Proof that education is a failure.

Educated doesn't mean intelligent. Intelligence is something you are born with. Education, especially today, mostly means trained, usually trained in one narrow field of work. In some ways, it take more to succeed with only a high school diploma than an advanced degree because too often, degrees opened doors after which it was just largely /assumed/ you were qualified regardless of the work you did (because the degree SAYS you are qualified) whereas people with mere diplomas have to PROVE they are qualified, often constantly.
Generic Graduates

Diploma Dumbo job-thieves merely know "how to do" a job, just like the average American boy knows how to play baseball, but he can't even make his high-school team.

Why is there such a negative perception of education in this thread? I learned things at my undergrad university that I was able to immediately put to use ONCE I obtained a job (computer programming).

My master's degree has not resulted in me getting a job in the field of cybersecurity but it HAS equipped me with knowledge that was very much needed to improve my own life & cybersecurity (becoming more cybersecure) as well as the lives of many of my clients (becoming more cybersecure).

If things go according to plan, my master's will also help me obtain/once obtained in my next area of pursuit.

I don't see how gaining knowledge can ever be a "bad" thing UNLESS a person is told that if they go to school, pursue a particular course of study then they are "guaranteed" a GOOD job in that field. I found that for some people, particularly speaking of myself, that path is not a straight line.

Forum List

Back