Prices jump for individual insurance premiums

For all those complaining that this is somehow the fault of "Obamacare". You couldn't be further from understanding what is happening. Health care costs were sky rocketing before any health care legislation was passed, this in fact was one of the major factors in the Democrats push for passing new legislation. However, the legislation that passed was so completely watered down that it wouldn't allow the portion intended to control costs to pass. So what you ended up with is the same insurance companies in control and raising rates at the same rate or even more now. So if you're upset, thank your congressmen who wanted no part in voting for a bill that actually would have done some good for controlling costs.

You are the one who doesn't understand. The stated purpose of Obamacare was to make coverage AFFORDABLE. It has failed. What the unstated purpose of Obamacare is, is to control one sixth of the US economy. Obama is well on his way to achieving that goal.

For all those complaining that this is somehow the fault of "Obamacare". You couldn't be further from understanding what is happening. Health care costs were sky rocketing before any health care legislation was passed, this in fact was one of the major factors in the Democrats push for passing new legislation. However, the legislation that passed was so completely watered down that it wouldn't allow the portion intended to control costs to pass. So what you ended up with is the same insurance companies in control and raising rates at the same rate or even more now. So if you're upset, thank your congressmen who wanted no part in voting for a bill that actually would have done some good for controlling costs.

You are the one who doesn't understand. The stated purpose of Obamacare was to make coverage AFFORDABLE. It has failed.

Affordability was one major portion of the original purpose of health care reform. It has failed in the regard, like I already said because republicans killed all hope for those portions of the bill passing. Thanks for agreeing with me though.

What the unstated purpose of Obamacare is, is to control one sixth of the US economy. Obama is well on his way to achieving that goal.
Ok, I'll bite......how is he doing this exactly? This should be enlightening.

You are the one who doesn't understand. The stated purpose of Obamacare was to make coverage AFFORDABLE. It has failed. What the unstated purpose of Obamacare is, is to control one sixth of the US economy. Obama is well on his way to achieving that goal.

the public option or the nonprofit coop option was suppose to give the insurance companies COMPETITION to keep the prices down....this was killed by republicans and the insurance lobby....this bill ended up, no thanks to conservatives and some Dems in the insurance lobby pocket, a golden egg giveaway....to the insurance industry.

the public option or the nonprofit coop option was suppose to give the insurance companies COMPETITION to keep the prices down....this was killed by republicans and the insurance lobby....this bill ended up, no thanks to conservatives and some Dems in the insurance lobby pocket, a golden egg giveaway....to the insurance industry.

go peddle that bullshit somewhere else. ya moron, they passed the health care vote with 51 votes, they could have included the public option if they had so chosen. the cowardly demonRats needed realllllllly special deals you asswipes cannot even take responsibility for your own fucking failures.

go peddle that bullshit somewhere else. ya moron, they passed the health care vote with 51 votes, they could have included the public option if they had so chosen. the cowardly demonRats needed realllllllly special deals you asswipes cannot even take responsibility for your own fucking failures.

it was filibustered, needing the 60 votes to break it dear, and bring it to cloture....then the mere 50% plus one vote could pass it.

it was filibustered, needing the 60 votes to break it dear, and bring it to cloture....then the mere 50% plus one vote could pass it.

yes, darling and at the time you had 60/40.. in the Senate. so don't blame it on Republicans.

You are the one who doesn't understand. The stated purpose of Obamacare was to make coverage AFFORDABLE. It has failed.

Affordability was one major portion of the original purpose of health care reform. It has failed in the regard, like I already said because republicans killed all hope for those portions of the bill passing. Thanks for agreeing with me though.

What the unstated purpose of Obamacare is, is to control one sixth of the US economy. Obama is well on his way to achieving that goal.

Affordability was killed when coverage could not be declined for pre-existing conditions. The government sticking its nose into the health care industry with more rules and controls did that too.

0bama wants prices to continue to rise, so he can try for a public option again. Then the feds can run all our lives (and deaths).

Affordability was killed when coverage could not be declined for pre-existing conditions.

Insurance companies could deny based upon pre-existing conditions before and costs were still rising, so that pretty much debunks any of this.

