pizzza man shot in st, louis

Back in the 80's pizza delivery started red lining violent black hoods. Hopefully that practice continues.

Backs in the 1980s when I was a teenager I moonlighted delivering pizzas for Dominos pizza. I packed a handgun, but I never had to shoot anybody. But one time I was delivering to an apartment complex that was getting a bit shady at the time. I drove into the parking lot in back and got the heebie jeebies because I noticed that the parking lot lights were out, which was highly unusual.

When I got out of my car some crazy-eyed negro with a knife came out of the shadows and demanded the pizza, my money and my car keys. I threw the just out of a 650 degree oven hot pizza in his face, quickly got back into my 1976 Trans Am and got the fuck out of there. And I hit him with the car in the process.
You are brave for going into a high crime area in the first place. I remember in the DC Area about 30 years ago, a Dominoes franchise got sued for discrimination because they wouldn’t go into a certain neighborhood or a certain neighborhood without conditions. Surprisingly, the franchise won because of the statistics and incidents they produced.

You are brave for going into a high crime area in the first place. I remember in the DC Area about 30 years ago, a Dominoes franchise got sued for discrimination because they wouldn’t go into a certain neighborhood or a certain neighborhood without conditions. Surprisingly, the franchise won because of the statistics and incidents they produced.
I was very comfortable in that area because I grew up about a block away. Many of my childhood friends lived in that apartment complex. I knew the area inside and out.

I knew that all those parking lot lights that were out were on three different electric circuits. I also noticed that the access panel on one of utility poles was all bent like somebody had pried it open. I knew the maintenance guy there was very professional and that was definitely not something he would do. It had been obviously been purposefully vandalized.

And violent crime had started spiking there recently. It was the 1980s, the start of the crack wars in this city.

I think that's why I just got a really bad feeling. The heebie jeebies, so to speak. I didn't know why at the time, but I got very anxious. Sometimes you should just go with your gut feeling. Intuition.

In retrospect, I should have just listened to my intuition, turned around and left as soon as I smelled something fishy going on. But I was just a teenager, I didn't have the street smarts and wisdom that I do now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back