Public funds used to provide footwashing basins for muslim cabbies at SFO

You didn't answer my question. You said that public funds shouldn't be used for anything dealing with religious accommodations or in terms of meeting the spiritual needs of people. I am asking you if you thus disagree with the military employment of chaplains to meet the spiritual needs of our troops.

Homeless people are allowed to use public restrooms, so I'm not sure what your point is? Anyway, the airport has a close working relationship with cab companies, they benefit each other.

all right... lets get specific..

i pay SF taxes... in my opinion it should not be used to accommodate ANY religion for any reason... And considering this is liberal hell... i am surprised they did anything for a religion... but muslims are the newest PC placating thing... so in the same breath...its not surprising.

i would also have zero problem with pulling every religious thing from the military. So you lose in trying to get a double standard.

the cabbies are not airport customers.... neither are the homeless.... neither should be allowed to use the restrooms for bathing.

So, just to be clear, you think that the military should fire all military chaplains then?

lets be clear...

the military is providing something or its employees with our tax dollars.

the airport is providing something for muslims who are NOT airport employees... who want accommodations with our tax dollars. So in my opinion they are on the same level as homeless who want to bathe in private property restrooms.

all right... lets get specific..

i pay SF taxes... in my opinion it should not be used to accommodate ANY religion for any reason... And considering this is liberal hell... i am surprised they did anything for a religion... but muslims are the newest PC placating thing... so in the same breath...its not surprising.

i would also have zero problem with pulling every religious thing from the military. So you lose in trying to get a double standard.

the cabbies are not airport customers.... neither are the homeless.... neither should be allowed to use the restrooms for bathing.

So, just to be clear, you think that the military should fire all military chaplains then?

lets be clear...

the airport is providing something for muslims who are NOT airport employees... who want accommodations with our tax dollars. So in my opinion they are on the same level as homeless who want to bathe in private property restrooms.

You still didn't answer the question. It's a pretty simple yes or no.

I'm not trying to pull a "got ya" I'm trying to fully comprehend your position here. It doesn't matter to me whether you say yes or no, if no then I'd suggest that it is a bit of a contradictory stance to take, if yes then I'd simply suggest that we would have to agree to disagree on the issue.

Last edited:

lets be clear...

You still didn't answer the question. It's a pretty simple yes or no.

I'm not trying to pull a "got ya" I'm trying to fully comprehend your position here. It doesn't matter to me whether you say yes or no, if no then I'd suggest that it is a bit of a contradictory stance to take, if yes then I'd simply suggest that we would have to agree to disagree on the issue.

again..i have no issue with pulling EVERYTHING religious from government funding....

so i would say that is a pretty clear yes.... pull them.

Well in that case we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't consider the separation of church and state to mean that the state should ignore the spiritual needs of those who interact with it, but rather that the state should not promote one religion above another.

Well in that case we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't consider the separation of church and state to mean that the state should ignore the spiritual needs of those who interact with it, but rather that the state should not promote one religion above another.

then SF should provide Christian baptismals filled with holy water at the taxpayers expense. I love it. Put out some New Testaments too.

KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

It's never good theological practice to take an isolated verse out of context and assign meaning to it.

"out of context" ?? HA !!

well here is the full context:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

Mr. Osomir, (sounds like a muslime name) i do hope you have read the full "CONTEXT" of your Koran.

So you don't think that our soldiers overseas should have access to military chaplains to meet their spiritual needs while on deployment then?

Mr. osmir, military chaplains are in the military, normally with the rank of O4 they are paid the same as an O4 line officer.., what the fuck is is your point ?

your muslime advocacy is beginning to get boring, see the following quote.

SF should provide Christian baptismals filled with holy water at the taxpayers expense. I love it. Put out some New Testaments too.

do you agree with this suggestion ? man up and reply with your honest (???????) opinion. OK ?

"out of context" ?? HA !!

well here is the full context:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

Mr. Osomir, (sounds like a muslime name) i do hope you have read the full "CONTEXT" of your Koran.

