"POP" goes the weasel!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Dems: Prolonged shutdown will give us leverage on debt limit - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

This is the only way to handle it, in my estimation. Go for the debt ceiling while they have no leverage, because they've used it all trying to kill ACA.

“This is now all together,” said Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (Ill.) about blending the two issues.

Previously, Democrats were resistant to such an idea. That was at least in part because President Obama is refusing to negotiate on the debt limit. But a Democratic senator told The Hill this week that is no longer a concern, saying the White House can effectively deal with the GOP’s tactics.

Democrats are eager to deal with the debt limit now, when polls show most of the public blames Republicans for the shutdown. They contend it would be difficult for the GOP to make additional demands linked to the debt limit while they’re embroiled in a crisis over a six-weekend spending stopgap.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Democrats will gain more leverage in the debt-limit fight as the government shutdown drags on.

“They are effectively hurting themselves big time,” she said, arguing that 72 percent of the intelligence community’s civilian workforce will be furloughed because of what she described as Tea Party-fueled obstruction.

Oh, good! Less intel. Yeah, that's exactly where I want my country to be.

Good, that means fewer Americans are being spied on.

As for the debt ceiling. How about we just don't put ourselves in a position where we have to raise it. Is that really too much to ask.

Last edited:
  • Banned

As for the debt ceiling. How about we just don't put ourselves in a positn where we have to raise it. Is that really too much to ask.

The debt ceiling is not something to be negotiated. Congress already spent that money. Barn door open, horse gone.

And the intel comment doesn't even bear addressing.

Yeah, the dems have a broom handle up bohner's backside. And, what this ultimately means probably is that the debt ceiling will be raised with the dems having to give fewer spending concessions than we could have forced BUT FOR THE IDIOT TPM.

As for the debt ceiling. How about we just don't put ourselves in a positn where we have to raise it. Is that really too much to ask.

The debt ceiling is not something to be negotiated. Congress already spent that money. Barn door open, horse gone.

If the money's already been spent then fine. But let's not allow ourselves to reach this point again. Close down some foreign military bases, dismantle the DHS, simplify the tax code and slash the IRS, and stop increasing spending just for the sake of increasing spending.

As for the intel comment. Come on, you know I'm right. Just admit it.:tongue:

• Banned

If the money's already been spent then fine. But let's not allow ourselves to reach this point again. Close down some foreign military bases, dismantle the DHS, simplify the tax code and slash the IRS, and stop increasing spending just for the sake of increasing spending.

No. You're not right. Your statement should have been more along the lines of "Great. Guess our people in the middle east are fucked then."

By the way. Do you have this "reach this point again" chat all the time? Or just when there's a Democratic president.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Sure it is. We set a limit, stop spending, pay down our debt and start being accountable.

• Banned

Sure it is. We set a limit, stop spending, pay down our debt and start being accountable.

Yes. Sure.

We do that AFTER our bills have been paid. The debt ceiling hostage-taking bullshit needs to stop.

And you know? All these months. All this shit - and I have YET to see anybody pull the plug on corporate warfare.

Not even close. Not even a blip of discussion.

No. You're not right. Your statement should have been more along the lines of "Great. Guess our people in the middle east are fucked then."

By the way. Do you have this "reach this point again" chat all the time? Or just when there's a Democratic president.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Bad, bad assumptions. Obviously you didn't know me back when Bush was in office. I was just as vocal back then.

And don't even post that graph at me. I've fucking had it with people posting that graph claiming Obama is a small spender. That graph represents INCREASES in spending. He's still spending more than Bush though.

And if we don't have the money to keep our troops overseas then good, get them on the next plane home.

she described as Tea Party-fueled obstruction.

Read: "We liked it better when Republicans just pretended to be the opposition party instead of acting like one."

Yes. Sure.

We do that AFTER our bills have been paid. The debt ceiling hostage-taking bullshit needs to stop.

And you know? All these months. All this shit - and I have YET to see anybody pull the plug on corporate warfare.

Not even close. Not even a blip of discussion.

Let's not stop at corporate warfare. Let's add to this list: social engineering, welfare, excessive spending on military etc. I've yet to see these numbers decline either.

OUr national debt has gone from 10 trillion to 17 trillion under O. You can play semantics all day long but that does not change the fact that under O, we have spent an additional 7 trillion dollars in 4 years.

Only fools continue to point out that everybody is wrong that doesn't agree with them.

Except your interpretation of what that graph means IS WRONG

OH NOES!! Whatever the fuck shall you do!? Somebody on the internet disagrees with you!!

I'd call 911 before things get all melty over there.

No need to call anyone. I'm rather enjoying watching you display your ignorance of the subject.

Please continue.

Forum List

Back