Piano, keyboards, synthesizers....

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Oscar Peterson is the first one who I think of, as I've gotten older and broadened my musical horizons a bit.

Being a progressive rock and metal fan, some of the best I know of are Rick Wakeman, Jon Lord, Tony Banks and later Jordan Rudess and Derek Sherinian.
Short Jordan Rudess at the airport clip.....

Diana Krall is a great jazz performer and Martha Argerich is an amazing concert pianist, who at 81 or 82 now, still performs with orchestras- entire pieces without sheet music- all from memory.
2022 ( this was uploaded 2 weeks ago )

I always liked Billy Powell of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Burton Cummings of The Guess Who, Elton John ( one of the greatest songwriters ever) Billy Joel is still great.

Last edited:
Paul Shaffer is another incredible talent on keys.
Back in 2017, at the Rochester (NY) Music Hall of Fame inductions, I heard him play a version of Jimi Hendrix's "Little WIng" that was amazing. He performed it in memory of Lew Soloff, of Blood, Sweat & Tears, at the request of Soloff's daughters. Soloff was eing inducted that night.

I'd only ever hear this song performed on guitar:

And, apologies for the crappy quality (I didn't take it), but here's a photo of me and Paul backstage prior to the show:

IMG_1315-1.jpg

Forum List

Back