Your Better off Going to a Minor League Game

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
I am of the opinion that most fans are better off going to a minor league or independent league baseball game rather than the more expensive Major League games.

When I was a kid I remember MLB games being way more affordable and a lot more people going to the games, now ticket prices have skyrocketed and you see many empty seats at these games. To try to save some money on watching live baseball games I decided to try going to the minor league and independent league games instead and you know what I am enjoying watching the minor league games more than the MLB games! For only $10 - $15 I get great tickets with a great close up view of the game. I am lucky to get the nosebleed seats with an obstructed view for $20-30 at an MLB game where i can barely see the players. Parking at Minor League games is free! For an MLB game I am paying like $20 just to park! Food and drink also seem cheaper at the Minor League games. The more I been going to Minor League and Independent League games the less desire I have had to go to an MLB game. I just see how much a better deal I am getting at a minor league game and have much better seats to see the players play the game. So I find myself attending the Minor League games and just watching MLB on the TV screen.

I encourage fans to follow suit and start going to Minor League and Independent League games as well out of protest for the highway robbery of MLB games these days. MLB keeps losing fans and maybe when they loose enough they will get the message.

As one ages one realizes how many hours were wasted in mundane activities such as watching sports, playing video games etc.

Perhaps I am just feeling the effects of age in a Police State, but still, it does impacts ones perspective and I promised myself I would not become one of those "jaded old men", even if I have real experiences to support being jaded.

As one ages one realizes how many hours were wasted in mundane activities such as watching sports, playing video games etc.

Perhaps I am just feeling the effects of age in a Police State, but still, it does impacts ones perspective and I promised myself I would not become one of those "jaded old men", even if I have real experiences to support being jaded.

Sports have provided me with some unforgettable lifetime memories. But I have learned that paying exorbitant prices for tickets are not worth it.
I have been to NFL games where you pay $200 plus for a ticket upper deck end zone and you watch a play and then look to the Jumbotron replay to see what really happened.
Might as well stay home and watch on TV

Are they wasted? If you are doing something you enjoy, and can they even be called mundane if you are having fun doing them?

I will turn 60 soon and I still pay video games. There are many studies coming out showing a connection to playing video games and a lessened chance of developing diseases like Alzheimer’s.

We go the local high school games. We quit watching anything to do with pro sports back in the 1990's when they had all those strikes, even on TV.

lol now they're even going to unionize college players. Hilarious. ThuggzBawl is worthless.

I am of the opinion that most fans are better off going to a minor league or independent league baseball game rather than the more expensive Major League games.

When I was a kid I remember MLB games being way more affordable and a lot more people going to the games, now ticket prices have skyrocketed and you see many empty seats at these games. To try to save some money on watching live baseball games I decided to try going to the minor league and independent league games instead and you know what I am enjoying watching the minor league games more than the MLB games! For only $10 - $15 I get great tickets with a great close up view of the game. I am lucky to get the nosebleed seats with an obstructed view for $20-30 at an MLB game where i can barely see the players. Parking at Minor League games is free! For an MLB game I am paying like $20 just to park! Food and drink also seem cheaper at the Minor League games. The more I been going to Minor League and Independent League games the less desire I have had to go to an MLB game. I just see how much a better deal I am getting at a minor league game and have much better seats to see the players play the game. So I find myself attending the Minor League games and just watching MLB on the TV screen.

I encourage fans to follow suit and start going to Minor League and Independent League games as well out of protest for the highway robbery of MLB games these days. MLB keeps losing fans and maybe when they loose enough they will get the message.
I'll go you one further.....a college baseball game, any level. These kids are excellent players and can all perform the fundamentals. Baseball is a great game and watching young men who are well coached at the fundamentals compete is a great enjoyment.

I go to a lot of minor league games, but nothing beats MLB. You expect minor league players to fields, but the hitting and pitching of minors pales in comparison to MLB.

College games are pretty good

Indeed easy to park and get out after a game

*1 our minor league team, moved a few years ago, but we have several competitive college teams nearby, and i've been to my old high school's games (but it is kind of creepy not knowing anyone and being older than the teachers.)

I go to a lot of minor league games, but nothing beats MLB. You expect minor league players to fields, but the hitting and pitching of minors pales in comparison to MLB.

MLB games are boring. A lot more obnoxious drunks in the stands as well. They should ban kids under 18 from attending.

Yes. I'm slowing down a little as I get older, but I still get out of the house as often as I can think up a reason to. I still gt in a couple hours of TV time a day though. I sleep less now than when I was younger, so it doesn't make a dent in my daily activities.

My son played 2 years of Independent ball and I fully agree. People would be amazed at the talent level of the players even in the low division Pecos and Pioneer leagues.

Forum List

Back