Professor at Duke University in hot water over racist comments.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Duke rebuke Professor defiant after school condemns racially charged remarks Fox News

Well, I see my other thread was closed due to "no commentary". Like...whatever. Commentary? TazBro is on a roll when it comes to nitpicking so how's this for commentary? I'll just post the whole article. And furthermore....THIS is my commentary: Read the link. The link title gives you a clue what you are clicking on. *eye roll*

A Duke University professor was defiant after the school last week condemned his "noxious" and "offensive" words in a letter published in The New York Times in which he compared African-Americans unfavorably to Asian-Americans.

The school's rebuke came after a student backlash against Political Science Professor Jerry Hough, 80, whose May 9 letter sought to address racism and the Baltimore riots. Hough said African-Americans don't try to integrate into society, while Asians “worked doubly hard” to overcome racism instead of blaming it.

“Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”

- Duke University Prof. Jerry Hough

“Every Asian student has a very simple old American first name that symbolizes their desire for integration,” he wrote on May 10. “Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”

Duke students and faculty blasted Hough last week, and the school told The News & Observer of Raleigh that he was placed on leave and that 2016 will be his last year at the school.

“The comments were noxious, offensive, and have no place in civil discourse,” said Duke spokesman Michael Schoenfeld. “Duke University has a deeply held commitment to inclusiveness grounded in respect for all, and we encourage our community to speak out when they feel that those ideals are challenged or undermined, as they were in this case.”

Edited to comply with copyright rules (post only a small to medium section of the article, not the entire article).

Oh, and Stat? I have no control over what word another poster chooses to use. If you want me to be the Name Calling Police, tell CK to hire me as one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good to me Gracie.

Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”

“Every Asian student has a very simple old American first name that symbolizes their desire for integration,” he wrote on May 10. “Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”
Cassius Clay started that bullshit back in the early 60s. Then Bobby Moore of the St. Louis Football Cardinals.

Truth hurts. This professor spoke what is blatantly obvious but he is a racist for uttering the dreaded truth.

By the way...soon it will actually be against the law (racist) for white people to mention black people.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MENTION THE BLACK RACE. YOU FACE PRISON WHITE BOY!

I certainly believe this guy has a right to state his opinions , and I happen to agree with him, but tough shit about being let go by Duke , they are a private college and can do as they like.

Too bad liberals don't agree when it comes to companies who do similar protecting THEIR beliefs.

It wouldn't be an issue, if he made those comments in a private conversation, no matter how extreme the views.

But if someone publishes a paper or circulates those comments in public claiming X, then it becomes public domain and an issue for the reputation of the university.

It wouldn't be an issue, if he made those comments in a private conversation, no matter how extreme the views.

But if someone publishes a paper or circulates those comments in public claiming X, then it becomes public domain and an issue for the reputation of the university.

Bingo.

Bingo.

The real issue is about people who keep saying they want a dialogue on race issues, but will stomp on anyone who voices an opinion outside of a narrowly defined scope of what is considered the "proper" view on race issues.

If people ask for a dialogue, they have to expect opinions that they might not like.

Duke rebuke Professor defiant after school condemns racially charged remarks Fox News

Well, I see my other thread was closed due to "no commentary". Like...whatever. Commentary? TazBro is on a roll when it comes to nitpicking so how's this for commentary? I'll just post the whole article. And furthermore....THIS is my commentary: Read the link. The link title gives you a clue what you are clicking on. *eye roll*

A Duke University professor was defiant after the school last week condemned his "noxious" and "offensive" words in a letter published in The New York Times in which he compared African-Americans unfavorably to Asian-Americans.

The school's rebuke came after a student backlash against Political Science Professor Jerry Hough, 80, whose May 9 letter sought to address racism and the Baltimore riots. Hough said African-Americans don't try to integrate into society, while Asians “worked doubly hard” to overcome racism instead of blaming it.

“Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”

Duke students and faculty blasted Hough last week, and the school told The News & Observer of Raleigh that he was placed on leave and that 2016 will be his last year at the school.

“The comments were noxious, offensive, and have no place in civil discourse,” said Duke spokesman Michael Schoenfeld. “Duke University has a deeply held commitment to inclusiveness grounded in respect for all, and we encourage our community to speak out when they feel that those ideals are challenged or undermined, as they were in this case.”

Edited to comply with copyright rules (post only a small to medium section of the article, not the entire article).

Oh, and Stat? I have no control over what word another poster chooses to use. If you want me to be the Name Calling Police, tell CK to hire me as one.
Wow, commenting on mod actions. No, Gracie and her hate ilk aren't given special privileges on USMB.

