Paper shortages will enter into a crises mode by end of the summer.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
Anyone in the printing industry is well aware of paper shortages across the U.S.
Virtually every sheet of paper in America today is currently on allocation, and has been for nearly a year.
This week suppliers in Spain and Portugal (one of the main coated suppliers in the U.S.) sent out an increased supply squeeze forecast for the summer. Stating that supplies could be 40% less than they are right now. And right now.. is already seriously short.

We will be extending the current moratorium on order entry of coated one side and two sides
products (manufacturing and stock orders) of 80lb Text and below until June 30, 2022.
For higher basis weights, we will resume order entry on June 1, 2022 with a revised allocation.
Which will be set 40 % lower than the previous allocation.
We continue to experience important disruptions in raw materials and logistic services.
Your Lecta sales representative will contact you with all the details.

Not laughing at you bro. Laughing on how far the globalist are going now.

We have massive amount of trees here in the south but a lot of paper companies moved overseas to GET CHEAP LABOR...........

In the 90s you could pick the state you wanted to work at in construction in paper mills.......til they went cheap to buy from China......

We need to RESTORE our INDEPENDENCE.

We have massive amount of trees here in the south but a lot of paper companies moved overseas to GET CHEAP LABOR...........

In the 90s you could pick the state you wanted to work at in construction in paper mills.......til they went cheap to buy from China......

No question.
China began it's move in the global paper market in the 1990s.
And they did it by subsidizing their paper. Which, as i am sure you know, selling a product below it's cost is illegal practice.
But they did it, everyone knew it, but by the time our government FINALLY acted in the early 2000s - it was too fucking late.
Several hundred mills in the U.S. had already permanently closed.
Same as the steel industry, same as the textile industry, same as electronics etc. etc. etc.
The elitist and globalist all conspired to make this happen.

No question.
China began it's move in the global paper market in the 1990s.
And they did it by subsidizing their paper. Which, as i am sure you know, selling a product below it's cost is illegal practice.
But they did it, everyone knew it, but by the time our government FINALLY acted in the early 2000s - it was too fucking late.
Several hundred mills in the U.S. had already permanently closed.
Same as the steel industry, same as the textile industry, same as electronics etc. etc. etc.
The elitist and globalist all conspired to make this happen.
I had just got out of the Navy and they were giving trucks in drawings back then to get more workers. People would quit one place for $2 more an hour to go down the street to work.

Was pretty cool holding a raffle ticket hoping your name would get called to win a brand new fully loaded truck. No one missed the drawing.......lmao

Nobody even noticed when I bought an extra package of TP. Now I have about a four year supply. I share only with conservatives. Those who voted for this clown car administration can wipe their asses with their bare hands.

Anyone in the printing industry is well aware of paper shortages across the U.S.
Virtually every sheet of paper in America today is currently on allocation, and has been for nearly a year.
This week suppliers in Spain and Portugal (one of the main coated suppliers in the U.S.) sent out an increased supply squeeze forecast for the summer. Stating that supplies could be 40% less than they are right now. And right now.. is already seriously short.

We will be extending the current moratorium on order entry of coated one side and two sides
products (manufacturing and stock orders) of 80lb Text and below until June 30, 2022.
For higher basis weights, we will resume order entry on June 1, 2022 with a revised allocation.
Which will be set 40 % lower than the previous allocation.
We continue to experience important disruptions in raw materials and logistic services.
Your Lecta sales representative will contact you with all the details.

1653742896288.png

Hey... psssst!!!
I didn't say Biden you dick wad.
In fact you little troll... I talked about how this began in the 90s.
Update your profile.

Pssttt... you guys are throwing every possible doomsday scenario out there hoping to blame biden for something.

I worked in the corrugated industry for 8 years. I've probably forgotten more about the paper industry than you'll ever learn.

Just generic plain white copy paper supply is fine and not in particular shortage. The problems start when you get into bonded paper products, engraved letterheads, thicker stock materials, etc. The fancier stuff has been a problem since last fall and custom engraved finishing is way behind from early this year due to covid, weather, the supply bottlenecks, labor shortages, so it still takes awhile. Where it gets sticker is when it comes to the dippy product labels and boxing that nobody really pays much mind to. I local food processing plant has had issues all year with being able to get the labels that it slaps on some products. Their product demand is high and they can produce the stuff in huge quantities, but, without the labels, they are constrained by storage capacity waiting for them to show up. When it comes to labels, it isn't just the paper side of it. There are issues with the adhesives industry too.

