Proof that education is a failure.

When you have a lion's share of high-school graduates who aren't proficient in basic subjects like reading, writing, and math, it kind of tells the story itself.
I did not realize the majority of Texas high-school graduate were lousy at reading, writing and basic math. What are you guys doing about it?

This sums up education pretty well.

PERSONAL​

"Education should enable young people to engage with the world within them as well as the world around them. In Western cultures, there is a firm distinction between the two worlds, between thinking and feeling, objectivity and subjectivity. This distinction is misguided. There is a deep correlation between our experience of the world around us and how we feel. As we explored in the previous chapters, all individuals have unique strengths and weaknesses, outlooks and personalities. Students do not come in standard physical shapes, nor do their abilities and personalities. They all have their own aptitudes and dispositions and different ways of understanding things. Education is therefore deeply personal. It is about cultivating the minds and hearts of living people. Engaging them as individuals is at the heart of raising achievement."

In other words, education doesn't confer a sense of a broader social responsibility. It's all about "me".

Last edited:
Graduates are told they can do anything they aspire to thanks mostly to their education. So why aren't they solving the problems that they aspired to solve? Most government agencies that are funded to solve problems employ only college grads (and then mostly masters). With all that education and taxpayers' money why can't they do the job that they aspire to and are paid handsomely for?

Educated doesn't mean intelligent. Intelligence is something you are born with. Education, especially today, mostly means trained, usually trained in one narrow field of work. In some ways, it take more to succeed with only a high school diploma than an advanced degree because too often, degrees opened doors after which it was just largely /assumed/ you were qualified regardless of the work you did (because the degree SAYS you are qualified) whereas people with mere diplomas have to PROVE they are qualified, often constantly.

Last edited:
This sums up education pretty well.

PERSONAL​

"Education should enable young people to engage with the world within them as well as the world around them. In Western cultures, there is a firm distinction between the two worlds, between thinking and feeling, objectivity and subjectivity. This distinction is misguided. There is a deep correlation between our experience of the world around us and how we feel. As we explored in the previous chapters, all individuals have unique strengths and weaknesses, outlooks and personalities. Students do not come in standard physical shapes, nor do their abilities and personalities. They all have their own aptitudes and dispositions and different ways of understanding things. Education is therefore deeply personal. It is about cultivating the minds and hearts of living people. Engaging them as individuals is at the heart of raising achievement."

In other words, education doesn't confer a sense of a broader social responsibility. It's all about "me".

When people in college or fresh out demand others alter their behavior or simply keep quiet to avoid their feelings getting hurt, it is very much all about "me".

We have a generation of toddlers.

Graduates are told they can do anything they aspire to thanks mostly to their education. So why aren't they solving the problems that they aspired to solve? Most government agencies that are funded to solve problems employ only college grads (and then mostly masters). With all that education and taxpayers' money why can't they do the job that they aspire to and are paid handsomely for?
Daddy Buying Dummy a Job

A woman I know prepared theses for PhD candidates. Not only did she have to correct spelling and grammar, but she often corrected errors and falsehoods in the documents. My sister worked for a technician who wrote articles for a popular photography magazine. She said that she too had to correct spelling, grammar, and composition else his articles would be unprintable. She also prepared papers for her husband, a genius who wrote educational programs for 'gifted and talented' kids. She was aghast at his poor writing skills. She also composed the introductory letter that helped get him a position in a prestigious university education department.
Shows Why These Job Thieves Came Up with the Term "Grammar Nazi"

Forum List

Back