Pope Francis' thoughts on capitalism

This guy :eusa_angel: is looking better and better and I'm not even a Christian.

Pope Francis attacks 'tyranny' of unfettered capitalism, 'idolatry of money' - World News
(snip)
Pope Francis called for renewal of the Roman Catholic Church and attacked unfettered capitalism as "a new tyranny," urging global leaders to fight poverty and growing inequality in the first major work he has authored alone as pontiff.

Francis went further than previous comments criticizing the global economic system, attacking the "idolatry of money" and beseeching politicians to guarantee all citizens "dignified work, education and healthcare."

Pope Francis has, no doubt, heard of this in the turn of the millenium orgy on Wall Street U.S. (epicenter of capitalism):

USATODAY.com - Report: Tyco CEO spent $6,000 for shower curtain
Dennis Kozlowski indulged his lavish tastes — including a $6,000 shower curtain — with millions in company money and much of it was not reported to shareholders, a published report said.

capitalism might be the most efficient at production but that doesn't always equate to morality, as we have witnessed over and over as can be witnessed by the majority of gains over the past few years have gone, quelle surprise!!! :doubt:, to the Top :monopolyman:

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

We may get to see a Pope getting fired soon. I know for sure that he will burn up soon along with the rest of this world.

This guy :eusa_angel: is looking better and better and I'm not even a Christian.

Pope Francis attacks 'tyranny' of unfettered capitalism, 'idolatry of money' - World News
(snip)
Pope Francis called for renewal of the Roman Catholic Church and attacked unfettered capitalism as "a new tyranny," urging global leaders to fight poverty and growing inequality in the first major work he has authored alone as pontiff.

Francis went further than previous comments criticizing the global economic system, attacking the "idolatry of money" and beseeching politicians to guarantee all citizens "dignified work, education and healthcare."

Pope Francis has, no doubt, heard of this in the turn of the millenium orgy on Wall Street U.S. (epicenter of capitalism):

Dennis Kozlowski indulged his lavish tastes — including a $6,000 shower curtain — with millions in company money and much of it was not reported to shareholders, a published report said.

capitalism might be the most efficient at production but that doesn't always equate to morality, as we have witnessed over and over as can be witnessed by the majority of gains over the past few years have gone, quelle surprise!!! :doubt:, to the Top :monopolyman:

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

We may get to see a Pope getting fired soon. I know for sure that he will burn up soon along with the rest of this world.

1) who would "fire" him?
2) how do you know he will burn up? His sins?
3) how do you know the "rest of this world" will "burn up"?

jk

(snip)

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

Where is there "unfettered capitalism?"

And Tyco wasn't a Wall Street firm.

Last edited:
see: 2007- to the present. Wall st has an army/horde of lobbyists to get their *cough* views across. see: the watering down of Dodd Frank.

Wall Street is not "unfettered capitalism."

It's like calling what Obama is doing "communism."

"Wall Street" or as I refer to it: "Las Vegas East" is exactly that. They privatize their *cough* "earnings" & socialize their losses. They very seldom go to jail for their white collar theft crimes, the equivalent of which the average joe would spend their entire adult lives in jail for. They get a "pass" from the Establishment, two party hegemony to keep the charade going.

Last edited:
see: 2007- to the present. Wall st has an army/horde of lobbyists to get their *cough* views across. see: the watering down of Dodd Frank.

Wall Street is not "unfettered capitalism."

It's like calling what Obama is doing "communism."

"Wall Street" or as I refer to it: "Las Vegas East" is exactly that. They privatize their earning & socialize their losses. They very seldom go to jail for their white collar theft crimes, the equivalent of which the average joe would spend their entire adult lives in jail for. They get a "pass" from the Establishment, two party hegemony to keep the charade going.

And?

It's not "unfettered capitalism" any more than Democrats are "communists."

(snip)

Discuss...

bth_Monopoly-Man.jpg

One wonders how this will impact PC? Will she toss the Pope under the bus; or admit that Capitalism isn't always (ever?) moral?

One wonders how this will impact PC? Will she toss the Pope under the bus; or admit that Capitalism isn't always (ever?) moral?

good point. This thread also reminded me of your thread in the the Right?Left paradigm is obsolete and its the new gilded age of the "haves" and the "have-nots". I want PoliChic's "take" on this too ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/325048-is-the-left-right-paradigm-obsolete.html

also, one senator, maybe more, has commented: http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsr...cis-call-to-rein-in-the-tyranny-of-capitalism

Last edited:
I know this isn't going to change anyone's mind.

It the Catholic church has immense holdings and investments, doesn't that mean that church money is providing jobs for people? Oh course, the holdings certainly include churches, monasteries, and other religion edifices. It should somehow divest itself of places its members go to for religious purposes?

its had to pay 100's of million's in recent lawsuit settlements so it is a little less rich than it was. Wonder what their net holdings are worth now?

good point. This thread also reminded me of your thread in the the Right?Left paradigm is obsolete and its the new gilded age of the "haves" and the "have-nots". I want PoliChic's "take" on this too ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/325048-is-the-left-right-paradigm-obsolete.html

also, one senator, maybe more, has commented: Sanders Applauds Pope Francis? Call to Rein in the ?Tyranny? of Capitalism - Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont

it won't change anybody's mind at all. what YOU perceive what Pope is saying is very far away from what he IS actually saying, so there is no need for PC to toss anything or anybody under the bus :D

Forum List

Back