Putin Says U.S. Trapped Snowden in Russia

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
MOSCOW — President Vladimir V. Putin told an audience of students on Monday that the United States had effectively trapped Edward J. Snowden, the fugitive former intelligence contractor, on Russian territory by frightening countries that otherwise might have accepted him. When Mr. Putin insisted that Russia did not want Mr. Snowden to cause damage to the United States, the students laughed out loud.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/world/putin-snowden-russia.html?_r=0

As long as Snowden is somewhere safe and continues to expose how evil the government has become that is all anyone can ask.

^ Putin was touched by Snowden :)

---

“Initially,” Mr. Putin said, “we offered him, ‘If you want to stay, please, but you have to stop your political activities. We have a certain relationship with the U.S., and we don’t want you with your political activities damaging our relationship with the U.S.’

“He said, ‘No.’ ”

The students laughed.

“You laugh, but I am speaking seriously,” Mr. Putin continued. “He said: ‘No, I want to continue my work. I want to fight for human rights. I believe that the United States violated certain norms of international law, interfered with private life.’ ”

Forum List

Back