Problem

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
I've got a really weird Problem here.

Watching a youtube video or streaming in a football game the video freezes up. Audio keeps going.

Video starts up and keeps going as long as I move the mouse around on the screen.....

I've checked the fragmentation, I've changed the mouse, I've run malwarebytes.....

Watching a youtube video or streaming in a football game the video freezes up. Audio keeps going.

Video starts up and keeps going as long as I move the mouse around on the screen.....

I've checked the fragmentation, I've changed the mouse, I've run malwarebytes.....

Two possibilities that I can think of, the least probable one is malware. The most probable is your ISP oversold it's capacity or is having server issues and is traffic shaping causing congestion.

Two possibilities that I can think of, the least probable one is malware. The most probable is your ISP oversold it's capacity or is having server issues and is traffic shaping causing congestion.

I doubt there's anymore malware issues, malwarebytes cleaned out 1600 malware issues. Or at least it claims it did.

I doubt there's anymore malware issues, malwarebytes cleaned out 1600 malware issues. Or at least it claims it did.
Holy smokes, I can't imagine a perfect piece of software, if you had 1600 found that still leaves 16 at a 99% accuracy rate.
I'm with Ringal,
The most probable is your ISP oversold it's capacity or is having server issues and is traffic shaping causing congestion.

Actually I just heard about this from a friend on FB...

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-...-unless-2.html
Very easy to fix this.. Just uninstall ur Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin and reinstall it. Simple as that.
I have no idea why this problem even happend tho, but atleast this fixed the problem for me twice.

I'll try it tomorrow, I don't want to do something tonight that could piss me off........

Very easy to fix this.. Just uninstall ur Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin and reinstall it. Simple as that.
I have no idea why this problem even happend tho, but atleast this fixed the problem for me twice.

I'll try it tomorrow, I don't want to do something tonight that could piss me off........

Fixed the problem twice??!! That's a band-aid not a fix. And if it is AFP then there's some conflict/corrupted command with your browser and AFP10.
Here's the latest version:

Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

I had already guessed there might be an update out there.....Not sure what I'm running.....

Fixed the problem twice??!! That's a band-aid not a fix. And if it is AFP then there's some conflict/corrupted command with your browser and AFP10.
Here's the latest version:

Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

Still, I'll run it tomorrow.... I'm getting tired, Been researching all night, while keeping a half an eye on football games....

If that doesn't work, have you tried updating your video drivers? What's the make and model of your computer?

Well, I updated Adobe Flash Player to the most current. But I think I already had it.

Still froze up the video. And I just updated video card drivers trying to fix this...

So I put on my thinking cap and thought about anything I might have done in the past month that was out of the ordinary...

The Only thing I could think of was looking for free Football game streaming. Alot of those sites try hard to get you to download something. I didn't think I had but I looked for any new files or programs in the past month....

Sure enough there was a toolbar "Bringmesports" Don't remember downloading it but I kicked it out and videos are clear again.....

Well, I updated Adobe Flash Player to the most current. But I think I already had it.

Still froze up the video. And I just updated video card drivers trying to fix this...

So I put on my thinking cap and thought about anything I might have done in the past month that was out of the ordinary...

The Only thing I could think of was looking for free Football game streaming. Alot of those sites try hard to get you to download something. I didn't think I had but I looked for any new files or programs in the past month....

Sure enough there was a toolbar "Bringmesports" Don't remember downloading it but I kicked it out and videos are clear again.....

The first option..... Always go for the first option....... :lol:

Yep. Good to see you figured it out.

Toolbars are insidious little thingies.

I like Malwarebytes but it wasn't catching everything so I decided to install a second program for security even though people say it will slow my computer down.

It could be your hard drive is going. How long have you had it for?

Have you vacuumed the dust out of your computer?

I would try using Chrome to browse with. Chrome is faster than I.E. It should free up your computer a little.

Ollie I run an app called "NoScript", it is a Firefox or Chrome addon.
Basically what it does is stops every active script that wants to run on any website.
Each time a script comes up - you are presented with a "allow - deny" box. When you click allow - it will forever allow that script to run, you can also easily allow ALL scripts for a website you know and trust.
It is a bit pf a pain at first as it "learns" the websites you allow, it will pop up quite often at first. It would have 100% stopped that toolbar from installing.

Forum List

Back