R-W'ers.."We have all the political power"....but, we blame Dems.

In a Trump Era, Schumer Declares, Democrats Are ‘the Barrier’

In a Trump Era, Schumer Declares, Democrats Are ‘the Barrier’

“We are the barrier... we have an obligation to oppose him on all the places where he tramples on our values, travels with racism or just dismantles things because the right wing tells him to do so. That is where we are at.” said Mr. Schumer"

Democrats are 100% committed to obstruct and oppose all GOP / Trump administration actions that are in any way against their liberal ideology / agenda, no matter if that action is good for the American people / the country - as their lies and 'Armageddon 'fear-mongering' over the Trump / GOP Tax Reform demonstrated.

I WILL blame the Dems if there is a shutdown.

Just a reminder......

House..............238 R versus 193 D.
Senate...............51 R versus 49 D and I.

Blame Dems. all you want.

Just a reminder......

You know to pass the CR, the senate needs 60 votes, right?

I certainly know that......

Qsts.

When was an actual budget (not a CR) last passed?

Is this thread ONLY about the passing of a CR?

How does Lindsey Graham plan to vote for this CR?

This isnt just one party holding us up, guys..
That's true, but Dems are pulling the trigger this time.
Why just them? They have enough repubs to not even need them...
? No they don't--not in the Senate. They need 10 Dems to get 60 votes. The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.
Thats a "cloture" vote to break the filibuster. 60% is "self inflicted"...
IIRC

Just a reminder......

You know to pass the CR, the senate needs 60 votes, right?

I certainly know that......

Qsts.

When was an actual budget (not a CR) last passed?

Is this thread ONLY about the passing of a CR?

How does Lindsey Graham plan to vote for this CR?
Actual Budget? 1866?
This thread is about why Dems are saying they won't pass a CR--they are saying it is because they require a DACA plan first. If I have that wrong, let me know.

I realize there are a handful of Repubs who won't vote for a CR. Of COURSE Graham won't--he's madder than hell about what happened to his proposal last Thursday.

Congress is actually required to pass an annual budget, but that has not happened since the Democrats took over the House and Senate. The fact is NO POLITICIAN - Democrat or Republican - wants to go on record as supporting a budget that actually lists / itemizes / points out all the fraud, waste, and abuse. The passage of a CR allows them to defend themselves by declaring the original 'Resolution' was not theirs and they were forced to vote for the CONTINUING Resolution to prevent a govt shutdown...and the crap continues to roll along.

Morons....starting with the moron-in-chief.......like to flaunt that every segment of government is firmly under republican control..."We have ALL the political power" is the often voiced mantra by right wingers.....

......EXCEPT, of course, when it comes to taking responsibility for what that political power results in........then, these same right wingers revert to "blaming" democrats for their own failures....

If a government shut down occurs..........then right wingers (and Trump) will revert to blaming democrats.

If the Mueller investigation gets too close to the oval office......then right wingers will blame democrats and their MSM "puppets."

If the orange charlatan's agenda and demagoguery gets stuck when faced with fiscal realities........then right wingers will point the finger of blame on those pesky democrats.

Comparing this administration and its supporters to a 4th grade class' antics, is probably an insult to 4th graders.
Should we ask Judeans for affirmative action to, "join the club"?

The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.

So, where the fuck is that passed House plan on the CR being held up in the Senate??
We're talking potentialities here, as you know. But even if every miserable Republican in the Senate voted for the CR, my point is that it would not pass without some Democrats' approval. Hopefully enough Democrats don't want the stigma of shutting down the government on their shoulders. I am pretty left-ly aligned when it comes to immigration, but I am completely opposed to shutting down the government over it. As I said before, DACA is popular enough a concept that legislation to allow them to become citizens can happen APART from the budget.

The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.

So, where the fuck is that passed House plan on the CR being held up in the Senate??
We're talking potentialities here, as you know. But even if every miserable Republican in the Senate voted for the CR, my point is that it would not pass without some Democrats' approval. Hopefully enough Democrats don't want the stigma of shutting down the government on their shoulders. I am pretty left-ly aligned when it comes to immigration, but I am completely opposed to shutting down the government over it. As I said before, DACA is popular enough a concept that legislation to allow them to become citizens can happen APART from the budget.

I fully DISAGREE........Ultra right wingers "advising" the uninformed and incompetent Trump have convinced him that any deal on DACA will be interpreted as "amnesty."

Ergo, if Dems. want a DACA deal they best stick to denying yet another CR......sure, shoulder some of the blame for a shutdown, but win both on moral and political grounds for the Hispanic community.

Of course it does (chuckling sarcasm). Barring the Clinton era, where Bill was lucky to have the IT expansion and stayed out of it, I by far made the most money under Republicans. Currently, my portfolio is swelling rapidly after eight years of Obama stagnation.

This isnt just one party holding us up, guys..
That's true, but Dems are pulling the trigger this time.
Why just them? They have enough repubs to not even need them...
? No they don't--not in the Senate. They need 10 Dems to get 60 votes. The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.
Thats a "cloture" vote to break the filibuster. 60% is "self inflicted"...
IIRC
60% is inflicted to ensure that more than half the people in this country are represented in an important piece of legislation. Otherwise you have a see saw, which is pretty much what is now happening since they went to the simple majority for a lot of legislation. One party gets a majority--it's just what they want. The other party gets the majority for a few years and it's all reversal of what the party enacted before. The country goes back and forth instead of forward. I don't agree with the 51% for any decisions.

Forum List

Back