A couple of comments from me here:

1.) yes those are out of context, one could easily do the same to most theological texts like the Bible. It wouldn't be hard to post up quotes like Moses calling for the slaughter of whole populations for example but that wouldn't be very honest in terms of the message of and teachings of Christianity. In the Quran you have two main sections pre-Hijra scripture (revealed in Mecca) and post-Hijra scripture (revealed in Medina) the post- Hijra scripture tends to revolve around a lot of specific events and issues. Sura 8 for example deals with the Battle of Badr, and Sura 9 deals with the Battle of Tabuk. So when polytheists are referenced in the Quran it is usually a general term for specific persons. Sura two for example deals with the Meccans (which is why it specifically mentions persecution) Mecca placed a two year economic ban on Muslims which is, in part, what precipitated the hijra in the first place (along with Muhammad losing his uncles protection opening him up to being murdered without incurring a blood debt). In Sura 9 you have the Umma marching north to confront the Byzantines (a battle which failed to materialize, but the Quran still has the pre-battle speech in it). Muhammad was allied to and engaged in peaceful relationships with non-Muslim populations throughout this period as well, which would also contradict your understanding of said verses.

Once again posting isolated verses is pretty poor theological methodology.

I'd be happy to discuss any specific pieces of Islamic theology you'd like.

2.) Osomir isn't a name, it's a handle and is based off of the element Osmium (Os)

3.) I'm an atheist, not that my religious affiliation should matter.

A extremist religion like islam shouldn't be welcomed within a free nation.

Last night I attended a party with quite a diverse crowd. There was a couple who were originally from Iraq, both Muslim. Husband is Kurd, wife is Tajik. Mr. Kurd said that "a true Muslim would never take a life".

I don't believe Islam is an extremist religion. But I do know that there are very violent Islamists and Muslims.

Over the ages, Christianity has been practiced at its most extreme. Wiping out entire cultures, murdering by the millions.

Hey, Mr. H. I'm impressed.:thup:

Mr. osmir, military chaplains are in the military, normally with the rank of O4 they are paid the same as an O4 line officer.., what the fuck is is your point ?

Military personnel are paid with public funds (our tax dollars) that was my point. It isn't something that I disagree with, I was just curious if he would, and he does.

your muslime advocacy is beginning to get boring, see the following quote.

There is no "e" in the word Muslim.

SF should provide Christian baptismals filled with holy water at the taxpayers expense. I love it. Put out some New Testaments too.

do you agree with this suggestion ?

I'm generally fine with areas set aside for members of all religions to pray, reflect, meditate, and seek spiritual needs at. I generally prefer to have a single place for all faiths to go do that is constructed in a non-demoniational manner, though I wouldn't be averse to their being religious materials there required for the above activities as long as there wasn't anything there meant directly to convert people / advertise.

then SF should provide Christian baptismals filled with holy water at the taxpayers expense. I love it. Put out some New Testaments too.

lets not forget the native Americans need their sweat lodges!

Mr. Kurd said that "a true Muslim would never take a life".

Mr. Kurd is NOT a true muslime, his koran demands he kill all infidels;

koran demands they lie to infidels

Are Muslims permitted to lie?

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

so it sounds to me your muslime acquaintance is lying and you should have called him out.

So...you speak for the Muslim religion.

Airport?s garage now Muslim house of worship | Matier And Ross | an SFGate.com blog

Of course if they had used public funds for anything to do with christianity liberals would throw the biggest, limp wristed pansy fruit hissy fit of all time.

What's it like being such fucking hypocrites you deviant fruits?

Where does it say public funds were used? Isn't the airport a private enterprise?

Read the fucking article moron. Most airports are public ventures . Sfo is owned by city and county of San Francisco

A extremist religion like islam shouldn't be welcomed within a free nation.

Its not extreme.

you call "killing ALL infidels" not extreme ??

madam, you and your ilk would be among the first to be beheaded by your beloved muslimes :clap2:

It always interests me when posters don't go along with the "hate all muslims" meme, they are suddenly muslim lovers.

Reminds me of those who were against the degradation of segregation in the South were automatically tagged as "N***** lovers".

Forum List

Back