President George W. Bush Addresses Muslims in the Aftermath of the 9/11 Attacks

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
September 20, 2001

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them.

George W. Bush Addresses Muslims in the Aftermath of the 9/11 Attacks

The Rhetoric of 9/11: President George W. Bush -- Address to Joint Session of Congress and the American People (9-20-01)

Republicans should heed Bush's words on Islam.

Last edited:
September 20, 2001

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them.

The Rhetoric of 9/11: President George W. Bush -- Address to Joint Session of Congress and the American People (9-20-01)

Sorry, but all the grown ups have gone to bed. The children run the Republican party now. They are mostly Nazis.

Truisms, always of interest!

171527_600.jpg

September 20, 2001

Thanks. It's been so long since I've heard a qualified president' s remarks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

September 20, 2001

Qualified? Good, so that means you disagree with all the anti-Syrian refugee rhetoric?

September 20, 2001

Qualified? Good, so that means you disagree with all the anti-Syrian refugee rhetoric?

Did I say that? And no, I'm anti terrorist refugees

September 20, 2001

And as liberals are fond of pointing out; Bush is an idiot. What's your point?

September 20, 2001

Sorry, but all the grown ups have gone to bed. The children run the Republican party now. They are mostly Nazis.

They're better described as fascists.

Forum List

Back