Political Allegory #1

Xarm

Nov 6, 2013
Lets start easy, a homeless man comes to you and asks for shelter for a day, what do you do?

Lets start easy, a homeless man comes to you and asks for shelter for a day, what do you do?

I'll play. With no other information available, as long he doesn't seem threatening, and I have room to spare, I let him spend the night.

I was going to wait for more responses but the political allegory will be revealed as individualism. You can obviously turn him/her away, accept them, or maybe give them some supplies for down the road. The idea will be do you act like this to just this special case or for all impoverished people.

I was going to wait for more responses but the political allegory will be revealed as individualism. You can obviously turn him/her away, accept them, or maybe give them some supplies for down the road. The idea will be do you act like this to just this special case or for all impoverished people./QUOTE]

wrong idea.

people may let a particular homeless person spend the night in their home because of the moral beliefs but that does not transfer for the same people willing to flush down the toilet billions on a failed "war on poverty".

those are two diametrically opposed things.

Usually the ones who are all for spending the tax dollars for the failed government projects won't let anybody homeless even close to their door.
And vice verse.

I was going to wait for more responses but the political allegory will be revealed as individualism. You can obviously turn him/her away, accept them, or maybe give them some supplies for down the road. The idea will be do you act like this to just this special case or for all impoverished people./QUOTE]

wrong idea.

people may let a particular homeless person spend the night in their home because of the moral beliefs but that does not transfer for the same people willing to flush down the toilet billions on a failed "war on poverty".

those are two diametrically opposed things.

Usually the ones who are all for spending the tax dollars for the failed government projects won't let anybody homeless even close to their door.
And vice verse.

baby steps, the government does not need to step in to fight poverty. Its a very legitimate argument that when social reform occurs from the top to the bottom it gets so funneled that its not really helping anyone.

Forum List

Back