Poster Child for Legalization? Chattanooga Shooter had multiple addictions

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Chattanooga Shooter Researched Religious Justification For Violence Official - Yahoo

Ok so not only did this guy self-medicate, but had issues with drunk driving, abuse of both legal and illegal drugs,
and who knows if he had any paranoid delusions made worse by marijuana.

But all the politically correct sources will say:
* marijuana causes no harm and is non-addictive
* marijuana does not cause paranoia or alter anyone's personality
* nobody ever died from using marijuana

All across the country, while people are pushing to legalize drugs, not punish the choice of drug use, and not to hold drug users accountable for any health care costs or issues they may self-induce by such choices,

at the same time, the choice of how to pay for health care is regulated, restricted and punished with a fine if a citizen chooses another way to pay besides buying insurance.

And this is claimed as holding people responsible.

But not people who do drugs? Drug users deserve their freedom to do whatever and be trusted to pay the cost of those choices; but not law abiding taxpayers who aren't trusted to choose their own way of paying for health care? They have to be threatened with punishment, to take responsibility for their health, but not drug users?

Why is THAT choice more important to be freed from restriction, regardless of the risk to one's health and finances, but the choice to pay for health care is regulated and fined where citizens are NOT trusted with THAT choice?

Makes no sense. If this type of politics doesn't drive you crazy, you were already there!

But all the politically correct sources will say:
* marijuana causes no harm and is non-addictive
* marijuana does not cause paranoia or alter anyone's personality
* nobody ever died from using marijuana

--- which is true. And cannabis is not a "drug" anyway. This is completely ignoring the pertinent part of the story, which is:

In a downward spiral, Abdulazeez would abuse sleeping pills, opioids, painkillers and marijuana, along with alcohol, the representative said.​

At least three of which could bring on violent fits in a subject already suffering mental illness, not to mention whatever combinations he may have had.

A good cannabis stupor would have rendered him pretty much incapable of shooting people. Perhaps he didn't have enough.

Or, it's a cover up by the family so no one says they raised a terrorist.

He's already being called a troubled teen. He's 24 years old. No teen about it.

Nor does the word 'teen' appear anywhere in the article. Or in this thread.

Are you on drugs?

Nor does the word 'teen' appear anywhere in the article. Or in this thread.

Are you on drugs?
I've been listening to him called a troubled teen all day. The world does not begin and end with this message board. Except for you.

Islam is the root cause of this tragedy.

I would say the root cause is Ill Will and Unforgiveness.
The Christians Muslims and Jews who practice forgiveness get along great despite any cultural or religious differences they have.

People who don't forgive run the risk of this escalating into
ill will, bullying, retribution, revenge killing, all kinds of mental and social ills.

If you look at all cases of crimes, abuses, mental illness etc.
you will see where the person 'got stuck' and couldn't forgive some conflict or issue
and then projected that forward, even tying more negative emotions to it until it snowballed.

The key to undoing that negative cycle
is to agree to receive forgiveness and healing and let go, accept things without attaching
negative emotions and expectations, and this quits the negative projection games you'll find behind all mental illness, social ills and disorders, crimes, abuses and violations against people, property or principles. it all starts with not forgiving something in the past so it projects forward and repeats.

The whole point of Christ Jesus represents a break in that vicious cycle
where people agree to seek corrections and healing in the spirit of truth and justice to bring peace.
And agree to swear off from the path of destruction, hate and war.

The Christians Muslims and Jews who practice forgiveness get along great despite any cultural or religious differences they have.

ill will, bullying, retribution, revenge killing, all kinds of mental and social ills.

you will see where the person 'got stuck' and couldn't forgive some conflict or issue
and then projected that forward, even tying more negative emotions to it until it snowballed.

is to agree to receive forgiveness and healing and let go, accept things without attaching
negative emotions and expectations, and this quits the negative projection games you'll find behind all mental illness, social ills and disorders, crimes, abuses and violations against people, property or principles. it all starts with not forgiving something in the past so it projects forward and repeats.

where people agree to seek corrections and healing in the spirit of truth and justice to bring peace.
With a last name like yours, I know you've had Thai stick...

Though unquestionably a person with a warped world view, the attacker was quite sane. We have already seen people try to make excuses, but I'm not buying it. We have millions of young men who have debt, smoke weed, are depressed, and are trying to find their way in this world - but they are not growing beards and attacking the US military.
The attacker was very clear headed about what he was doing, why he was doing it, and the long-view context of his role in a global, religious war.
This was just one in a series of attacks of this kind. If you have forgotten, Streiff has a nice summary for you. Oh, and yes; there will be more. CDR Salamander

Is the OP seriously suggesting this was caused by marijuana? I mean, seriously? :lol:

No, I'm saying how can anyone promote marijuana
when it compounds the problems people already have.

How can you argue it is never dangerous enough to be fatal. Just because it isn't a direct or sole cause, doesn't mean it isn't a major contributing factor in making problems worse or escalate to irreversible damage.

Is the OP seriously suggesting this was caused by marijuana? I mean, seriously? :lol:

No, I'm saying how can anyone promote marijuana
when it compounds the problems people already have.

How can you argue it is never dangerous enough to be fatal. Just because it isn't a direct or sole cause, doesn't mean it isn't a major contributing factor in making problems worse or escalate to irreversible damage.

I don't promote marijuana; I promote freedom. How about you?

With a last name like yours, I know you've had Thai stick...

I don't know what you are referring to, but my parents both are of Vietnamese Buddhist backgrounds.
Not Thai.

By your name and Avatar, perhaps you are a closet Moonie gone Rogue.
You have left the cult, and like to mess with other people
by dropping your pants and posting brain farts for their reading pleasure.

Forum List

Back