying in formation and releasing their payload in a specific pattern for maximum effect: ✪ ⇒
When I was in Vietnam, we called such a thing - "Arc Light." Ask any Vietnam Vet. The sky would light-up and the ground would tremble. And you don't even hear them coming.

I would venture to say, 10 days of Vietnam era Arc Light, and there would not be enough left of the northern third of Gaza to build matchboxes.

But what the Israelis have the capability (although I don't believe they have used it) is The BLU-82B/C-130 weapon system (AKA: The Daisy Cutter). The IAF has C-130s in the inventory. It is in the family of Massive Ordnance Bombs. It can be used for a number of different missions; from planting an instant LZ in triple canopy jungle - to - punching holes in mine fields by setting them all off. A scary one is when responding to a Code: "Broken Arrow" (emergency response for a unit about to be overrun). Nothing will knock'em back faster than receiving a couple 15,000 pound'ers.

Most Respectfully,
R
Slyhunter is only "wishful thinking" about bombing the heck out of Gaza.

If it were Iran or Russia, he might get his wish.

But this is Israel.

Chart Removed.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But this is Israel.

Chart Removed.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But this is Israel.
You ever watch a superhero show or read a comic book? They're number one problem is when they beat the bad guy they let him live. Then he comes back later meaner and badder than before. That's the problem in Gaza. You keep letting them live.

Organizer of the Great March of Return says protests in Gaza ‘must go on’

The next phase of the Great March of Return must see an escalation in artistic, cultural and social actions. Instead of direct confrontation with occupation soldiers, the struggle should take the form of art exhibits, dance and theatre; children planting trees; university professors holding free classes in tents at the base camps; girls in our national dress; people painting, school and family trips; playgrounds and children’s games; novelists and writers sharing our story with the world; musicians bringing our music to the world –all of this taking place in the return camps.

Chart Removed.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But this is Israel.

Chart Removed.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But this is Israel.
You ever watch a superhero show or read a comic book? They're number one problem is when they beat the bad guy they let him live. Then he comes back later meaner and badder than before. That's the problem in Gaza. You keep letting them live.
It is not just the problem in Gaza.
The main problem is the Islamic ideology embraced by those in Gaza, Judea, Samaria, Jordan, etc, etc.

Israel defeated all 7 Arab countries. Three times.

But Islamic ideology demands that they do as Muhammad did.
Play low until the enemy is defeated.

Time is not on the Muslim's side.

When there will be a peace treaty as with Egypt and Jordan?

Only when the money stops flowing into those guys pockets and they really need to beg for peace.

Not in this generation, and apparently maybe not even in the next.

So, Israel stands strong and does what it needs to do for now.

It could change.

Col. Richard Kemp has seen the tactics used by Islamic terrorists from very close range. As head of the British forces in Afghanistan in 2003, he witnessed terrorists use human shields when they confronted the armed forces of the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States.

Hamas employs a very similar tactic in Gaza, he told The CJN in a telephone interview from England. During the recent unrest, Hamas did its best to provoke an Israeli response that would blacken its image in the eyes of the world. It’s a tactic that has had some success, inasmuch as it leads people to criticize the Jewish state. But many military men like himself hold the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in high regard and understand the difficulties it faces when its enemies send civilians into the line of fire, hoping that they get killed, in order to score a propaganda victory.

Kemp, who has been an outspoken supporter of Israel for years, said, “It’s the latest example of Islamic terrorists trying to force Western soldiers to kill their own people.”

Kemp will discuss the recent Gaza conflict in an event sponsored by Israel Bonds of Canada, in conjunction with the Lone Soldiers Center. The evening event, billed as “Bonding With Lone Soldiers,” is scheduled to take place on June 26 at the Shaarei Shomayim Synagogue in Toronto. Lone soldiers are volunteers from around the world who enlist in the IDF and, being foreigners, do not benefit from the family support that Israelis rely upon when they are serving.

(full article online)

British colonel discusses why he supports the IDF

Now, see how a "witness" described Ayyoub's death:

A Palestinian photographer who took the picture of Ayoub after he was killed said the incident happened a fair distance from the fence.

Abed Alhakeem Abu Rish on Saturday told The Associated Press he saw the teen standing about 150 meters (164 yards) from the fence. He says Ayyoub was about to take cover behind a low sand berm when he was shot and fell to the ground.

Abu Rish’s photographs show Ayoub as he collapses head first and then lies motionless in the same spot.
------------------------------------
In fact he had already passed through the inside barbed wire fence and was headed towards the border fence. The IDF says that Ayyoub was actually trying to damage the fence when he was shot.

Now that we know that Ayyoub went to the riots specifically to get killed, can you believe that he was about to take cover when he was shot and that he was so far away? The number of people killed by the IDF who were not members of terror groups is quite small; Ayyoub must have been acting quite aggressively to attract sniper fire to kill him.

We have seen "suicide by IDF" before, and the "martyr" families are guaranteed large payments. Yet the media does not automatically ask whether these "victims" wanted to be killed and provoked their own deaths.

(full article online)

Palestinians who want the IDF to kill them ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

We've seen this tactic before. It is a variation of the Human Shield technique.

First you establish a barrier of civilian, humanitarian, educational (emphasizing youth activities), cultural exhibits, etc, etc, etc...) between Israeli forces and HAMAS (Jihadist, Fedayeen Activist, Hostile Insurgents, Radicalized Islamic Followers, and Asymmetric Fighters)... Once well established and peacefully planted, then HAMAS begins a provocation that will necessitate (even demand) an Israeli response; placing this HAMAS established picture of tranquillity in harms way --- mortal danger.

You don't think HAMAS is such a benevolent leadership, that they won't make self-improvement projects in the city, but for some reason, they will establish a Large-scale refugee style camp (literally) right on the border?

The surprise (of an attack) is in not knowing → what is about to happen! It is one of the things that make trusting people vulnerable to a faint. In many successful mystery stories, the culprit is the one least expected.

The next phase of the Great March of Return must see an escalation in artistic, cultural and social actions. Instead of direct confrontation with occupation soldiers, the struggle should take the form of art exhibits, dance and theatre; children planting trees; university professors holding free classes in tents at the base camps; girls in our national dress; people painting, school and family trips; playgrounds and children’s games; novelists and writers sharing our story with the world; musicians bringing our music to the world –all of this taking place in the return camps.

(COMMENT)

The HAMAS plan is that when the conditions are right, → HAMAS resources will create such a provocation that Israel will be forced to respond, and the response will result in some major catastrophe → causing a mass casualty event in the process. The HAMAS gamble is that the world will not recognize it is an orchestrated event by HAMAS to initiate global condemnation of Israel; believing that the Israelis are heartless and cruel with no moral value on life.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back