PC broadcast to digital tv possible?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Does anyone make a usb or other device which would allow my pc or laptop to output its audio and visual to any digital or even analog tv wirelessly?

What I would like to do is set Netflix playing on my laptop then view it on any tv in my home w/o plugging the laptop into it. I would think I could output my laptop to the frequency of tv channel 3-1 for example like I can any $10 mp3 player to a FM frequency.

Does this device exist?

Does anyone make a usb or other device which would allow my pc or laptop to output its audio and visual to any digital or even analog tv wirelessly?

What I would like to do is set Netflix playing on my laptop then view it on any tv in my home w/o plugging the laptop into it. I would think I could output my laptop to the frequency of tv channel 3-1 for example like I can any $10 mp3 player to a FM frequency.

Does this device exist?

What type of video in does your TV have? Most computers have HDMI output, which is compatible with most TVs.

My laptop has an HDMI slot. Plug the cord into the computer, the other end into my television... VOILA!

Last edited:
Yeah, I see all the HDMI antennae and what not, and I have an old laptop plugged into my living room tv by cord already.

I just thought there might be a way to get the laptop to output to either a digital or analog frequency my regular tv antennae can pick up. Like I can grab my crud MP3 player and take it from my car to the wife's and listen to my songs on an FM frequency.

Yeah, I see all the HDMI antennae and what not, and I have an old laptop plugged into my living room tv by cord already.

I just thought there might be a way to get the laptop to output to either a digital or analog frequency my regular tv antennae can pick up. Like I can grab my crud MP3 player and take it from my car to the wife's and listen to my songs on an FM frequency.

Why do that when you can get an HDMI cord for a lot less.

It would actually be easier to upgrade to a new TV that connects to the internet directly.

It appears to be easier!

Who would have thought my $10 MP3 player had an ability to broadcast my PC and Laptop do not lol.

I will quit the search.

It appears to be easier!

Who would have thought my $10 MP3 player had an ability to broadcast my PC and Laptop do not lol.

I will quit the search.

The problem is not that your laptop cannot broadcast, it is that your TV cannot receive the frequency it broadcasts on. The new TVs can receive WiFi.

It is called HDMI...if your TV/computer is older and doesn't have it...well...time to upgrade. HDMI has been around for several years now.

It is called HDMI...if your TV/computer is older and doesn't have it...well...time to upgrade. HDMI has been around for several years now.

Just a little amazement I can't buy anything to let my pc or laptop broadcast into the digital tv spectrum since my el cheapo mp3 player can broadcast fm.

I just ebayed a cord to allow my cell to plug into hdmi. That way I don't need to lug the laptop around.

Just a little amazement I can't buy anything to let my pc or laptop broadcast into the digital tv spectrum since my el cheapo mp3 player can broadcast fm.

I just ebayed a cord to allow my cell to plug into hdmi. That way I don't need to lug the laptop around.

Talk to the FCC, they don't let amateurs broadcast in those frequencies, which is why I keep telling you that it is easier to simply use a cable.

HDMI is a wonderful thing.
Europe had the rather badly designed SCART standard but it pales to nothing when compared with HDMI.
I changed my laptop, in part at least, to gain HDMI and, of course, all my new TVs (Including the projectors) are equipped with it.
The projectors, as you would imagine, are short of the sharp picture that a nice LCD or LED TV can offer but it's still the simple way to connect, thus, handy regardless.

Forum List

Back