Panera Starts Replacing Cashiers With Kiosks

Regardless of what pay workers accept, those machines will go in

As will ordering through your smartphone

I haven't yet met a checkout kiosk that works without intervention.
Seriously?

For me needing intervention at a self-checkout means I'm buying booze. Aside from that very rarely have issues, hell I even know the codes for most of the common fruits and veggies.

I like the kiosk hotel checkins too, who wants to wait in line while someone who for whatever reason needs to have a 10 minute transaction when all I want is to say my name and get a keycard put in my hand.

Who didn't call this, long ago? Of course larger businesses are going to find a way to stay in business while smaller ones are closing their doors, where I live and most likely where you live. Thanks BIG Government. Your goal is within reach.

It's truly pro-American to want to continue the low wage/flat wage trend as America continues it's downwards journey as the world's greatest nation.
While other developed countries are seeing their middle class get stronger as their economies get stronger, the US middle class gets weaker and our economy flounders.
Just think how great think how great the future looks for our kids and their kids.

Who didn't call this, long ago? Of course larger businesses are going to find a way to stay in business while smaller ones are closing their doors, where I live and most likely where you live. Thanks BIG Government. Your goal is within reach.

It also has a lot to do with the unwillingness of banks to give loans to small businesses/entrepreneurs since 2008. It still is tough out there.

Forum List

Back