PGA Golf: Gentleman's Game? Tiger Woods , Disrespectful or Mistake?

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Garcia suggested that Woods could have shown better judgment in pulling a club from his bag early in their third round, telling NBC during a two-hour weather delay that he felt the timing of Woods' action distracted him.

Woods, though, disagreed.

Woods had hooked his tee shot into the trees and was trying to figure out his second shot to the par-5 second hole as Garcia waited to play his second from the fairway. After his shot sailed well to the right of the green, Garcia reacted angrily, looking over to the commotion surrounding Woods.

Garcia went on to bogey the hole. Woods got up-and-down for birdie from the right-greenside bunker.

"Well, obviously, Tiger was on the left, and it was my shot to hit,'' Garcia said in the television interview.

"He moved all the crowd that he needed to move. I waited for that. I wouldn't say that he didn't see that I was ready, but you do have a feel when the other guy is going to hit, and right as I was in the top of my backswing, I think he must have pulled like a 5-wood or a 3-wood and obviously everybody started screaming.

"So that didn't help very much. But it was unfortunate because -- I mean I might have hit it in there if nothing happens. You never know. But if I hit a good shot there and maybe make a birdie, it gets my day started in a bit of a different way.''

2013 Players Championship -- Sergio Garcia says Tiger Woods distracted him during shot - ESPN

Tiger is putting the blame on the officials saying they told him it was okay to hit. There should be an investigation.

Last edited:
Actually Garcia is to blame.

But I digress...

Garcia has always been a whiny little fuck with a history of choking. What is different here is he didn't wait until he got back to Spain before blaming someone in the crowd for rattling the change in their pocket. Like so many chronic second tier performers he probably hopes to be judged in the same paragraph as the first tier names he drops.

Actually Garcia is to blame.

But I digress...

Garcia has always been a whiny little fuck with a history of choking. What is different here is he didn't wait until he got back to Spain before blaming someone in the crowd for rattling the change in their pocket. Like so many chronic second tier performers he probably hopes to be judged by the first tier names he drops.

Obviously the rules were broken. Was it the officials or Tiger?

Update: TPC course marshals deny giving Woods the all-clear to pluck his 5 wood.
Despite this, replays show that Garcia was addressing the ball and not in the middle of his backswing when Woods gallery erupted; therefore, had time to step away, pause, and collect himself which he failed to do.
Garcia is a whiner.

Forum List

Back