Just generic plain white copy paper supply is fine and not in particular shortage. The problems start when you get into bonded paper products, engraved letterheads, thicker stock materials, etc. The fancier stuff has been a problem since last fall and custom engraved finishing is way behind from early this year due to covid, weather, the supply bottlenecks, labor shortages, so it still takes awhile. Where it gets sticker is when it comes to the dippy product labels and boxing that nobody really pays much mind to. I local food processing plant has had issues all year with being able to get the labels that it slaps on some products. Their product demand is high and they can produce the stuff in huge quantities, but, without the labels, they are constrained by storage capacity waiting for them to show up. When it comes to labels, it isn't just the paper side of it. There are issues with the adhesives industry too.
More reasons to start producing here again.............We should never be dependent on others for stuff we can still produce here. Of course labor is a major problem now...........people seem to not want to work anymore.

We have that problem at work and material shortages...........especially stainless steel..............Hard to get it now.......We waited 8 months on one job over circuit boards.....I did the work 8 months ago..........went back and then ran into engineering problems.......lmao

Can't win for losing .

Here's the real problem, and it's similar to the baby formula problem. We've allowed too few companies to achieve a near monopoly.

The corrugated industry in the US is dominated by five companies - International Paper, Georgia Pacific, Westrock (formerly Smurfit-Stone), Pratt Industries, and Smurfit-Kappa. Usually, when IP announced a price increase, everyone else would follow within weeks, and it would trickle down through the entire system of distributors and users.

Ask a current high school graduate if trees are a renewable resource.

Why would I do that................If you don't have the plants to renew it.......then how would you renew it..............hmmm

Have you ever wired up a paper mill? Had to duck under the paper crane to hook up limit switches for the dryer section..............Well? HJAVE YOU ?

Most of the trash is shipped to Asia. And then a large amount is never recycled.........much is dumped into the oceans too.

Nobody even noticed when I bought an extra package of TP. Now I have about a four year supply. I share only with conservatives. Those who voted for this clown car administration can wipe their asses with their bare hands.
Gotcha beat man.
100 % renewable
Banana-Leaves2.jpg

I recommend using them for one before the other. Freedumb letteth ye chooseth
EveL.jpg

For those who don't understand all the fancy terms being floated around....

This is your paper coffee cups, the big Mac box, and certain paper plates. Even the paper used to wrap your burger or sandwich.
The KFC bucket for chicken and that box of biscuits is going to be MIA....this includes the box that is used by Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts to put donuts in.

For those who don't understand all the fancy terms being floated around....

This is your paper coffee cups, the big Mac box, and certain paper plates. Even the paper used to wrap your burger or sandwich.
The KFC bucket for chicken and that box of biscuits is going to be MIA....this includes the box that is used by Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts to put donuts in.
Well..........why aren't we cranking the paper mills back up then? We used to produce our own products.

:stir:

Why would I do that................If you don't have the plants to renew it.......then how would you renew it..............hmmm

Have you ever wired up a paper mill? Had to duck under the paper crane to hook up limit switches for the dryer section..............Well? HJAVE YOU ?

Most of the trash is shipped to Asia. And then a large amount is never recycled.........much is dumped into the oceans too.

Lol ... You don't want to get me started on engineered wood mils.
I was a third party trademarking and regulatory compliance auditor for almost every Plywood, OBS and Glulam mill in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi.

My point was that as much as we want to talk about globalist, elitists and corporations ...
And as much as I could contribute to a discussion of what drives Production and exploring alternative markets ...
The fundamental views many hold towards logging, and environmental controls, do just as much towards pushing production offshore.

iamwhatiseem mentioned China and subsidized paper production ...
When we have just as big of a problem with Canada dumping government subsidized softwoods on the US Market.

Lol ... You don't want to get me started on engineered wood mils.
I was a third party trademarking and regulatory compliance auditor for almost every Plywood, OBS and Glulam mill in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi.
That was Louisiana and I drug up. They refused to stop the crane while we hooked up the dryer section. After almost getting hit by the crane hooking up the junction boxes I came down and asked them to shut it down long enough to wire them up.

Was told NO and get your ass back up there...........15minutes later my box was in my truck as I tossed my hardhat back over the fence at them.

My point was that as much as we want to talk about globalist, elitists and corporations ...
And as much as I could contribute to a discussion of what drives Production and exploring alternative markets ...
The fundamental views many hold towards logging, and environmental controls, do just as much towards pushing production offshore.
aka They just move the pollution somewhere else and say they are noble. Yep. They do that.

@iamwhatiseem mentioned China and subsidized paper production ...
When we have just as big of a problem with Canada dumping government subsidized softwoods on the US Market.
Why we have tariffs.............but can't do it when the politicians get paid to pass laws for them.

I drive by VAST pine forests everyday.............All we need to do is start it back up.

Not to mention fields not plowed right now. And Chemical plants shut down like Phosphorous plants for fertillizer...........we did it all til people like Biden got in office who sold to the highest bidder.

Forum List

Back