Looks good to me Gracie.

Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”

Cassius Clay started that bullshit back in the early 60s. Then Bobby Moore of the St. Louis Football Cardinals.

Really? How many white boys you know named Cassius?

Oh...so in order to assimilate and a way to end white racism is for every black person to adopt 'white' names? :lmao: Pathetic argument. How about everyone in Amerca name themselves John Smith?

Teapers are pathetic.

The entire negro race worldwide generally have double digit IQ's.
Is it 'racist' to state scientific fact?
They are living in an age where being able to 'run fast' isn't going to help them remotely compete in today's world.
Is it 'racist' to say this?
They are being increasingly marginalized world wide. Don't blame Asians and Whites for an entire race of 'Special Needs' people. If there is a GOD fucking blame him!
The problem is there are people who insist that the negro race is just as evolved and smart as any other race. Then when that bullshit blows up in their face constantly their reaction is to claim Whites and Asians are "holding back" the negro race.
If the fucking negro race was "equal" they would be laughing in the face at all the 'racists'. On their way to the "good paying jobs" BOBO promised them. Driving BMW's they didn't have to steal. On their way to elbow out with superior grades all those dumb Whities and Asians who are competing for the few spots at MIT?
What happens instead? Fucking Al Sharpton the biggest race whore the world has ever known is the negro's 'spokesman'. How fucking dumb can these 'equally intelligent' negroes be?
Whitey and asians AKA the fucking 'Makers' have thrown trillions of dollars at the negro race literally begging them to literally pull their fucking pants up. Result? Sweet fuck all.
For sure this time if only negroes are allowed in the most excellent schools in the country without having to meet the academic requirements this time for sure the negro will finally be able to prove how smart they really are.....this time for sure.

Last edited:
Instead of being more tolerant after a half Black president was elected, the radical left became more sensitive and angry and outraged over skin color. Thanks to the (mostly democrat) ultra sensitivity to skin color or ethnicity, colleges have changed from an open environment of learning and the reasonable exchange of ideas and opinions to closed mouthed little societies where big brother is always watching for the slightest sign of straying from government policy. The concept has taken root in the Military and society in general but strangely enough not Hollywood. It's Orwell's 1984 wrapped up with Stalinism.

They are living in an age where being able to 'run fast' isn't going to help them remotely compete in today's world.
They are being increasingly marginalized world wide. Don't blame Asians and Whites for an entire race of 'Special Needs' people. If there is a GOD fucking blame him!
The problem is there are people who insist that the negro race is just as evolved and smart as any other race. Then when that bullshit blows up in their face constantly their reaction is to claim Whites and Asians are "holding back" the negro race.
If the fucking negro race was "equal" they would be laughing in the face at all the 'racists'. On their way to the "good paying jobs" BOBO promised them. Driving BMW's they didn't have to steal. On their way to elbow out with superior grades all those dumb Whities and Asians who are competing for the few spots at MIT?
What happens instead? Fucking Al Sharpton the biggest race whore the world has ever known is the negro's 'spokesman'. How fucking dumb can these 'equally intelligent' negroes be?
Whitey and asians AKA the fucking 'Makers' have thrown trillions of dollars at the negro race literally begging them to literally pull their fucking pants up. Result? Sweet fuck all.
For sure this time if only negroes are allowed in the most excellent schools in the country without having to meet the academic requirements this time for sure the negro will finally be able to prove how smart they really are.....this time for sure.
You have no idea the satisfaction I receive knowing there are people as stupid as you in this world...

tokyo-4-festival-p-072.3.jpg

"Hi white people, call me "Jimmy" so that you can treat me like a human being...please..."

GIF-shower-kissing-naked-sex-gay-hung-smooth-hairy-hot-gay-sucking-cum-shot-jerking-fucking-bareback-sean-cody-muscel-jocks-bears-21.gif

Go make up with your boyfriend and sit the fuck down somewhere...

Truth hurts. This professor spoke what is blatantly obvious but he is a racist for uttering the dreaded truth.

No, that is not truth.

That is one person's perception of two different groups of people.
He was spot on. Being a seasoned soc professor underscores his comments.
The racist Boston U teacher still has her job. Totally black racist politic we are being held hostage by.

Oh...so in order to assimilate and a way to end white racism is for every black person to adopt 'white' names? :lmao: Pathetic argument. How about everyone in Amerca name themselves John Smith?

Teapers are pathetic.
You illustrate the problem and don't even know it. You refer to assimilated as white and thereby demonstrate your own black racism. Most contrived black names are bastardizations of traditional assimilated names in the name of anti-white racism.

Forum List

Back