The government sticking its nose into the health care industry with more rules and controls did that too.

Which rules contributed to higher costs? I'll wait, take your time.

It has failed.

That's an assessment that might be better saved for after the law is implemented.

ya moron, they passed the health care vote with 51 votes, they could have included the public option if they had so chosen.

That doesn't follow. The Senate bill passed with 60 votes (and the reconciliation bill with 56 votes) in the absence of a public option. Those vote totals would likely have changed with the addition of a public option.

Hmmm...... If the Republicans Screwed up BO Care then, why did BO not Veto it and get it correct the next time around :confused:

It has failed.

That's an assessment that might be better saved for after the law is implemented.

ya moron, they passed the health care vote with 51 votes, they could have included the public option if they had so chosen.

That doesn't follow. The Senate bill passed with 60 votes (and the reconciliation bill with 56 votes) in the absence of a public option. Those vote totals would likely have changed with the addition of a public option.

Yes the vote totals would have been smaller. Blue Dog Dems would have helped kill it in numbers. The law is being implemented already. Taxes are in the process of being raised, inclusion has begun, the health care industry is reacting with layoffs, cost increases and scaled back services.

The law is being implemented already. Taxes are in the process of being raised, inclusion has begun, the health care industry is reacting with layoffs, cost increases and scaled back services.

Perhaps a handy implementation timeline would be helpful.

health-care-reform.jpg

I have a question in Scenario Form.

Say that I do not have HC coverage and in 2014 my fine is 95.00, I continue on to 2015 and my fine is 325.00, carry on to 2016 and my fine is 695.00, realize now I have been saving the 350.00 per month (or higher as the years go on) Insurance payment for 7 years or 29,400.00 (actually more with costs going up)

Then in July of 2017, I get sick and sign up for HC Insurance for say 400.00 for that month. Now with the new BO plan I cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

I just cannot see how this plan can do anything but drive HC Insurance Costs thru the roof or cost taxpayers Billions if very many people did the same Scenario.

Please explain :confused:

Not much to explain. Insurance is and has always been about protecting you from an unforeseen risk. If you do away with the incentive to pay monthly premiums while your well, it defeats the very fabric of insurance.

Not much to explain. Insurance is and has always been about protecting you from an unforeseen risk. If you do away with the incentive to pay monthly premiums while your well, it defeats the very fabric of insurance.

I used to sell Insurance, that part is well known.

The part about how this BO Care is actually beneficial in actually drive down HC Costs, I think it will make things worse, thus one of many Scenarios I have heard.

Say that I do not have HC coverage and in 2014 my fine is 95.00, I continue on to 2015 and my fine is 325.00, carry on to 2016 and my fine is 695.00, realize now I have been saving the 350.00 per month (or higher as the years go on) Insurance payment for 7 years or 29,400.00 (actually more with costs going up)

Then in July of 2017, I get sick and sign up for HC Insurance for say 400.00 for that month. Now with the new BO plan I cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

I just cannot see how this plan can do anything but drive HC Insurance Costs thru the roof or cost taxpayers Billions if very many people did the same Scenario.

just because you can't be turned down w/an existing condition does not mean they can not charge you more for the policy...does it? like $1000 a month for it?

just because you can't be turned down w/an existing condition does not mean they can not charge you more for the policy...does it? like $1000 a month for it?

My Scenario was more a rhetorical comment, but do you see the point?, save 30,000 or more and wait till you need Insurance, so even a 1,000.00 or 2,000.00 payment for that 1st month, get fixed up and drop the Insurance.

That is the premise of how this Bill could backfire.

My Scenario was more a rhetorical comment, but do you see the point?, save 30,000 or more and wait till you need Insurance, so even a 1,000.00 or 2,000.00 payment for that 1st month, get fixed up and drop the Insurance.

That is the premise of how this Bill could backfire.

What happens if you get in a bad car accident? Have a heart attack? Something else sudden? Are you going to call and set up insurance on the ambulance ride over to the hospital? Life doesn't always go as you plan it, that's why it's called insurance...you pay for it in case you need it, not when you need it.

Car accident injuries are often paid by your car insurance. Many people run without car insurance too.

Forum List

Back