Proof-of-citizenship voting bill push could threaten government shutdown

Noncitizens are already prohibited from voting.

But thousands of non citizens are voting anyhow.

The idea of the bill to fight this plague against our democracy, by making it harder for people to violate our laws.

And what's wrong with that?

An Alien voting in Pennsylvania is depriving me of my rights by cancelling out my vote.

"But calls are growing among House conservatives to use that must-pass measure to force consideration of a partisan bill aimed at barring noncitizens from voting — laying the groundwork for a clash with the Democratic-led Senate, which would likely reject such a package."

Such is the reprehensible right.

Noncitizens are already prohibited from voting.
So if the illegals the reprehensible left are bringing into the country are already barred from voting, why wouldn’t the Senate just go ahead and approve the bill that makes it clear - rather than shut down the government?

So if the illegals the reprehensible left are bringing into the country are already barred from voting, why wouldn’t the Senate just go ahead and approve the bill that makes it clear - rather than shut down the government?
Please explain how you are going to re-register 100MM citizen voters in what 60 days? thats if it were fully passed now.

The government employees where I live are hoping for a shutdown. They get a paid vacation.
None of the government employees should get any pay during a shutdown, and especially the Congressional Critters.

That would force a change to the current failure to have a balanced budget, for what now, decades?

As it stands, there is absolutely zero incentive for anyone to change the status quo.

Please explain how you are going to re-register 100MM citizen voters in what 60 days? thats if it were fully passed now.
You don’t have to re-register anyone. Just show proof of citizenship, like I had to do a few days ago for something much less vital than voting. Either show up with a copy of your passport or birth certificate, or mail it in along with your ballot.

None of the government employees should get any pay during a shutdown, and especially the Congressional Critters.

That would force a change to the current failure to have a balanced budget, for what now, decades?

As it stands, there is absolutely zero incentive for anyone to change the status quo.
I agree with that, but you should hear how the entitled government workers bitch and complain when they ARE paid, and six figures for 20 hours of work. They’d scream bloody murder if they had to face what the regular working class does during layoffs - and lose even a few days’ pay.

All the people I know are GS14 or 15, and they LOVE these shutdowns. One person I know went on an international cruise!

Forum List

Back