Question: If Jesus was the son of God, or even God himself, why...

I've always wondered. If Jesus, God, and the Holy Ghost are all the same, would Jesus have to ask himself if he could borrow the car?

I've always wondered. If Jesus, God, and the Holy Ghost are all the same, would Jesus have to ask himself if he could borrow the car?
I've always wondered if dyslexic agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog?

uh, no.....that's why the text from the Sermon on the Mount says "you have heard it said........but I say unto you......" he wasn't quoting anyone.......
And what He cited was in the Law.
to claim so insures that you miss the point of what he was saying.....
Not so. It's very clear what He was saying. He quoted sections of the Law (unless you can prove what He said was not in there, good luck on that), and gave His standard, which was higher in each case.
easy enough......if His standard "was higher in each case", then "what He said was not in there".....is this not true?.....how could his standard be higher than the law if it was in the law?.....
Each time He said, "You have heard it is written", it was in the Law.
agreed.....and each time he said "but I say to you" he gave them something which was not written ....

And what He cited was in the Law.
to claim so insures that you miss the point of what he was saying.....
Not so. It's very clear what He was saying. He quoted sections of the Law (unless you can prove what He said was not in there, good luck on that), and gave His standard, which was higher in each case.
easy enough......if His standard "was higher in each case", then "what He said was not in there".....is this not true?.....how could his standard be higher than the law if it was in the law?.....
Each time He said, "You have heard it is written", it was in the Law.
agreed.....and each time he said "but I say to you" he gave them something which was not written ....
Except that it was....

Tell you what, show me that the Law does NOT say, "Do not kill". Start with that one. Then show me that the Law does NOT prohibit adultery. There you go. Two easy things to do.

Except that it was....

Tell you what, show me that the Law does NOT say, "Do not kill". Start with that one. Then show me that the Law does NOT prohibit adultery. There you go. Two easy things to do.
what the law does NOT say is "do not hate", what the law does NOT say is "do not lust".....you knew that was going to be easy, why did you pretend it wasn't going to happen......

if you're ready to stop pretending we can end this now......

Except that it was....

what the law does NOT say is "do not hate", what the law does NOT say is "do not lust".....you knew that was going to be easy, why did you pretend it wasn't going to happen......

It's very simple. Jesus cited what was in the Law (you cannot deny that), then said, "But I say", and gave His standard, which of course is much more stringent than what is in the Law. He completed the Law and gave us something better, relationship. The Law still stands, however, and if you attempt to be justified by it, you will be condemned by it.

Except that it was....

It's very simple. Jesus cited what was in the Law (you cannot deny that), then said, "But I say", and gave His standard, which of course is much more stringent than what is in the Law. He completed the Law and gave us something better, relationship. The Law still stands, however, and if you attempt to be justified by it, you will be condemned by it.
that is what I said several pages ago.......I'm glad you changed your mind.....

Forum List

Back