Palin says she would've won IF she was at the Top of the Ticket

If you had put Palins gubernatorial record and executive experience as a office holder up against Obama's record in 08 head to head, there would have been no comparison, Palin won hands down.

If you had put Palins gubernatorial record and executive experience as a office holder up against Obama's record in 08 head to head, there would have been no comparison, Palin won hands down.

Let her test that theory and get in now then.

That's true, but she'd still have been a lousy POTUS.

In 08' Palin was viable - no matter the reason, she isn't now.

She isn't now because people started listening to what she was actually babbling. She's very extreme.

In 08' Palin was viable - no matter the reason, she isn't now.

She isn't now because people started listening to what she was actually babbling. She's very extreme.

Extreme? Please elaborate how she is extreme.

BUT not as bad as Obama... Of course my Dingo would make a better POTUS than Obama.

I don't think Obama is worse than Palin would have been. She would have been a disaster.

I think Obama is intelligent and a lot more politically savvy than Sarah, but I don't trust him and I couldn't vote for him.

2 years of non-stop slander and libel didn't help.

You of the left don't have much in the way of ideas and you aren't very good at running the country, but demagoguery is something you excel at.

The Democrats are the only ones with the ideas.

Based on what? What did you think of her gubernatorial record on budgets and accomplishments?

I think she had some successes as Governor, but I was living in Britain until midsummer 2008 so was not as familiar with her track record as some may have been. I base my opinion therefore on what I have observed of her since she was named as McCain's running mate.

I thought she was initially a breath of fresh air. Since that "honeymoon period" however, I've come to feel that she will be unable to unite the Republican party, certainly unable to attract independent voters, and has a terrible habit of saying things that with hindsight were ill advised.

She remains, for me, an inexperienced and divisive figure. That's from a domestic US policy standpoint. From a perspective of foreign policy, I think she'd be worse.

While it's true that McCain's campaign was anything but stellar, I still can't help but to think that Palin alienated a lot of moderate/independent voters who would have otherwise considered McCain more strongly. I'm not saying he could have won with a different VP, because it's only in cases of disaster that VPs make much of a difference - but it would have been a lot closer. Overall it was just a poorly calculated decision that we all are going to have to live with for a generation (both in the form of the Obama presidency and seeing Palin flap her gums on television).
The choice of Palin was a SYMPTOM of the overall disease of the campaign, I was trying to say.

You may very well be right, but either way you look at it, I think McCain could have potentially recovered if he weren't busy cleaning up after Palin. Do remember that McCain held a lead over Obama for sometime - it was never a DOA effort.

bull,

Forum List

Back