President Trump needs to hold prime time oval office address for wall like Reagan did for tax cuts!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
He ought to have an Oval Office address, serious and calm

When he wants to be presidential, he can be presidential

He should sit in the Oval Office, be presidential, be serious, and say, ‘Look, a lot of wild things are said during a campaign. They’ve been said by me, by my opponents, but illegal immigration is a serious issue and it’s hurting the least among us.’ And he should sit in the Oval office and play the clips of Nanchuck promoting this. He could give a devastating address and put the Democrats so much on the defensive

This could be a huge political win and save his presidency if he makes this a major public issue. The Democrats cannot win if people are allowed to talk about immigration. That’s why the plan was always been: Don’t let people talk about it and don’t let people think about it.

He should sit in the Oval Office, be presidential, be serious, and say, ‘Look, a lot of wild things are said during a campaign. They’ve been said by me, by my opponents, but illegal immigration is a serious issue and it’s hurting the least among us.’ And he should sit in the Oval office and play the clips of Nanchuck promoting this. He could give a devastating address and put the Democrats so much on the defensive

This could be a huge political win and save his presidency if he makes this a major public issue. The Democrats cannot win if people are allowed to talk about immigration. That’s why the plan was always been: Don’t let people talk about it and don’t let people think about it.

That might be a good idea if Trump was capable of giving a serious speech without lots of crazy conspiracy theories thrown in. Unfortunately, he has never done that, and I doubt he is capable of it.

Anyone who saw the Ray Goon give his propaganda talks would not accept anything like that again.

Every president in the past has used the bully pulpit that they have. Barack Obama, when he wanted to get Obamacare passed, called a joint session of Congress to address them on the issue, prime time live. When Ronald Reagan wanted to get his tax cuts passed, he had an Oval Office address. It was one of his best. He encouraged Americans to call and wire Congress with telegrams, and it was effective. Tip O’Neill famously said, ‘We’ve got a telegraph blizzard hitting us on Capitol Hill,’ because Ronald Reagan was telling Americans to contact their representatives to vote for his tax bill. I don’t understand why Trump doesn’t use an Oval Office address

I think that is a GREAT idea, and I hope such a thing is in the works.

First rule of warfare is you pick the battlefield. As long as he picks immigration, he will win. Democrats can’t help themselves. They will say things that will enrage the average American.

First rule of warfare is you pick the battlefield. As long as he picks immigration, he will win. Democrats can’t help themselves. They will say things that will enrage the average American.

1/3 of the electorate isn't enough to be considered the average American.

Forum List

Back