POLICE STATE: Dallas Shooting Suspect Killed By Bomb-Equipped Robot...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
New toys for the Police State. Gettin pretty spooky, no? '1984' stuff. Was this justified? What do you think?

Dallas Police Chief Defends Use of ā€˜Bomb Robotā€™ to Kill Suspected Sniper

"I approved it, and I'll do it again if presented with the same circumstances"

Dallas Police Chief David Brown on Sunday defended his departmentā€™s decision to use a robot rigged with a bomb to take down a suspected sniper believed to have shot dead at least five police officers last Thursday.

During an interview with CNNā€™s State of the Union, the police chief addressed criticism his department has been facing for using the controversial technology, which ended a two-hour long standoff withMicah Johnson. ā€œI approved it,ā€ Brown said. ā€œAnd Iā€™ll do it again if presented with the same circumstances.ā€

Dallas police detonated an explosive device known as a ā€œbomb-disposal robot,ā€ while Johnson was holed up on the second floor of a building, laughing and taunting negotiators, Brown said Sunday. The 25-year-old gunmanā€”an Army veteran who acted aloneā€”was killed on the spot...

Read More:
Dallas Police Chief Defends Use of 'Bomb Robot' to Kill Suspected Sniper
DRUDGE REPORT 2016Ā®

New toys for the Police State. Gettin pretty spooky, no? '1984' stuff. Was this justified? What do you think?

Dallas Police Chief David Brown on Sunday defended his departmentā€™s decision to use a robot rigged with a bomb to take down a suspected sniper believed to have shot dead at least five police officers last Thursday.

During an interview with CNNā€™s State of the Union, the police chief addressed criticism his department has been facing for using the controversial technology, which ended a two-hour long standoff withMicah Johnson. ā€œI approved it,ā€ Brown said. ā€œAnd Iā€™ll do it again if presented with the same circumstances.ā€

Dallas police detonated an explosive device known as a ā€œbomb-disposal robot,ā€ while Johnson was holed up on the second floor of a building, laughing and taunting negotiators, Brown said Sunday. The 25-year-old gunmanā€”an Army veteran who acted aloneā€”was killed on the spot...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016Ā®

Don't open fire on cops then barricade self when you have proved to be an obvious threat to the public and drastic actions won't need to be taken

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016Ā®
Don't open fire on cops then barricade self when you have proved to be an obvious threat to the public and drastic actions won't need to be taken

I hear ya, but 'Bomb-Equipped Robots?' Wow. What will they come up with next?

The way this standoff was terminated is perfectly justified. It was expedient, well deserved, and at the bottom line it saved the taxpayers a great deal of money.

On the other hand, the way the standoff at Waco was terminated not only is un-justified it stands as the worst example of criminal negligence and gross incompetence in the history of American law enforcement.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016Ā®

I hear ya, but 'Bomb-Equipped Robots?' Wow. What will they come up with next?
Well they have had robots for a long time they probably just attached a bomb to it more than likely a grenade

Technology properly and justly applied. They should use more technology to keep them and the public safer. Hey What do you think about this? I think cops should use video drones to check out vehicles before they approach it.

I say place that phone call to Detroit to see if RoboCop is available....

robocop.jpg

Technology properly and justly applied. They should use more technology to keep them and the public safer. Hey What do you think about this? I think cops should use video drones to check out vehicles before they approach it.

It's coming.

I am glad that no more cops had to die because of butt hurt assholes like you believing that they should put themselves in extra danger. Good for the police.

Piss off. It's a discussion. You're the one who's butt hurt. Move along son. Bye.

ACLU will put this down soon enough .

Killbots = trouble . Have sci fi movies taught us nothing?

You could argue its murder .
Let's see that argument.

It's like this . You can't use deadly force unless there's a risk to life . If this guy is all barricaded and can go nowhere , you send a bot in. The robot is not in danger , why set to kill? Why not set it wh stun grenades like usual ?

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016Ā®

Had the man been at home minding his own business as I was, he would not have had any encounter. He would be alive today.

how did he act alone?

the guy on the ground baited the cops so that the sniper could pick them off.

As usual, the Government/Corporate Media fed us a false narrative. Their whole 'Group Ambush' tale is falling apart under closer scrutiny. It's looking more like it was a crazed 'lone wolf' attack.

And it doesn't look like there was some grand complex planning either. He brought a gun, looked for some cops, and then he shot at em. Never believe the initial Government/Corporate Media narratives. They lie. It's what they do.

how did he act alone?

the guy on the ground baited the cops so that the sniper could pick them off.

As usual, the Government/Corporate Media fed us a false narrative. Their whole 'Group Ambush' tale is falling apart under closer scrutiny. It's looking more like it was a crazed 'lone wolf' attack.

And it doesn't look like there was some grand complex planning either. He brought a gun, looked for some cops, and then he shot at em. Never believe the initial Government/Corporate Media narratives. They lie. It's what they do.
he did well then! just shooting them from behind those pillars.

Forum List

Back