🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

People....the real story of 9/11

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
I recall watching TV on 9/11.

Folks were going to blood banks. They just wanted to help.

Nobody was screaming to nuke the middle east.

They just wanted to care for each other (I know many people on both sides of the political spectrum who are simply generous).

I have never been more proud to be an American than at that time.

There are plenty of stories of people who are heros. That is what 9/11 is to me.

One of the saddest images of that day were all the doctors and nurses waiting outside a hospital, awaiting survivors.....who never came.

I hear you. But then a few days we got angry. Our politicians and the media sold us on a bullshit war and we all supported it (96%) We spent trillions of dollars and countless lives were lost. Then they gave us the Patriot Act. That's what I remember about 9/11.

9/12 was one of the most amazing days I can remember . Everyone was cool with each other. Waving flags , hanging on corners as everyone beeped at each other . We were as close as ever !

There had to be zero crime on that day .

I hear you. But then a few days we got angry. Our politicians and the media sold us on a bullshit war and we all supported it (96%) We spent trillions of dollars and countless lives were lost. Then they gave us the Patriot Act. That's what I remember about 9/11.
Going into Afghanistan was a Righteous Shoot.

Going into Iraq (much later) was not, and it took our eye off the ball in Afghanistan...

And, in connection with Afghanistan...

We should have been in-and-out of there within six months...

Catching al-Qaeda leadership and operatives in the mountain passes separating Afghanistan from Pakistan, slaughtering them, and hanging them upside down on crosses to rot...

And, in exiting the country, leaving the Taliban stumbling-about the smoking ruins of their strongholds...

Walking away, leaving them to rot, too, rather than pretending we know something about Nation Building in such a setting and in such an era...

Last edited:
And nobody gave a damn what color you were, what your religious beliefs were, or whether you were straight or not. They just wanted to help in any way they could.

images

o-98213488-570.jpg

o-911-FIRST-RESPONDERS-facebook.jpg

• Banned
Yep, that's what we need.

More emphasis on people and what they do for each other.

Forum List

Back