Physicist Stephen Hawkings dies at the age of 78

"When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful." - SH

TysomHawkn.jpg

One of my all time heroes is now gone! If you would like to give him a tribute please do! Please let me know if there are others who have passed that effected you in a possitive way and please name them!

Hawkings was a joke, kept rambling about how we are all doomed.
My personal favorite:

For over 30 years all theoretical physicists and cosmologists based their studies on his theory that black holes were so gravitationally powerful that not even light could escape.

Then one day...30 years later...he realized that light could escape, and his famous black holes became gray holes. Forgot to carry the 2.

When death is the most natural thing after birth, it is somewhat misguided to call it a tragedy; everyone must pass there. More interesting for a person of Hawking's stature, one would think, would be the immense interest in witnessing that great transition we call 'death' (because we humans must have names for everything, even those we understand not at all). Such a mind as his must have ambled as much in the metaphysic as the quantum. Now he knows, or he knows nothing.

The fact that he lasted so long in a twisted helpless state hooked up to a machine is a tribute to Brit medical technology. Maybe now he will get to see if his theory of a Godless universe is correct.

He will float in forever darkness , his consciousness had no place to go since he believed in nothing.
Oh, that's right. Your God is a petty God who would be bothered by the fact that someone doesn't believe in him, even though your God never bothered to provide one iota of proof that he ever existed. Your God is an asshole, so who would want to be with him anyway?

Anyone who would limit 'God' does not understand 'God'. 'God' 'forgives' what 'God' forgives, and not what anyone decides for 'God'. Is there anyone who believes in 'God' who believes 'God' is not great enough to 'forgive' anyone 'God' wishes to?

Forum List

Back